MP Musket Era North & South: Persistent Warfare

Users who are viewing this thread

4701824.png

4701820.png
North & South: Persistant Warfare (PCW) is an upcoming Modification for Warband that takes place during the early 1860's
The Mod is being developed by Arthur_Pendragon(me) & Mophead. We are focusing on Authentic Clothing, Textures ,and sound effects.
We want The Mod to be realistic but Not to the extent of you having to stand still for 30 seconds reloading a musket.
4701837.png
[*]Note: This are all features currently Implemented. We would like YOU to help us develop the Mod by leaving feedback and ideas!
[*]Shotguns with Bullet spread and distance damage formula
[*]Headshots from certain guns can Decapitate the The victim
[*]Shooting things will generate particles Effect. Like in Napoleonic Wars
[*]Lots of Enterable Buildings and scene Props that can be interacted with 
[*]Moving Train that will connect Towns
[*]Faction Tax: Faction leaders will receive Gold based on Population from each of their territories
[*]Population will be a variable affected by things such as: Amount of food in Faction chest, How long you have been at war, How many times faction leader is killed
[*]Improved Animations
[*]New Administrative Flow: We wanna eliminate OOC occurrences. Our new System for handling issues will make sure you stay immersed into the game and in character
[*]Lots of New items relevant to the time Period a long with new Wildlife and Mounts
[*]Dynamite!
4701863.png
4701864.png
Me After shooting my shotgun! you can see all the bullets hitting the ground
4144763CACD8F551AF803EA2415D2BF5B2278EF1
Two Outlaws and a random soldier!
EC9EE9E3112B6D44E080BC4F3141A715E4201ED0

4701866.png
North & South Hinkel84: Resources
Vornne: PW Module System
Comrade Crimson: Sound Effects

Interesting concept - one that has been attempted before, surely, in genre, but not themeatically.

It looks like you've already got a lot of the resources that you need to get this project off its planning phase - that's important. Most mods barely make it past that.

Good luck with your project. This could be very good if done properly.

CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS AND HOGTYING YES OUTLAWS  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:  Gonna be fun I've played one of their mods before was fun and well done can't wait to see this one finished

Windbusche said:
Interesting concept - one that has been attempted before, surely, in genre, but not themeatically.

It looks like you've already got a lot of the resources that you need to get this project off its planning phase - that's important. Most mods barely make it past that.

Good luck with your project. This could be very good if done properly.
Thank you for your honesty, we  are doing everything in our power to make sure the combat is realistic and fun. We believe we have achieved this Pretty well.
We will Host public testing sometime this Month and we will hopefully get some good feedback so we can improve and polish the mod.

Kenny1 said:
CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS AND HOGTYING YES OUTLAWS  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:  Gonna be fun I've played one of their mods before was fun and well done can't wait to see this one finished

Trains will be added connecting Towns together. Hogtying is something we are definitely looking into perhaps so that law enforcement can put away any trouble makers :smile:

_Jacob99 said:
Looking good, what do we think the release date of this is or at least a close stage to a playable state?
Release we are hoping sometime near the end of this Month for a playable Version, Full release early next Month.
The above can change at any time because we want to make sure we deliver a Finished Product that is polished and 100% completed
With that being said we will begin public testing very soon. In the Next two weeks we will be Hosting and Showcasing some of our features on a public test server!

PF had a similar concept to this, but it was more in the colonial times I.E 1600s-1700s what makes you think this won't almost die like PF does? (Please correct if PF is still thriving). PF has its ups & downs however it usually never breaks 20+ players on most occasions from what I see.

Altis said:
PF had a similar concept to this, but it was more in the colonial times I.E 1600s-1700s what makes you think this won't almost die like PF does? (Please correct if PF is still thriving). PF has its ups & downs however it usually never breaks 20+ players on most occasions from what I see.
PF is a great mod, with that being said.
We are Focusing on all aspects of Game play everything is being balanced out.
[*]Realism & Fun hard to implement both but we feel like we found the sweet spot.
[*]Time Periods is a big key. The new weapon mechanics will keep warfare fresh and entertaining to watch and take part in.
I cant promise that everyone will like The Mod but we have a vision of what we want as an End Product and we strongly believe that The majority of people will enjoy it as much as we do.

There are simply a huge variety of activities you will be able to partake in. lets just say you will never play the Mod and not have something new to do.

Hmm, looks good although I'm worried, the concept seems very similar to persistent frontier, I've also seen amazing mods die because people prefer the nostalgic PW, that being said it doesn't mean it will fail, but there's an extremely high chance it will. The PW community aren't particularly smart and don't seem to look at the better mods. Persistent age was a great example of an Improved PW yet failed for no reason. I will wish you luck on your project and I will be checking it out.

Altis said:

trot888 said:
Hmm, looks good although I'm worried, the concept seems very similar to persistent frontier, I've also seen amazing mods die because people prefer the nostalgic PW, that being said it doesn't mean it will fail, but there's an extremely high chance it will. The PW community aren't particularly smart and don't seem to look at the better mods. Persistent age was a great example of an Improved PW yet failed for no reason. I will wish you luck on your project and I will be checking it out.

I'll be blunt.

They are entirely different games. The former used Crossbow mechanics, we are using actual native musket mechanics. The former had ludicrous accuracy for weapons, our guns are accurate, and you can reload while moving. The former gave advantage to melee, we give the advantage to firearms (given that their is some distance between players). The former felt like a reskin of a tried formula, our game feels like an authentic civil war experience with dozens of new mechanics (view website for full feature list). The former has long reload times, our reload times are reminiscent of Fire & Sword. We integrated a new crafting mechanic, faction territory mechanic, Send player to Sheriff station mechanic (sends players to the sheriff faction headquarters where they are sentenced by the faction members). Sheriff faction members with keys to jail cell(s) drop jail keys upon death. These are vague descriptions of features that are nearly done and pending release. Our goal is to create the best role play experience for this era. Ever play North & South? The gameplay feels very similar to that even though that awesome game is based off of NW.

That's the honest truth, and hopefully by the end of our UAT you agree with the aforementioned.

Mophead said:
Altis said:

I'll be blunt.

They are entirely different games. The former used Crossbow mechanics, we are using actual native musket mechanics. The former had ludicrous accuracy for weapons, our guns are accurate, and you can reload while moving. The former gave advantage to melee, we give the advantage to firearms (given that their is some distance between players). The former felt like a reskin of a tried formula, our game feels like an authentic civil war experience with dozens of new mechanics (view website for full feature list). The former has long reload times, our reload times are reminiscent of Fire & Sword. We integrated a new crafting mechanic, faction territory mechanic, Send player to Sheriff station mechanic (sends players to the sheriff faction headquarters where they are sentenced by the faction members). Sheriff faction members with keys to jail cell(s) drop jail keys upon death. These are vague descriptions of features that are nearly done and pending release. Our goal is to create the best role play experience for this era. Ever play North & South? The gameplay feels very similar to that even though that awesome game is based off of NW.

That's the honest truth, and hopefully by the end of our UAT you agree with the aforementioned.
Mophead said:
Altis said:

I'll be blunt.

They are entirely different games. The former used Crossbow mechanics, we are using actual native musket mechanics. The former had ludicrous accuracy for weapons, our guns are accurate, and you can reload while moving. The former gave advantage to melee, we give the advantage to firearms (given that their is some distance between players). The former felt like a tried formula, our game feels like an authentic civil war game with dozens of new mechanics (view website for full feature list). Ever play North & South? The gameplay feels very similar to that even though that awesome game is based off of NW.

I Would also like to Add Even though we are using The PW Module system this does not mean it will be like Persistent World.
We could of used Natives Module system or even NW module system for that matter. The reason we settled on PW is because it's basically a stripped down Native MS that only has Multiplayer Templates and scripts. By doing this we saved a lot of time and work. Now this does not mean that this Mod will be anything
Like Persistent world in fact a lot of PW features have been abandoned and new gameplay mechanics have taken their place.
This is not simply a PW Reskin as for the PF comparison I don't believe this and PF share much besides both of them having Firearms. I believe that when you Test the Mod you will see what we mean. I appreciate your input and any suggestions you or anyone else has will be taken into serious consideration. We want to create a fun sandbox experience for this Time period. I believe we are well on our way to seeing it done.

Hey Athur, thank you for taking my words for an account :wink:, you made it fancy and I am happy :grin:

Good luck with the mod :smile:

To add to the PF part, the use of the muskets are based on the crossbow mechanism, where accuracy is set to max when you fire upon the weapon. I am excited to see how it gonna look like with a real musket mechanism.

Also Persistent Frontier will be different compared to this, as this is 1800 - 1900, where PF takes place in 1700 - 1800, Difference will be the history, factions, muskets are more advanced, ships as well are more advanced. And of course all the new features you put in is gonna make the mod look fare more greater. :razz:

But watch out, don't put to much in else there will be to much to think of when you take gameplay in perspective. Make it good, simple, and fun to play. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom