North American Nations Cup Team

Users who are viewing this thread

Oh, it would seem you made a mistake Marnid. Just a little spelling error, you see, you wrote "McBeverage" and that is simply not how you spell my name.  :razz:

BRING THOSE T-SHIRTS HOME LADS!

CrimsonShroud said:
Good luck!  Are you having to fight every match on European servers?  If so, that is a major advantage to the European teams.  The best I ever ping over there seems to be in the low 100s.  It would be sporting if each team alternated picking the server for each of their matches.
I'm sure it will be half US servers half EU.  Unless Arch3r can conjure up Atlantis for us and place new internet cables across the Atlantic.

There should have been a tournament or something to decide the teams.  Otherwise, it is just a very clan-heavy collection of people who happen to have been 'picked'. 

:lol:

No it's not.  Marnid chose the best players. 

How are we supposed to know that "Dirty_Walter" not much involved in the community, which is obvious by the recruit rank and the fact that no one has ever heard of you, can be reliable?  Or even good? 

Marnid stated clearly that he chose the people who were active in the thread, and it turned out to be the right amount. 

To be fair, I wasn't talking about myself, though I've been playing Mount & Blade for several years now.

That said, what does being active in the forums/being in a random clan/playing on the right servers have to do with being good at playing the game?  I don't dispute that the listed individuals are excellent players.  My point was that it seems silly to proclaim that a particular competition features the best of the best when the competitors were are only the select individuals that the 'team captain' happened to deem worthy. 

In my opinion, a more well rounded (and I do dare say, more talented) team would have arisen from a bracket style tournament or something of the sort.  Nonetheless, I wish the team good luck and I'll be looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

Because this is a forum based event.  Only active reliable people are chosen.  If they don't frequent the forums, how can they be reliably communicated with?

I'd like to be nominated so that I can team kill you all so the Brits win. Do we have an acord?

I do find it amusing, I came into this thread expecting a load of "America **** yeah" stuff and it was here. I went into the British one expecting a load of well..."tea" lol and both assumptions were spot on :razz:.

At least you lot have got an enthusiastic team. It appears Britian's team are only enthusiastic on the forums.

Also you don't have reapy or neih? Are they australian?

:EDIT:

Dirt_walters pic slightly scares me some what.

The US team is composed (mostly) of players who are not only good but have been high-profile in the community since the beta.  It's quite representative, in my opinion.

Firstly, "North America" in the title should be more accurately called "North America minus Mexico, all of Central America, and the Caribbean islands that are part of North America," and secondly, where the hell does Canada get off sharing a border with countries far superior to it?  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom