Not enough smooth

Users who are viewing this thread

I have been playing the game the last weeks with a g-sync monitor and windows 10, and with an Nvidia GTX 2080. I get usually 80-90 fps (for example), but I never get the smooth that I get with other games using g-sync technology. I suppose it is related to the engine of this game, I don´t know. Of course it is playable, but I am very sensitibe to little lack of smooth, and this is not confortable to me.
I normally play using the desktop resolution (2560x1440) @ 144hz and vsync off. I have tried forcing max fps to different values (60, 70, 100, etc), but no difference.

I have been playing the game the last weeks with a g-sync monitor and windows 10, and with an Nvidia GTX 2080. I get usually 80-90 fps (for example), but I never get the smooth that I get with other games using g-sync technology. I suppose it is related to the engine of this game, I don´t know. Of course it is playable, but I am very sensitibe to little lack of smooth, and this is not confortable to me.
I normally play using the desktop resolution (2560x1440) @ 144hz and vsync off. I have tried forcing max fps to different values (60, 70, 100, etc), but no difference.
I can give you a few suggestions;

- Use full screen and set your resolution manually.
- Turn on DLSS; even if you just use the quality mode.
- Try V-Sync.

It doesn't sound like it's an FPS issue - so it might be a little difficult to diagnose.

I can give you a few suggestions;

- Use full screen and set your resolution manually.
- Turn on DLSS; even if you just use the quality mode.
- Try V-Sync.

It doesn't sound like it's an FPS issue - so it might be a little difficult to diagnose.
Thanks for the guggestion. I have tried and no differencce. But I have tested playing in single player (I never did) and it is perfectly smooth, like other games, so the conclusion is that the engine is not the problem. Something must be different between single player and multiplayer.

Maybe the problem is something related to micro lag (or something like that) when playing multiplayer games, or something related to delay of sync among players. I have ping around 40 and I suppose the lack of smoothness it is not beccuase of my ping. This problem is more noticceable in siege maps (I suppose because normally there are more players). The thing is that, if I get 85 fps using g-sync, I should never have microstuttering... no matter what (that is the idea of g-sync).

Thanks for the guggestion. I have tried and no differencce. But I have tested playing in single player (I never did) and it is perfectly smooth, like other games, so the conclusion is that the engine is not the problem. Something must be different between single player and multiplayer.

Maybe the problem is something related to micro lag (or something like that) when playing multiplayer games, or something related to delay of sync among players. I have ping around 40 and I suppose the lack of smoothness it is not beccuase of my ping. This problem is more noticceable in siege maps (I suppose because normally there are more players). The thing is that, if I get 85 fps using g-sync, I should never have microstuttering... no matter what (that is the idea of g-sync).
If it's only in MP - I can only suggest it is probably a network connectivity issue. MP shouldn't be any more taxing on your system; indeed in many ways it should be easier (as there is no A.I. requirement for multiplayer agents and less people in general running around).

Do you connect to your internet via a cable or wi-fi? I found noticeable stuttering when I used to use wi-fi; I switched to a TP-link and it smoothed out considerably.

Last edited:
If it's only in MP - I can only suggest it is probably a network connectivity issue. MP shouldn't be any more taxing on your system; indeed in many ways it should be easier (as there is no A.I. requirement for multiplayer agents and less people in general running around).

Do you connect to your internet via a cable or wi-fi? I found noticeable stuttering when I used to use wi-fi; I switched to a TP-link and it smoothed out considerably.
My computer is connected to the router via rj-45 cable directly, and i have 600/600 Mb optical fiber. Donwload and upload tests run without problem, I get more that 600 Mb and 14 ping.
Maybe micro delays producced for other player's lag cause this problem. But this is something that happen everytime I play.

Last edited:
My computer is connected to the router via rj-j5 cable directly, and i have 600/600 Mb optical fiber. Donwload and upload tests run without problem, I get more that 600 Mb and 14 ping.
Maybe micro delays producced for other player's lag cause this problem. But this is not something that happen everytime I play.
Do you get any packet loss with your connection? This can often cause micro-stutters even with a good ping. I'd recommend running a test for this - you can find them on google; an odd issue I'll grant though.

I have made the test in this site https://es.packetlosstest.com/ and the result is 0.0% package lost.

I have to remark that the problem is not something very noticeable, and maybe there are people that don't perceive it like a problem. But for me it is a problem, I feel as if I were playing the way I played years ago, before the release of g-sync/freesync technologies. Once you experience the smoothness of G-sync, you notice very easily when it is not working right.

As I said, playing in single player mode the game is very smooth, so there must be something breaking the smoothness when playing in multiplayer mode.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom