North & South: First Manassas [OPEN ALPHA RELEASED]

Users who are viewing this thread

will there be any good urban maps ? like the town of Fredericksburg or the town of Gettysburg?

Vicnaire said:
will there be any good urban maps ? like the town of Fredericksburg or the town of Gettysburg?

hell, I dont know. We need more props and I hope this mod will get out some good mappers, who are willing to do good maps.
But there will be 2-3 secession maps (two of mine) in the first release + the NW vanilla ones.

Something tells me that Frederickson has been watching a certain "Gettysburg" by one Ridley Scott. I shall refer to you as LtCol. Rufus Dawes from now, Freddy. Reference.

Gwyrdh said:
Something tells me that Frederickson has been watching a certain "Gettysburg" by one Ridley Scott. I shall refer to you as LtCol. Rufus Dawes from now, Freddy. Reference.

He did yes. And that Gettysburg is quite unhistorical and the uniforms in that documentary has nothing to do with real uniforms :grin:

[-VICTRIX-]Lastman said:
do you know how much time you need for give us a relase date?  :grin:
i can't wait!

We have to wait for the final source code, sorry.

Frederickson said:
model7u.jpg

Suggestion (if you havent already)

hardee-hat-400x332.jpg

Hardee.jpg

The plume (the feather or what ever the hell it is) i am hoping you include that

also i suggest (if you can) you make two models of the hardee hat (the fold on opposite sides) and randomize if you get it folded on the left or right.

Most of those plumes were gone within the first six months. In fact most of the brass was off the Iron Brigade regiments by 1864, the Hardee hats were then folded down.

This figure is almost dead on accurate for what you would see by 1863
http://www.eons.com/photos/group/true-american-civil-war-buffs/photo/155946?context=browse_album_createdat_237988

The Austrian Riflemen hats are sort of the same, wouldn't just tweaking the model work? or you going to make your own asset of it?

SeanBeansShako said:
The Austrian Riflemen hats are sort of the same, wouldn't just tweaking the model work? or you going to make your own asset of it?

Naaa, we have 2 self made Hardee hats.. so there is no need for tweaking the models :smile:
I will upload a picture later!

The civil war was also fought on the sea. Some of you might not know secession, but secession offers some ship maps.. which get reworked in North&South. So you might be able to fight some nice battles on warships or even make beach assaults against forts with naval bombartment! :smile:

mb1.jpg

mb2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom