not gaining attribute points?

Users who are viewing this thread

roelvvv

Recruit
Hey guys, I bought this game and I started playing it but as I level up I do not gain attribute points.. I'm level 7 now and I haven't gained a single one! I only get skill points! Does anyone have the same problem or know a fix? Because I can't play like this.. with an army cap of 38...
Modify message

You only get attribute points every couple of levels. That isn't mentioned anywhere in the game because... because.

Also the attribute cap on skills is not the same as Native, which also isn't explained anywhere.

TroubledWaters said:
You only get attribute points every couple of levels. That isn't mentioned anywhere in the game because... because.

Also the attribute cap on skills is not the same as Native, which also isn't explained anywhere.

It even says you can't train a skill any more when it's at one third of the attribute although that's wrong and you can actually train it until it's at one half of it. So technically they didn't just neglect to explain, but the game actually gives you false information 8/8 DLC

Yeah I still have no clue how this works. I have a strength of 21 but I can raise my power strike and Iron flesh to 10 Even though there is red letters on the side that says my limit is 7.

Maybe it's me, but it does feel like there's an imbalance between attribute and skill points. For example I have several unspent skill points - I would rather not waste them on skills that I don't really need or use because for the most part my companions have them well covered, skills like tracking, spotting, pathfinder, engineer, training and medic related. I seem to be waiting forever for that one precious attribute point so I may further any skills that I'm desperate to develop.

I'm not sitting back here also, I'm constantly in the thick of it, taking any opportunity to gain experience. 203 days into the campaign, level 19. I'm so looking forward to finally trying out the Troll's club that I won after defeating him and that feels like a lifetime ago, yet I still need a whopping 8 more on strength to be able to use it.

tanglebones said:
Maybe it's me, but it does feel like there's an imbalance between attribute and skill points. For example I have several unspent skill points - I would rather not waste them on skills that I don't really need or use because for the most part my companions have them well covered, skills like tracking, spotting, pathfinder, engineer, training and medic related. I seem to be waiting forever for that one precious attribute point so I may further any skills that I'm desperate to develop.

I'm not sitting back here also, I'm constantly in the thick of it, taking any opportunity to gain experience. 203 days into the campaign, level 19. I'm so looking forward to finally trying out the Troll's club that I won after defeating him and that feels like a lifetime ago, yet I still need a whopping 8 more on strength to be able to use it.
Protip: You will never use that troll thingy because you get an attribute point every 5 levels, that is you will have to level at least 35 times to get these 8 strength points afaik

This is one thing i like about this mod. Stats are front loaded and you cant raise them that much after creation, which seems a lot more realistic to me. And you can get a lot more skill points which means you dont have to be so min/maxy with your skill build, letting you do more realistic things like gain basic proficiencies in a lot of quality of life skills for redundancy and leader bonus sake.

Got a lot of issues with the mod but the skill/stat system is not one of them.

I do take issue with the male/female bonuses though. In vanilla it was balanced, both sexes got a boost to one useful combat stat and one useful support stat, in this females get nothing but support stat bonuses and then the game gives you a massive high int doctor companion right at the start. agi and cha for female and str and int for male would be more balanced, particularly since higher agi is actually useful now with the athletics penalty from armor and the importance of shields.

agi and cha for female

the problem cha is tied to leadership, that would make females better leaders (not saying that's impossible but would be fairly unrealistic in those times).

It still makes sense as the leadership skill affects only party size and morale. The 'making decisions' skill is tactics and thats an int skill.

Erika said:
It still makes sense as the leadership skill affects only party size and morale. The 'making decisions' skill is tactics and thats an int skill.

Exactly, and that would be a problem.

An agi boost for females would be way better then two secondary bonuses.

Having female chars disposed towards light-armored fast-moving fighting and less disposed towards heavy mail smash-and-pound seems as though it'd be realistic right?

Back
Top Bottom