Nordous' Sceners Guild

Users who are viewing this thread

I see the OP recruitment list hasn't been updated in a long time but I'll post here nonetheless. I'm one of the active developers for Full Invasion 2. Currently there's three of us working on a remastered version of the mod, basically redoing everything from scratch. We've been at it for about a year now and we're starting to finish up several major features now. However, in the process of remaking the mod, we also want to use maps of a higher quality than what was found in earlier versions of the mod, and we're slightly lacking in the scening department.
So we're looking for sceners interested in joining us! We've added a few features to the map editor, such as designated archer spots for bots:
1D0VLkO.jpg
Special waypoints used to separate cavalry from infantry:
MhHlSKb.jpg
And interact-able props for players:
dk4tTIh.jpg
We already have several maps in the mod of the level of quality we want our maps to have that can serve as examples. There's plenty of examples to draw inspiration from, we just lack the talent to do it ourselves!
More info on the mod and our progress with the remastered version can be found on our ModDB page.
If you're interested in joining us or if you have questions, send me a message here, reply to the thread, or add me on Steam, my username is [FI2] Maroon. Thanks!

Looking good Hyper, I especially love the shape of those walls. Smooth curves and right angles?? ****ing delicious. For landscape advice: use 0 hardness when painting the pathways, and maybe even a lower weight. Also, your landscape is either totally flat or with very round and smooth hills, especially the mountain ish thing by the walls. Sink the pathways very lightly to make them feel heavily used, and don't be afraid to rough up the terrain where people are less likely to be walking, especially outside the walls. Even if you just spam some heavy raise/lower and then smooth it out it should give a better look and feel. If you want a terrain shaping master class, look at the Bowman's scenes, especially ahmerrad and his Nord castle overhauls.

(And how the heck are they holding those great long axes one handed? :razz:)

TLD has some alternative scene border meshes. And CWE's are great, but they're mostly desert. In terms of in-scene landscapes, Ruthven said most of it. You could also use earth and steppe ground, and terrain colouring. Rocky ground shows up on very steep slope, but not on top of the hills. But I guess, that's just you 'make a hill here' marker?
I'm not sure, but the shaders on some of your buildings look a bit off to me.

@Maroon
I just saw your LOTR preview article on the site you linked. Please remember to credit me for the Helm's Deep scene you're using.

?️NS Marko said:
Where do you see Nordous though  :lol:
oops  :lol:

HyperCharge said:
Ruthven said:
Looking good Nordous, I especially love the shape of those walls. Smooth curves and right angles?? ****ing delicious.

Ruthven said:
Looking good Nordous

:shock:

What I've meant for landscapes are terrain borders  :razz:;

7yBYgW.png

Can you give me something nicer than these?  :facepalm:
I need to work on reading comprehension it seems.  :razz:

The Polished Landscapes borders would probably better suit those scenes, or just darken the texture a bunch to help match. I think the best thing to do is increase the max render distance in module.ini and make the terrain borders much larger in general.

If you want I can post the code to get the actual game map as terrain borders too, it looks amazing and doesn't completely annihilate performance.

Hmm, I will try something with PL's terrain borders. By the way, I found the 1429 mod that owned by FantasyWarrior has some nice stuff about this. I will ask a permission.

Ruthven said:
I think the best thing to do is increase the max render distance in module.ini and make the terrain borders much larger in general.

Oh wow, I didn't know about that! :shock:

@Maroon
Thank you!

On topic, here's my latest addition to TLD, an orc outpost in the mountains. Still need to implement Ruthven's fantastic new waterfall particles.

mb54.jpg

mb53.jpg

I think a lot of those rocks are scene props so the color paint wouldn't work on them. I was also assuming that the Outpost was a gundabad one, where more normal mountains make sense. But maybe I'm wrong.

You're right. It's an outpost in the Grey Mountain, so not as tainted as Mordor. But I think I will try to make the immediate surroundings of the camp darker, yes.

Looking for potential sceners to assist with scene creation for our monthly Calradic Campaign event. Currently our scenes are mainly being made by one guy, and when he's not available we take contributions. The event began early 2016 and is going strong with consistent 200 players. We're now looking to share the work between multiple sceners to improve workflow and ease pressure on our current scener. Let me know with a reply or private message if you're interested. I'll be making a thread for this as well to gain more traction.

Man! How is hard to think a scene design!? I can't think a scene design! I need some advice on this. Maybe a permission to use a mod's scene design?(not the models, just inspirating what you see while making a scene. Like looking to Isengard picture while you are making it in the game.)

HyperCharge said:
Man! How is hard to think a scene design!? I can't think a scene design! I need some advice on this. Maybe a permission to use a mod's scene design?(not the models, just inspirating what you see while making a scene. Like looking to Isengard picture while you are making it in the game.)
What kind of scene are you looking to make?

Sorry for repost... I had to do not flood.

Ruthven said:
HyperCharge said:
What kind of scene are you looking to make?

A medieval city-castle-village.

The scenes so far I've made in a week.

Gy6pXV.jpg

Dyz8by.jpg

mJOry2.jpg

EyGzdD.jpg

jQ0vOg.jpg

2ELY3O.jpg

ByJRQG.jpg

o6GYWq.jpg

lbJ0Gp.jpg

V3ognR.jpg

nJz56a.jpg

OyY3X5.jpg

Gy6pr7.jpg

yzYAOa.jpg

6yglzW.jpg

WGB6OL.jpg

pGymQL.jpg

kX41Pm.jpg

QpD4GG.jpg

bLqgR0.jpg

5GPozl.jpg

Ay40Pr.jpg

0Gv4Ao.jpg

4G7ZOJ.jpg

JOR7Bj.jpg

How can I solve the blacks at Constantinople?

#edit: fixed a bad grammar at header.

HyperCharge said:
How can I solve the blacks at Constantinople?

Happens when you make a scene bigger (via terrain code) after you've already altered the terrain. You need to reset the terrain (resets all changes to terrain height, ground type and colour you've made).

Back
Top Bottom