not having fun...

Users who are viewing this thread

There is no wrong way to go about doing things in Mount and Blade:Warband. For my army building tendencies, I prefer high trainer, surgery, leadership skills. These skills let you make an army,
keep an army, and run an army with the weekly wage decreases. Note that I've been playing on realistic saves and with a 130% difficulty rating (except for the occasional game unfairness that I
wish to rectify, such as a 1 man lord out running my army and forcing me to fight 2000 enemy soldiers.)

wc7h08k.jpg

This shows the effectiveness of the surgery skill with only 7 dead when there are 56 wounded.

The single player of Warband is far from impossible, you just have to find your way, whether it is a high strength and agility build or a high intelligence and charisma build. One thing is certain, you need to level your character up so you can accomplish what you set out to do.

Ifrit77 said:
There is no wrong way to go about doing things in Mount and Blade:Warband. For my army building tendencies, I prefer high trainer, surgery, leadership skills. These skills let you make an army,
keep an army, and run an army with the weekly wage decreases.

This is so very true!  There is no template that all must follow.  For my part, I skip trainer skill completely, relying on hunting weak parties that have lots of high-level prisoners in order to build my army.  It's so much faster and cheaper!  But yes, there are many paths to victory; it's the best thing about Warband.

TBH, i dont think anything really needs to be changed when it comes to troop speed and/or toughness. Just have to know where to start. Starting off start near Drahara or Hakkon lands. The enemies there arent that tough. Starting off in Redwood lands will get you massacred.

You just need to know what you're doing, a few butthurt and tears goes a long way. You'll learn to adapt and overcome.

Montavious said:
TBH, i dont think anything really needs to be changed when it comes to troop speed and/or toughness. Just have to know where to start. Starting off start near Drahara or Hakkon lands. The enemies there arent that tough. Starting off in Redwood lands will get you massacred.
Very true!
Mods: We advise would be to focus on the bigger fish that you have to fry.
The game is very balanced now. there SHOULD be harder parties for later game etc.
Just be careful in the first 30days or so.

Lord of Shadows said:
If you want harder parties, Dreaded One is always there for you.  :razz:
Ah yes, the mysterious and elusive "Dreaded One".
Pardon my french everone, but WHO THE HELL IS HE? :razz:
I have played literally tens of games in Perisno from late version 0.5.
I have played hundreds of hours in it (300hrs i'd guess) and played Redwood, Valahir, Maccavia primarily, conquering Tolrania and Drahara nearly every single time.
WHERE IS HE?!
People are always saying he is the hardest etc..but i have never seen or heard about him and his army in-game. no messages pop up (should they?), no large armies with undead zombies, no text saying "Lord X of [Faction] has been defeated by THE DREAD ONE"...
So/..please please please...explain why he has not met my steel. (or my archer's arrows whilst im hiding :razz: ).
Thank you

He probably got scared on how I was really tired that night and just winged his friend General Yachomai with Insta-kill all units. [HEY I WAS TIRED!]

But anyway, I agree there is no exact template on how to create a character! I usually do the following: First Priority: INT Second priority: STR/AGI Third Priority: CHM

that said I barely invest points in charm. I try to be the medic in my warband unless I find the surgeon early on [forgot what his name is] also if you're having struggle with Perisno. NEVER START IN REDWOOD NATION. God, that is such a helluva time you're gonna have there. Assassins, assassins and amazons! Assassins and Amazons everywhere! If you have as much trouble as me and in it for the roleplay. Give yourself a few elite troops, the game will get easier early-game but trust me. Don't be surprised when you encounter a party of 50 amazon vs your part of 30 elite troops [Elven Rangers, Tolranian Kingsmen, and Dragoners] when your Dragoners start falling, I know it's aggravating but it WILL happen. Elite troops can't do everything!

Also @Michadr everytime I tried using commands the screen flickers on and off for a second, are you fixing that in the new update?

Trying to go for legit? Take small hops on the world map, never fast forward or you will regret it. Start in Maccavia perhaps as you're bordering with the best infantry and cavalry in the entire game. IMO Maccavia is the safest spot to start the game in.

Also @Michadr everytime I tried using commands the screen flickers on and off for a second, are you fixing that in the new update?
Yes, we are working on it. I will let everyone know if we can get it going.

Ironically, I head to the Redwood area as soon as I have a sturdy little party going.  That area has very strong parties that hate each other, and they are often nearly equal.  A small, fast player party of tavern mercenaries can jump on the survivours of such battles and come off with some really strong freed prisoners.  Demonics vs. Eagles, and Amazons vs. Female Mercs, with others jumping in... a bit of patience backed by good Pathfinding and Scouting skills will allow one to quickly build an elite army for free.

So yes, the mod is versatile enough that almost any strategy works  :smile:

AH personally, i am a bit more of a vagabond.
1) Run around and hire 30-40 farmers. Doesn't matter how appalling they are.
2) Attack a caravan and demand money then leave.
3) Raid a village of the faction that now doesn't like you. Because you have 40 troops you fool the village into not fighting you.
4) Carry on raiding them until you have LOADS of money. Go around and improve the troops you want.
5) Raid more and buy yourself some nice weapons.
6) I'm already really well-geared and have a good size/good quality army really early on.
Oh, devs..can you please somehow remove the "glitch" where you can fool the village into thikning you have an army by just hiring ~40 farmers. i think it counts quantity, not quality. I like it, but i think it is a bit sneaky.
Thanks.

Montavious said:

Hi,

I beg to differ. With a couple points in pathfinding and spotting you may well start in Redwood. I did in my first playthrough ever which included lots of "tactical withdrawals" to be sure. It`s a much more interesting starting point then all other.

But I do agree with your opinion re troops. They`re fine as is.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Joshua Ryde said:
What were the results on the poll you did for "should we re-make AI?"
will it change?
Thanks
It will change somewhat. I am currently trying to figure out why F4-F8 are not showing up or simply flickering off. Also in the 0.7 testing version there were a few simple changes introduced.

Michadr said:
Joshua Ryde said:
What were the results on the poll you did for "should we re-make AI?"
will it change?
Thanks
It will change somewhat. I am currently trying to figure out why F4-F8 are not showing up or simply flickering off. Also in the 0.7 testing version there were a few simple changes introduced.
Wait...there was an F8? lol. i only knew that my F4 didn't work, althugh you can still use it if you learn the combos.
i.e. if you look at when they flicker on, you can still order your troops around but you have to remember what each button means.

Yes, there should be a F4-F8, since we are using a modified version of the Formations and AI mod. Check out these screenshots>
http://static-1.nexusmods.com/15/mods/190/images/3784-2-1347646898.jpg
http://static-3.nexusmods.com/15/mods/190/images/3784-1-1347647168.jpg

essentially those are some things the mod is supposed to be doing but it's buggy as you all know.

To be Honest i start the game by trading and avoiding fights until i get enough money for a mercenary army.  I understand, that its hard to  start as a fighter in this.  but you can start off as a soldier following a lord in this made which makes leveling up much easier early on as long as you follow a lord that fights a lot.

Michadr said:
Yes, there should be a F4-F8, since we are using a modified version of the Formations and AI mod. Check out these screenshots>
http://static-1.nexusmods.com/15/mods/190/images/3784-2-1347646898.jpg
http://static-3.nexusmods.com/15/mods/190/images/3784-1-1347647168.jpg

essentially those are some things the mod is supposed to be doing but it's buggy as you all know.
Ah, thank you.
Also, will there be a way to make dismounted cavalry join the infantry division?
Or at least a new section.

No, just because YOU have problems adjusting to the difficulty of this mod doesn't mean it needs to be rebalanced.
You could try learning to adapt, the mod may have a steeper learning curve than others, but unlike you, most of us see that as a good point, not some problem that needs fixed.

The only problem that needs fixed is the one between your keyboard and chair.

Back
Top Bottom