North American Nations Cup Team

Users who are viewing this thread

Orion said:
Dirty_Walter said:
In my opinion, a more well rounded (and I do dare say, more talented) team would have arisen from a bracket style tournament or something of the sort.

:roll:

Let's just load it with more nK I suppose.

I wasn't picking favorites on purpose. I used my time in the competitive community to not just whoop some ass but to keep track of who was actually competition. So I grabbed as many of those people who would come, and then it was first come, first served. Overall, I'm pleased with the team. Everybody has somebody to vouch for them or some quality I know of that makes them valuable to the team as a whole. However, I knew this discussion would come up, so I didn't overload the roster with people from a specific clan. nK is the most represented, but that's also proportional to the talent spread in the American clans. All the really serious talent is mostly concentrated in nK and BkS, and BkS didn't want to play for reasons of their own.

Exactly.  Known people, people with good attitudes, (except for Scipio, I don't know why on earth you picked him D:smile: and people who were in the early beta.  Also, the HOBOKNIGHTS are the most represented I think...  We make up like half of the team.  :lol:

It'll take more than just duel skills to win. The biggest hurdle to competing strongly is to learn to play together and trust in each other's abilities, to know when and what type of move your friends will make when you try to take down a target together.

I do believe at the end of the day player skill (in any role) will push a team over the edge, for example if your archers get into a good position tactically and can't close the deal by hitting targets it won't do you any good to have them there. And a guy who can swat a fly at 100 yards is going to be more valuable than a guy who can do it at 50.

I don't know how you'd do a tourny to determine much of anything, as this community is pretty small and anybody who's played battle for any length of time (like orion ) should have a pretty good file in their head of the players that have performed well constantly throughout the last year/months or so that warband has had a mulitplayer community.

Anyway, hope you guys represent well and that you can get some good games going. Wish we could get some play by play recaps of the matches as they happen :smile:

Glad to see some nK in the USA Team along with Hoboknights. I honestly don't think you can get a better team then that. I also hope Akmar does the Tactics for team USA. His tactics won us the Mutilation May Tourney. You have a solid all rounded team. You have the best inf, archers, and cav. I think we will get to the top finals with this team.

Good luck guys and lets get the Gold!

Styo said:
Glad to see some nK in the North American Team along with Hoboknights. I honestly don't think you can get a better team then that. I also hope Akmar does the Tactics for team North America. His tactics won us the Mutilation May Tourney. You have a solid all rounded team. You have the best inf, archers, and cav. I think we will get to the top finals with this team.

fix'd

Zues said:
Styo said:
Glad to see some nK in the USA team and all others countries who think we don't own them. Team along with Hoboknights. I honestly don't think you can get a better team then that. I also hope Akmar does the Tactics for team USA and it's protectorates. His tactics won us the Mutilation May Tourney. You have a solid all rounded team. You have the best inf, archers, and cav. I think we will get to the top finals with this team.

fix'd

fix'd

Reapy said:
It'll take more than just duel skills to win. The biggest hurdle to competing strongly is to learn to play together and trust in each other's abilities, to know when and what type of move your friends will make when you try to take down a target together.
Trust me. In fact, it's likely that in a dual I'd get beaten, because since I've been back I haven't polished my dueling skills much. Whereas on the other hand, I'm even better at battle than I've been in a while.
I don't know how you'd do a tourny to determine much of anything, as this community is pretty small and anybody who's played battle for any length of time (like orion ) should have a pretty good file in their head of the players that have performed well constantly throughout the last year/months or so that warband has had a mulitplayer community.
C'ept that I've been away for quite along time, and he may have forgotten.  :razz:

However, I was mostly joking. The team is one of the best you'll get, and will kick major butt. And, while I wasn't considered due to being in absentia, I'll be happy to stand in for a replacement at any time if needed.

I get no respect. *grumbles*

Llew, it's been ages since we went head-to-head!  However, I'm not giving up my spot on the team.  :razz:

Seeing this makes me wish I played more could claim a spot in this most prestigious of teams.
However, I will cheer you on vigorously and improve my skill for a chance at the next one!

CtrlAltDe1337 said:
Oh and Orion, that is an epic avatar.

Indeed.

ejnomad07 said:
Zues said:
Styo said:
Glad to see some nK in the USA team and all others countries who think we don't own them. Team along with Hoboknights. I honestly don't think you can get a better team then that. I also hope Akmar does the Tactics for team USA and it's protectorates. His tactics won us the Mutilation May Tourney. You have a solid all rounded team. You have the best inf, archers, and cav. I think we will get to the top finals with this team.

fix'd

I'm a *****

fix'd (just joking)

:grin:

Also, give yo all xfire so we can communicate and stuff, mine is mt13

Orion said:
:roll:

Let's just load it with more nK I suppose.

I wasn't picking favorites on purpose. I used my time in the competitive community to not just whoop some ass but to keep track of who was actually competition. So I grabbed as many of those people who would come, and then it was first come, first served. Overall, I'm pleased with the team. Everybody has somebody to vouch for them or some quality I know of that makes them valuable to the team as a whole. However, I knew this discussion would come up, so I didn't overload the roster with people from a specific clan. nK is the most represented, but that's also proportional to the talent spread in the American clans. All the really serious talent is mostly concentrated in nK and BkS, and BkS didn't want to play for reasons of their own.

I understand how the team was filled out, and I can respect that. 
I'm sure you see my point, as you had already anticipated this discussion.

I don't mean to be come off as accusatory or anything. I completely understand it was done in the most feasible way apparent, I just felt like it had to be said.  I'm sure you understand.

Marin Peace Bringer said:
So you are the teams meet shield? :cool:
You've obviously never met me. I'm the meat shield, the tank, the nuker, the sniper and the knight, all rolled into one.

In fact, it's a wonder the servers don't crash when I log on.

disapointing roster

there are way better skilled players out there who dont wear tags.

who ever chose leader should have chosen someone not in a clan

Back
Top Bottom