Nords

Users who are viewing this thread

Count Delinard said:
Lord Milky said:
'Nords are inferior', did I really say that? hah! What I meant was,  I love Nords! :party:..with their scented forest smell. Lovely creatures!
Don't Ban me Master!  It was Count Delinard. Yes, it was the Count. I'm just a mere Knight. :ohdear:

Traitor, down from your horse, now.. You no longer belong with the hammer, Back to the Anvil with the rabble.
What's this?  Dissension in the ranks?  Why am I not surprised?  Rank is a word I frequently associate with Swadia.  :razz:

Lord Brutus said:
Count Delinard said:
Lord Milky said:
'Nords are inferior', did I really say that? hah! What I meant was,  I love Nords! :party:..with their scented forest smell. Lovely creatures!
Don't Ban me Master!  It was Count Delinard. Yes, it was the Count. I'm just a mere Knight. :ohdear:

Traitor, down from your horse, now.. You no longer belong with the hammer, Back to the Anvil with the rabble.
What's this?  Dissension in the ranks?  Why am I not surprised?  Rank is a word I frequently associate with Swadia.  :razz:
You mean their rank odor.

John C said:
Ehm... Aserai? Wisdom of the Orient? Destruction of the unbelievers? That sort of thing?...Anyone?

The developer blog said they are just jack of all trades. Great if you want to stay loyal, not great if you are a powerhungry leader that use mixed troops.

Make the Empire Great again!  :party:

Everyone else is just a barbarian.

51DhwjM.jpg

Mithril♡Souls said:
dbeaulieu said:
Oh God,

What happened to this thread?

There wasn't much point or substance to this thread to begin with. Best not act surprised.  :lol:

I know man. It wasnt meant to be this way.

Bloodywasher said:
is it just me or... nords because of stats AMIRITE? lol If there's a faction with better combat units they will be my new fav. lol  :mrgreen: :facepalm: :dead:

What do you mean? An army of Swadian Knights and Swadian Sharpshooter literally tramples an army of Nords. Nords are by far not the best faction combat-wise and certainly arent over powered. Nords dont have horses or real spearmen.

dbeaulieu said:
Bloodywasher said:
is it just me or... nords because of stats AMIRITE? lol If there's a faction with better combat units they will be my new fav. lol  :mrgreen: :facepalm: :dead:

What do you mean? An army of Swadian Knights and Swadian Sharpshooter literally tramples an army of Nords. Nords are by far not the best faction combat-wise and certainly arent over powered. Nords dont have horses or real spearmen.

I don't know about you but I've never been trampled by Knights and Sharpshooters while playing Nords. Organised properly, your shieldwall of raving huscarls should be able to withstand the horsey charge and then advance with shields up to kill the weakling crossbowmen :razz:

In fairness, this is mostly just about whatever faction has the player on it is automatically at an advantage.

Cale said:
dbeaulieu said:
Bloodywasher said:

I don't know about you but I've never been trampled by Knights and Sharpshooters while playing Nords. Organised properly, your shieldwall of raving huscarls should be able to withstand the horsey charge and then advance with shields up to kill the weakling crossbowmen :razz:

In fairness, this is mostly just about whatever faction has the player on it is automatically at an advantage.

Except if the player is me. I'm a terrible tactician.

I prefer beeing freelancer and follow order. The sergeant system is a nice addition for me, it allows me to lead some troops, but not be in charge of too many men I can't control.

Most of the time, I just let my troops charge because I prefer to fight than stay on the hill and place my troops as in a rts game

You really cant do proper tactics in M&B though.
Because in the half of the battle enemy spawns more units.

Especially with/against Khergits.

Hopefully, because Bannerlord supports more crowded battlefields
Such thing wont be a case.

KhergitLancer80 said:

I have to say, Khergits are the only faction I hate fighting. Not due to difficulty but due to the fact that you basically have to sit tight and wait for them to use up their arrows and actually get to fighting when you're Nords.

Not ashamed to say that I've done it so often now and been so bored I sometimes just exploit the map edge so they crash into the invisible wall and get stuck.

Cale said:
KhergitLancer80 said:

I have to say, Khergits are the only faction I hate fighting. Not due to difficulty but due to the fact that you basically have to sit tight and wait for them to use up their arrows and actually get to fighting when you're Nords.

Not ashamed to say that I've done it so often now and been so bored I sometimes just exploit the map edge so they crash into the invisible wall and get stuck.

Rubbish! you get your Knights to follow you and ride after them. They can't fight proper mounted warriors. Peasants are disposable and cheaper to field. Send them in first as bait  :shifty:

Lord Milky said:
Cale said:
KhergitLancer80 said:

Rubbish! you get your Knights to follow you and ride after them. They can't fight proper mounted warriors. Peasants are disposable and cheaper to field. Send them in first as bait  :shifty:

You still need to wait they finish their arrow. Knight's horses are too slow to chase them. They won't die but the player will bore to death.

vota dc said:
You still need to wait they finish their arrow. Knight's horses are too slow to chase them. They won't die but the player will bore to death.

Horse archers circle the map. All you do is charge to the place they are about to approach by riding through the centre instead of following behind.Setting archers in a line formation is also a good idea as they can shoot the horses.

Nords however are a different story. perhaps praying to Odin? In Bannerlord it appears that every faction has cavalry, so unless horse archers have a randomised path, I'll end them just as easily.

Lord Milky said:
vota dc said:
You still need to wait they finish their arrow. Knight's horses are too slow to chase them. They won't die but  the player will bore to death.

Horse archers circle the map. All you do is charge to the place they are about to approach by riding through the centre instead of following behind.Setting archers in a line formation is also a good idea as they can shoot the horses.

Nords however are a different story. perhaps praying to Odin? In Bannerlord it appears that every faction has cavalry, so unless horse archers have a randomised path, I'll end them just as easily.

Hopefully, BL’s horse archers won’t be so obliging. Instead of riding into your lines, I hope they’ll turn around and pepper your ambushers with parthian shots.  :grin:

Lord Milky said:
vota dc said:

Yeah I only play Nords, hence the stand and wait approach to start with and then eventually just exploiting the map edge because it's just extremely dull.

Looking forward to changing up my play style and using light cavalry as the Battanians, hoping they are javelin-armed so I can do some of my own move and skirmish riding before closing in.

Back
Top Bottom