Not just sieges, but PLAYER CASTLES!

Users who are viewing this thread

(:) Dvd (:)

Regular
Alright. As we all know there are now sieges in the game. But has anyone tried entering a castle after you have completed the siege? I did. And lo and behold:

"Inspect the Castle"
"Station Troops"
"Rest until Morning"
"Leave"

So, of course I stationed some troops and then inspected the castle. The troops were all there on their respective positions. I left, rested until morning, and moved on to pillaging. But I saw something as I left:

"Collum Keep"
4 Vaegir Marksmen
2 Vaigir Knights
"Player Faction"

It was no an Outlaw keep but a PLAYER keep. It was MY keep. So, later on I returned only to find it... UNDER ATTACK!

The NPC Swadians were attacking my keep because it registered as MINE and I was Vaegir. So, I loaded up and went over to save my keep. What followed was a replay of Gandalf reinforcing Helm's Deep.

Oh baby, yea!
I then captured the other keep and now am an outlaw faction attacking both the Swadian's and Vaegirs.

-Dvd

Whoa, cool as hell. I still haven't gotten to attacking those keeps yet since I have no manpower, but I'm looking forward to it.

I wonder if main factions can capture them from the outlaws? Also, do they spawn outlaw parties while still under outlaw control (doubt it)?

are you fibbing? :???:
one of the first things i did was take the keeps and post a few men in them
then i sat and watched for several game days to see if they got assaulted, with no luck
guess i'll have to try again

I can see things like these castles playing a much more important part of the game later on.

They're a place to retreat to when you have an army following you, and I'd imagine they would be hotly contested by both factions throughout the game. Perhaps as a quest, you'd have to wrest a key castle from enemy control, or use your army to bolster the defense of a friendly castle under siege.

Raybur Ravenloc said:
are you fibbing? :???:
one of the first things i did was take the keeps and post a few men in them
then i sat and watched for several game days to see if they got assaulted, with no luck
guess i'll have to try again

Are you allied with a faction?

And if so, how much does the other faction hate you? They don't attack on sight until they really hate you, like -20.

-Dvd

i'm with the swadians
just tested it out
first i tried putting 3 of my men in the castle, and got an enemy group of 20 to chase me over then ditched them right next to the castle
they just walked away
so i got rid of the three troops, got the enemy to chase me again and went inside the keep, then rested
they stood there till i came back out and attacked me in a regular battle

i think we need to get some updated python files and go at these castles for some REAL fun

PrinceScamp said:
I wish I wasn't so tired and that I didn't have to get off of the computer in 5 minutes :sad:. I'll play inthe morning.
i'm really struggling against the idea of staying up all night playing with this and skipping work and classes tomorrow (not for sleep, for more play)

Raybur Ravenloc said:
PrinceScamp said:
I wish I wasn't so tired and that I didn't have to get off of the computer in 5 minutes :sad:. I'll play inthe morning.
i'm really struggling against the idea of staying up all night playing with this and skipping work and classes tomorrow (not for sleep, for more play)

To be honest, after exploring every town, looking at every weapon and capturing both of the castles, i've gotten bored of it again.

The core of the fighting is just same-old. Unless there's been some improvement in the storylike and the dynamics of the game that I don't yet know about. But i'll have to wait for Arma to tell us about them, because it's unlikely i'll find it myself in 30 minutes.

Ingolifs said:
Raybur Ravenloc said:
PrinceScamp said:

To be honest, after exploring every town, looking at every weapon and capturing both of the castles, i've gotten bored of it again.

The core of the fighting is just same-old. Unless there's been some improvement in the storylike and the dynamics of the game that I don't yet know about. But i'll have to wait for Arma to tell us about them, because it's unlikely i'll find it myself in 30 minutes.

Actually the combat animations seem a lot smoother. Combat is much more fun and active. I think there have been a lot more changes than we can see on the surface.

yea, what i'm tempted to do is spend the night text editing myself a little mod of 730
i want to be on the defensive end of a siege... me and my wall against the entire vaegir army. :twisted:

oh well, guess i'm better off going to sleep
i'm in danger of failing one class already, and i've missed work once recently too, dont feel like losing my nice little on-campus job (50% of the time i'm paid to do nothing, and most of the rest i get to operate power tools, cant beat that)

and maybe the new python files will be out by the time i'm back (hmm, about noon i have an hour off, then i'm done at 2, so 10-12 hours from now...)

For some freaky reason, my FPS seems to be stacks better with this latest version. I used to have it at around 150 and then for some reason (the inclusion of mods mebbe?) it plummeted even with all the fancy hho-ha switched off. I was geting like 65 tops. Now, my FPS is lovely and healthy again even with all this sexy 3D grass.

Man, that's some nice grass...

It's probably because your settings are changed back to the defaults, and mabye they ones you had it at wern't good for your frame rate. It also might be because of the graphics engine being tuned up.

I'd say it's definitely been fine-tuned. In both this and .711 I have the graphics settings all the way up, and the performance is very noticeably improved.

Combat to me seems a bit harder.
At least it was when I jumped on the wall between four swadian crossbowmen. They attack a whole lot faster, and so do the knights, most of my attacks were just barley fast enough to get them if I was one on one with a shield.

*shrug* Course I was in Dark Plate.. Maybe that effectivley slows down your movements now, where before it really didn't matter? That'd be cool. :eek:

And i've found my attacks bouncing off of plate and mail hauberks more often with straight swords when you slash, especially in CQB. (AKA On da wallz.)

Back
Top Bottom