Resolved Texture Editor Not sure if bug, new land texture templates not saving

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main

Lonewarrior

Sergeant
I’ve created a new layer for the land painting tool and got it to work, however when I save it “save as new template” it doesn’t appear in the game files at the location.
For example it by default says “save to /modules/native but even searching the game files it is not located there.

Does this mean that if I create a mod and use one of my new templates that someone else using the mod will not see my new texture for land painting since I can not physically move to file to my mod folder or will the game automatically generate the template bases on the info in the mod tool and display it anyway?
I’m guessing it won’t, and if that’s true there may be an error saving new templates causing them to not save (even though I can use them in my editor) I can also overwrite the save file even though I can’t see it, it’s supposed to be in a folder called $base but that doesn’t show up even with “show hidden files” Enabled

Basically do I need to include the terrain paint template in my mod or will the game just render it anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:
Forwarded to the developers for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Thanks, do I need to include any texture templates I create in the modding tool in the files for my mod or will the game still generate them for others without including them?
Since the texture templates I made only use textures from the standard game?
Would a scene in the modding tool file for a map includes those templates in the actual Scene file or not?

Last edited:
I am marking this thread as resolved because we did not get the information asked in time. If you are still experiencing this issue please let us know by leaving a reply to this thread. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom