Not all memory usable, win7

Users who are viewing this thread

Roight, so I impulse bought 8gb more of DDR3 on top of my already existing 8gb DDR3, in an attempt to get Bonerlard to work acceptably. Problem is, my computer's not using half of the now 16gb of DDR3. When view the system details, it says "Installled RAM: 16gb(8gb usable)."

How do I fix this? I've updated my BIOS. I've gone to MSconfig advanced boot options and ticked the "maximum memory" box, which upon clicking goes to 16gb but will have defaulted to 0 if I check again.

You have Win7 32 bits? :shock:
On a side note, not all motherboards allow any kind of RAM configuration (size and speed), have to check for exact models supported

You have Win7 32 bits? :shock:
On a side note, not all motherboards allow any kind of RAM configuration (size and speed), have to check for exact models supported

Nah, 64bit home basic. 32bit only supports 3gb IIRC? Windows 7 home basic only 8 for some reason. Go figure. Fortunately Microsoft used to have a campaign where you could update to win10 for free. The campaign ended, but the update file is still available on their site. So now I have win10 and and all 16gb memory in use.

Nah, 64bit home basic. 32bit only supports 3gb IIRC? Windows 7 home basic only 8 for some reason. Go figure. Fortunately Microsoft used to have a campaign where you could update to win10 for free. The campaign ended, but the update file is still available on their site. So now I have win10 and and all 16gb memory in use.
I was gonna say, why not just move to Win10 now that 7 is off life support.

If only Bannerlord supported Linux ;_;

Back
Top Bottom