Nordous' Sceners Guild

Users who are viewing this thread

A map that I made for my mod.[Its one of OSP maps]

r9Zrb3.jpg
pPB1Lo.jpg
7vMzjN.jpg
qBPLzZ.jpg

Shores are sacrified for seafaring...  :meh:

It looks good aren't the factions all in the wrong spots?

Nords in Scandinavia, Vaegirs in Russia, Khergits in Crimea, etc. (if you are going to keep Native factions anyway)

I really like the way you did Egypt by the way; with the Nile having plains around it but desert everywhere else. The entire map looks visually much better than normal Warband.

cwr said:

Nords in Scandinavia, Vaegirs in Russia, Khergits in Crimea, etc. (if you are going to keep Native factions anyway)

I really like the way you did Egypt by the way; with the Nile having plains around it but desert everywhere else. The entire map looks visually much better than normal Warband.
Thx.  :smile:

I am changing all the factions. Nords are Il-khanates, Vaegirs are French, Khergits are English, Rhodoks are HRE, Swadians are Byzantium and Sarranids are Mamluks. And I added another 45 kingdoms which this makes 51. But 6-11 of them wont be exist in game start. They will be active by time(etc; In 1370, Timurids will replace the Ilkhanate, in 1453, Ottomans will conquer the Constantinople(Istanbul))
This will be provided with a trigger that checks some specific conditions(  The Technology that player researched from reports section ). Its a massive system. :grin:

But, this is valid for only sandbox mode. In story mode, history changes when some (again) specific conditions come true (like which quest did you completed, etc). Story mode ends with Conquer of Constantinople, with Rise of Ottoman. As my signature says.  :shifty:

HyperCharge said:
cwr said:

Thx.  :smile:

I am changing all the factions. Nords are Il-khanates, Vaegirs are French, Khergits are English, Rhodoks are HRE, Swadians are Byzantium and Sarranids are Mamluks. And I added another 45 kingdoms which this makes 51. But 6-11 of them wont be exist in game start. They will be active by time(etc; In 1370, Timurids will replace the Ilkhanate, in 1453, Ottomans will conquer the Constantinople(Istanbul))
This will be provided with a trigger that checks some specific conditions(  The Technology that player researched from reports section ). Its a massive system. :grin:

But, this is valid for only sandbox mode. In story mode, history changes when some (again) specific conditions come true (like which quest did you completed, etc). Story mode ends with Conquer of Constantinople, with Rise of Ottoman. As my signature says.  :shifty:
good luck with that (if you still didn't finish it and it is still work in progress) i really like that era and the ottoman the most !

PS: just a question where and how did you do that the thing with triggers and kingdom changing i have the same idea for a Japanese mod (sengoku jidai period) but can't do it is it a ops code ? if not just the idea and i'll try to do it my own thanks!

and again good job with the map (the Nile part looked good as well for me)

Made this scene a while ago but I finally got a good video showing off the siege of Narra. I think I succeeded in making a pretty interesting and dynamic siege. In a Native siege 99% of the kills are usually within a 3m radius surrounding the ladder. Here you can see there are plenty of large engagements spread all through the town. The video is pretty long, so feel free to just skip through. I tried to get a decent balance of action as well as shots of the scene throughout.

And then after mopping all the enemies throughout the town, you see a small message telling that „You've breached the town walls, but the stubborn defenders continue to resist you in the streets!”

Also, nice FPS. :fruity:

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Did a bit more work on the waterfall particle systems I posted a while back. This time adapted for proper big falls and not just tiny streams. I think it will still get tweaked from here, but it's certainly shaping up.

If anyone wants them:
Code:
	    ("water_fall", psf_billboard_3d|psf_randomize_size|psf_randomize_rotation|psf_always_emit , "prtcl_splash_b",
     75, 2.3, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.1,     #num_particles, life, damping, gravity_strength, turbulance_size, turbulance_strength
     (0.0, 0.6), (1, 0.05),        #alpha keys
     (1.0, 1.0), (1, 1.0),      #red keys
     (1.0, 1.0), (1, 1.0),      #green keys
     (1.0, 1.0), (1, 1.0),      #blue keys
     (0.0, 1.8),   (1.0, 1.2),   #scale keys
     (2.0, 0.1, 0.35),           #emit box size
     (0, 2.4, 0.1),               #emit velocity
     0.1,                       #emit dir randomness
     200,                       #rotation speed
     0.5                        #rotation damping
    ),

("water_fall_2", psf_billboard_2d|psf_always_emit|psf_randomize_size , "prtcl_water_fall",
     50, 3.3, 1.0, 1.0, 0, 0,     #num_particles, life, damping, gravity_strength, turbulance_size, turbulance_strength
     (0.0, 0.4), (1, 0.05),        #alpha keys
     (1.0, 1.0), (1, 1.0),      #red keys
     (1.0, 1.0), (1, 1.0),      #green keys
     (1.0, 1.0), (1, 1.0),      #blue keys
     (0.0, 1.1),   (1.0, 2.3),   #scale keys
     (1.85, 0.1, 0.35),           #emit box size
     (0, 1.0, 0.0),               #emit velocity
     0.0,                       #emit dir randomness
     0,                       #rotation speed
     0.5                        #rotation damping
    ),
Code:
    ("water_fall", 0, "0", "0", [
	(ti_on_init_scene_prop,
		[
		(particle_system_add_new, "psys_water_fall"),
		#(play_sound,"snd_waterfall", 0), 
		(set_position_delta, 0, 120, -100),
		(particle_system_add_new, "psys_water_fall_2"),
		]),
    ]),

You'll also need to add a new mesh for "prtcl_water_fall" which is just the "prtcl_splash_b" mesh scaled 2x and an additional 2.5x along the Y (vertical) axis.

Yo, is there a certain amount of fire props usable before sound issues start? I've decided to make my current map night, and get cool effects with torches, but I fear that I may be limited to the amount of fire props.

And for interior scenes - 3.

Lifehack: how to get a free archer point in sieges, without messing with codes. As you may already know, in siege scenes, you can place archer spawn points by using entry points 40-46(or 47), while 10 and 11 go for infantry. What you may have noticed though is that entry point (11) also spawns ranged units, but there's a catch: they act in a different way. During my tests, I have discovered that they tend to behave like the other defender archers on the map, meaning that entry point 11 acts exactly like 40-46(47) for the archers. Therefore, while your infantry is coded to move to entry point 10, the archers will continue to hold 11. By knowing this, you can do the following thing: place entry point 11 on a spot that you'd normally want to be held by archers, and then place entry point 10 by the ladder defending point, for infantry only. In this way, you'll get archers defending one more point on your fortification.

Maybe there are people who know that for ages, but I hope someone learned something new.

Back
Top Bottom