Need More Info North American Captain and Skirmish Servers Queuing and Matchmaking BROKEN since e1.7.2 update

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.7.2
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
I miss my favorite game and would love to know if anything is being done to fix the server/multiplayer issue. Is there anything being done?

I miss my favorite game and would love to know if anything is being done to fix the server/multiplayer issue. Is there anything being done?
It appears nothing's being done. Since next beta patch has no multiplayer chnages or fixes and the devs have been chill with MP being broken for over a month, i suspect they are either going to wait to fix MP until SP is complete, or they are going to shut down MP soon and make it a SP only game.

Nothing is "broken" as much as multiplayer was killed. Looking for bugs or server issues is not going to help. The issue is the small player base + custom servers + ranked queues. Not a big enough player base to support what they want to do with this game.

The system first tries to match 6v6 but if not enough players are available it should be matching 3v3 to start the server for warmup. Are you still experiencing this issue after today?

The system first tries to match 6v6 but if not enough players are available it should be matching 3v3 to start the server for warmup. Are you still experiencing this issue after today?
As a daily NA captain player our 6v6 captain matchmaking was defunct since 1.7.2 patch and large amounts of players aren't playing because they can't get matches, causing even less people available for matches. My assessment coming from playing a magnitude prior and maybe 20 games after the patch (Only on EU, NA servers wouldn't work) is that the ranked code is too strict. Pairing that circumstance with players leaving for long queue times and eventually queue won't have the requirements to launch matches. NA captains niche players have lost their hangout spots within the game, for me to play my preferred mode I have to play on a foreign custom server that constantly crashes, and when we reached out try to start our own we were told it was closed testing. @MArdA TaleWorlds I'm not sure what your tools tell you on the status of queue working but my steam group of dedicated NA captains players has been working to try to find solutions and regular queuing into matchmaking is not resulting in games. We have not found a good solution.

MArdA, If you want new data on matchmaking you probably need to do an official announcement that you have"fixed" it because no one would bother queing at this point. Wondering to yourself quietly on a forum post if it is working is not going to get people to try again. I only play DR4v4 servers because I have small widows of play time and a 30+min que is not how in spending my sessions. If the matchmaking was fixed id be back in the que tonight. But judging by this thread you guys think it's working well...

MArdA, If you want new data on matchmaking you probably need to do an official announcement that you have"fixed" it because no one would bother queing at this point. Wondering to yourself quietly on a forum post if it is working is not going to get people to try again. I only play DR4v4 servers because I have small widows of play time and a 30+min que is not how in spending my sessions. If the matchmaking was fixed id be back in the que tonight. But judging by this thread you guys think it's working well...
EU servers are working for captain, but NA servers are not. There are considerably less players in NA and thus a matchmaking system that works for EU may not work for NA, this data may be conflicting with your tools bug finders. We would love to connect and tell you what we've tried in our community, but most of us feel like our pleas are falling on death ears. Even if 6 of our community members reach out and queue simultaneously, we are unable to get a match to start, I highly suspect the ranked matchmaking is causing this.

Captain mode matchmaking seizes to exist since 1.7.2 I get asked daily by different captain players the same question "have they fixed it yet?" The ranked system and the leash were both bad implements for captain mode and now the playerbase must have hit a peak all time low for the mode.

I queued for a few hours yesterday along with some others and didn't get any games.
I read every message in our 150+ NA Captain group chat and literally NO ONE has played a Captain game on NAE/NAW in at least a month.

Last edited:
Pre 1.7.2 you could find a game anytime of day on eu captain. Now nobody can find a game since the new ranked system.... Surely TW have logs of how many games are being played per day? Maybe it's time to wake up and realise that the ranked system was an awful idea with such a small playerbase and revert to the old matchmaking system??

Also remove the leash it makes the mode so much more boring... There isn't a leash on the singleplayer mode so why is it essential for captain?

It's my understanding that the leash was put into captain mode to address an issue with a particular playstyle that was considered to be against the spirit of the game mode. People were ordering their units to sit in a corner and then running off to fight solo, effectively turning their troops into nothing more than extra lives.

Orion, Thank you for your response.

I personally dont view the leash as a game breaking aspect of the update. It is the ranked match making that I believe killed your North American Playerbase. That said I think MMR is awesome! But I think your player base isn't large enough to effectively implement MMR sadly, as much as I would love to have a larger player base its just too small for it and the fact that this update hasn't been addressed as an issue has crippled your american playerbase even further.

Your game is beautiful with awesome mechanics and hours of entertainment value even with the addition of the 'leash'. Its too bad that its been crippled like this via match making rating and left for dead for your players outside of EU. Now i'm not sure if its just cause EU has a larger player base that people are able to get games there despite the update but it doesnt feel good knowing its been several months and things are still broken on the home server for at least 200 players and thats only the 'regular' community.

Dev_34 was able to contact someone who made a couple servers for us that are 'captain' style on the custom server list. For this the player base is grateful. I don't think i'm exagerating when i say a lot of your core members from NA are pretty upset nothing has change with the state of NA captains games.I've seen several of them leave bad reviews (and most of these bad reviews are from 1000+ hour game play accounts) on steam. I know I personally will have a hard time buying another title from your studio now. where as before I would have considered buying every single new game.

Its really too bad that this hasn't been dealt with.
I don't mean to be out of pocket or rude here I just really wish something could have changed in this situation.

Loop

to the dismay of your player base this issue has never been resolved. there has been a custom server which some have accessed and have enjoyed however your primary modes are still inaccessible. Have you forsaken players?

Back
Top Bottom