Not a Cutscene, but an in - game scene !

Users who are viewing this thread

This is someone else's idea, from the other week, but I can't find it now, and so many great suggestions get lost in the noise ; this one deserves more exposure .......

If we can have any mundane scene in a keep, or a town, or a tavern, talking ( dialogue ) to NPCs first person, then why not have a " special event " wedding etc scene that we are actually in, just the same?

Much more, a quantum leap more, immersive and stylish, and state of the art, than the generic anime- movie- style " short " we recently have been given, which feels a bit like a cheap and too - easy 2D shortcut harking back to old Warband and Total War days.

Thank you TW for continually improving your WIP EA game for us, but any recent faint praise ( 1.8 ) is, really, quite damning .......
And while there is so much to fix and build in Bannerlord, I would wish to see, on the RPG - side of things, this sort of attention to detail in a lovingly - crafted ( or, at the least, professionally - crafted ) 2023 - release game.

The more support for RPG ideas here hopefully the more TW will be inspired and work harder to develop a fully rounded - out, iconic, Bannerlord .......

Last edited:
I did not play 1.8.0 so I did not see the cutscenes in game but I am assuming, for example, wedding cutscene starts to play as soon as you got yourself a bride or a groom and scene starts to play in the campaign map. This is the case isn't it? Because there is no feasts in the game.

If this is the case, this is another dumping down example.

In-game scripted scenes would be welcomed. Like drunkards and servants in bars (wanna fight/wanna drink?), having a lord/lady ask to play a game, having someone within a town needing a radiant quest fulfilled, etc.

Ingame cutscenes are very difficult to make well. I highly doubt they could make something look half as good as the 2d cutscenes using ingame animation and assets. There's a reason most games don't even attempt to do that.
Thanks.

I'm thinking of something similar to ( but even simpler than ) the current keep and tavern scenes, a few NPCs in a setting. TW could even get away with just two variations - a " sacred grove " for a Khuzait, Sturgian, Battanian spouse, and a " temple " for a Vlandian, Empire, Aserai spouse.

Your spouse could be standing in front of the " elder ", you could walk up and enter some simple dialogue with them. The NPCs present could be the family of the spouse, and your " clan ", maybe add a few randoms as extras.

Even, at the very least, hold the wedding in the keep of your spouse's family ( simple, just use existing assets ).

But really, just like a tavern or a keep scene. Or a ..... feast ....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom