Nordous' Sceners Guild

Users who are viewing this thread

I was looking at scenes in mod Rus 13th century and i was wondering when Teutonic Order started to use brick for their castles, it seems its around 1250. Much Teutonic castles remaining now are gothic style and there is no remaining of Romanesque style except ruins. So its how i would imagine the first bricks like you did in your texture, but maybe it is just how i would imagine them with more different teint and dirty. Bricks were used by romans so even if it can look modern it is not at all :grin:

Yes. I think they're good enough to share.
I'm just busy with other work and want to include some new models. So be patient.

Towers and walls - with and without roof. Need to make some stairs and gate.
IdiyX.jpg
_4nS5.jpg
xmSAN.jpg
YlJh8.jpg
QJPMI.jpg
_WLdo.jpg

Adorno said:
Yes. I think they're good enough to share.
I'm just busy with other work and want to include some new models. So be patient.

Towers and walls - with and without roof. Need to make some stairs and gate.
IdiyX.jpg
_4nS5.jpg
xmSAN.jpg
YlJh8.jpg
QJPMI.jpg
_WLdo.jpg
It's like one of them "oddly satisfying  things" videos, very aesthetically pleasing :smile:

Hey guys, this is my map (still in progress) of Bear Island (GoT). I used this picture:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e4/fa/a2/e4faa207b25a7e59d9413b37d8424cb6.jpg

Here are some screens of the map itself (sorry for the bad light, it makes things look darker than they really are):

CAE1A3AF4E3D0DC2FC8DC175F41A3F1A42B82251

0D6C058405C4A9C170380943628341327B39387A

CAE1A3AF4E3D0DC2FC8DC175F41A3F1A42B82251

B58A082B59CD918E4E7BA9DB5A3C913DDD091891

8A8950867C7A57E23B1C8E418FB559860AC3416A

I am not done with it yet, I want to give that other hill (snowy) a cliff wall just like the one of the hill whereupon the fortress rest and then add some small waterfalls pouring out of the crevasses, like in the series. I don't know how to do that though and I am not really sure how I shall proceed with entry points.  I'm a noob scener and I would like to know what you think. Cheers!  :grin:

I like the geography of the scene the lake and the rock hill, great. Not very fan of the viking grand hall put in the middle. The overall walls look good, the tree trunks near entrance are nice. Maybe you should try integrate some kind of dungeon or second wall in the interior of your fortress.

Thanks  :grin:
I tested the scene and sadly it did not work well. Invisible walls coming up out of nowhere even though there should be none, the player suddenly running 10 feet above the ground, the viking hall glitching so you could see through it...any ideas how you fix stuff like that?

Also, my scene editor is not fully visible - I can not see the bottom where you can edit texture painting etc  :meh:

Any 3D modeling software is fine. You just need the models to be obj. format.
You will then need OpenBRF to import them to the game.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,215.0.html

If you have further questions there's the Mod Makers Q&A thread e.g. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,6575.0.html

This thread is for scene making, and not the best place for advice on 3D modeling.

Väktaren av Jämtland said:
Thanks  :grin:
I tested the scene and sadly it did not work well. Invisible walls coming up out of nowhere even though there should be none, the player suddenly running 10 feet above the ground, the viking hall glitching so you could see through it...any ideas how you fix stuff like that?

Also, my scene editor is not fully visible - I can not see the bottom where you can edit texture painting etc  :meh:

I can't say anything about the invisible walls, but if you want to reveal the ground paint options, try to download the AltMove manager. It's a tool that allows you to drag windows everywhere. After installing it, you'll just have to press Alt, grab the overlay and drag it up.

Adorno said:
Looks great. I like the style  :shifty:

You should have finished with an overview of the final scene,
or a normal-speed tour through it. Would have been nice.

Thanks Adorno, those nice new props make the scene look much better eh  :razz:

You are right, I shall keep that in mind for the next one :smile:

Not sure if this is the place but I am looking for help with scenes for my mod I'm working on Salt& Smoke. Its early 18th Century and it can be found here
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,385922.0.html

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom