Not enough archers playing skrim

Users who are viewing this thread

SO1DIER

Just thought I mention that we dont have enough archers playing skrim. Might be a error???

Can't hear horses + cav moving across map in 6 seconds + insta-kill couch lance and pokes = no archers outside niche highly competitive and coordinated skirmish play. Sad!

for a moment I thought the title says not enough archer playing skyrim, then read silent cav and remember that I used to play a stealth archer in skyrim, good times

What do you mean not enough archers? I consistently keep playing against this menace called 'Sensei Obelix' and he makes his entire team play archer. Creating such crossfire which makes me press alt-f4 every single time I meet him.

there's not enough cav and infantry in random skirmishes as well
dying to cav is always archer's fault no matter how fast and how silent the cav is, pub players just usually have not enough experience to play around that. And you can't balance game around players with no experience.
There's a huge gap between random skirmish players and competitive players, so big, that most of competitive players can play 100-0 against pubers, and this thread's topic just proves that. The bad thing is, game can't satisfy both competitive players and public newbies simultaneously (actually it hardly satisfies either of them).

Archers are niche in skirmish based games anyways in siege you see the lot of them but skirmish asks a different kind of skill lvl from archers a more open 1 v 1 archer enviorment not everyone can deal with. Which the people that play archers (bar a few) can't live up to the standards of what people need for skirmish.

I'm one of the few archers that openly challenge cavalry to come charge at me I have done so since warband but the skill involved in taking those shots is immense and not for everyone. And I still get my ass kicked 50% of the time by cav because I miss a skill shot. But for archers that don't know how to do this neither have time and patience will lose out on a cav v archer engagement.

Cav is the bane of archers existance go to every other game which involves archers and cav and see the archers always lose that engagement. Not being able to hear them like we could in warband also takes time to adept. Outside of competitive play you will rarely see them because of the high standards as an archer you need for a skirmish

Cav is the bane of archers existance go to every other game which involves archers and cav and see the archers always lose that engagement. Not being able to hear them like we could in warband also takes time to adept. Outside of competitive play you will rarely see them because of the high standards as an archer you need for a skirmish
It is the opposite most of the time in bl. Archer will win versus cavalry most of the time. In 1 on 1 situations at least (assuming the archer knows you are coming)

Back
Top Bottom