Not playing til the game is completed

Users who are viewing this thread

Keldar

Recruit
Getting really tired of finding great mods that people have clearly worked hard at and as soon as a new patch comes out half of the ones I use no longer work. I am done having to restart because my game is now screwed up. I give a lot of thanks to the people who created the great mods that made the game much more fun but until Taleworlds gets their act together I am going to sit the game out. They promised a year and they have 2.5 months left. Yeah will see.

couldn't agree more with you all. Its pretty sad that they can't seem to put out a patch without screwing up more then they "add/fix".

I have also put game aside for fresh experience at release.

Many players in this forum both love and hate this game. Keeping oneself occupied by other games while waiting is best in order not to get frustrated.

I still follow the forums for fun, though.

This forum seems to be nothing but venting space these days.

The thing I don't understand why people always need to announce to the world that they're throwing their toys. If you aren't happy with where the game is at, just don't play it. All this shouting sounds like stomping feet to me.

Honestly, I have put in about 300+ hours into the campaign so far and yeah it's not perfect nor will it be for a very long time, but it's in early access for a reason. If you really wanted to see this game complete, it's up to gamers like us to play it as it is, have some fun, and report any issues! Think of it like beta, but for everyone. It should be an honor and a privilege to play it early and be given an opportunity to find issues to report. We put too much responsibility on the shoulders of developers. It's incredibly difficult to code and design a game so I have empathy for them. Probably more so because I couldn't develop a game if my life depended on it.

You should. It's perfectly normal to get tired of playing an early access game and that is exactly the moment when it's a good idea to take a break.

Years ago I played Dayz Standalone a lot, I had some fun but felt like was always waiting for it to get better & less buggier, and with every patch I lost all the gear I had gathered. While starting afresh can be fun, it also can become deadly frustrating if you have to do it after every few months just because the game is unfinished. Tbh I haven't even seen 1.0 of Dayz, I just can't play another minute in that world. After that experience I was very suspicious to play another EA game, then had a great experience with Rimworld.

This forum seems to be nothing but venting space these days.

The thing I don't understand why people always need to announce to the world that they're throwing their toys. If you aren't happy with where the game is at, just don't play it. All this shouting sounds like stomping feet to me.
Essentially it comes down to the prevailing attitude these days that everyone is special, everyone gets a prize, and the world needs to know how I feel because I'm the most important.

My man actually has a point. I put +2000 hours to campaign and I had to restart my campaign everytime TW released a new patch. Stop roasting him

My man actually has a point. I put +2000 hours to campaign and I had to restart my campaign everytime TW released a new patch. Stop roasting him
Yeah but new patches are always going to make mods incompatible. It's unavoidable and totally normal in game development.

Not playing until full release is the good thing to do, but TW need you as beta testers, so don't do this all!!! I tried beta 1.5.7 but yeah performance was like bad when it was pretty good in beta 1.5.6, there's some good updates and some bad updates, it's true at a point you can become crazy restarting all those campaigns... for an average playing experience, we are more like unpaid testers...

The chances of them finishing this game in 2.5 months is 0%. The bugs that 1.5.7 added will take a month alone to fix.
“While we do not have a set date for a full release at this moment in time, we expect that the game will be in early access for around a year. Our focus is on ensuring that the game is fun and enjoyable rather than imposing a deadline that might have a negative impact on the final product.”

Key word "Expect". Not "Promise" :smile:

Yeah waiting weeks and months for an update that will fix crucial things like that nobody comes of age bug and then waiting some more for the mods to be updated has stopped me being able to get invested in a campaign. Takes the fun out of it when you know you're just gonna restart it before long. Better to forget about the game for a while.

Back
Top Bottom