Resolved Northern Visored Cap male mesh looks buggy on men

Users who are viewing this thread

Summary: A helmet named Northern Visored Cap looks kinda buggy on male characters. Like if it's tied very tightly under character's jaw ignoring his chin and any sense of comfort or practical use.It also slightly clips though back of the neck. At first I thought it's just poor modelling but then I tried it on a female - and it looks tatally normal.
How to Reproduce: Put it on any male character
Quest/Settlement Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version: e1.2.0
Installed community-made modifications: none
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT750M
CPU: Mobile QuadCore Intel Core i7-4700HQ, 3200 MHz (32 x 100)
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Motherboard: Asus N550JV Series Notebook
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD

Last edited:
The issue is still actual in 1.4.1
AjIQXj5.jpg
QcTMxX9.jpg
One of the best looking helmets is forced to be misused on female warriors' pretty heads when it could be emphasizing mens' brutality.
Or maybe it does so by showing beard? But if my beard would get stuck in the mail like that, I'd have to rip it off before taking off the helmet!
Jokes aside, that badass warrior from the title screen seems to be wearing this particular helmet. But when you try it on any male character - you get
SHAMEFURDISPRAY.jpg
Please devs, do something about it?

You're being ignored. I've noticed the issue with this helmet too. Just replace the mesh in spitems, take from another similar helmet.
Thanks for your tip, comrade)
I've tried that just now but that replaces the model completely. I was hoping it would somehow replace the geometry while keeping the original textures. And the only reason I'm concerned about this helmet is it's awesome look - it's stats are rather mediocre.
But I did find that it misses "beard_cover_type" attribute, so I managed to solve the beard clip-through problem, but it still looks like a stretched poop.

Thanks for your tip, comrade)
I've tried that just now but that replaces the model completely. I was hoping it would somehow replace the geometry while keeping the original textures. And the only reason I'm concerned about this helmet is it's awesome look - it's stats are rather mediocre.
But I did find that it misses "beard_cover_type" attribute, so I managed to solve the beard clip-through problem, but it still looks like a stretched poop.

I just gave it the sturgia_helmet_e mesh and made the stats in line with goggled_helmet_over_full_mail. As you say, it still looks like a stretched poop. I still find lendman_helmet_over_full_mail the best looking Sturgian full helm.

I just gave it the sturgia_helmet_e mesh and made the stats in line with goggled_helmet_over_full_mail. As you say, it still looks like a stretched poop. I still find lendman_helmet_over_full_mail the best looking Sturgian full helm.
Oh yea, those 3 are definetely the coolest. A shame they're nowhere to be found in vanilla. But there's a mod that adds top tier armor shops to town keeps including these helmets for a reasonably high price.

Oh yea, those 3 are definetely the coolest. A shame they're nowhere to be found in vanilla. But there's a mod that adds top tier armor shops to town keeps including these helmets for a reasonably high price.

I got some help and found it under artisans in SandBox/spworkshops.

I have no idea what the original value was anymore but I increased the conversion_speed to 1 for heavy and ultra armor. That along with reducing armor prices in spitems seemed to help.

Hey, i would like to inform you that our team have fixed this issue and the fix should be implemented. Please let us know if you encounter any other issues.

Back
Top Bottom