Nordous' Sceners Guild

Users who are viewing this thread

ElPadrino said:
Because I'm still trying to regulate my shaders  :lol:

Good job with the shaders :smile:
I think the blurry part is the fxaa ?

Latest screens of my battle scenes and troops.

FGoC7.jpg
PFagS.jpg
Zn6gw.jpg
jhJlg.jpg

If I make brand new scenes for singleplayer that aren't villages, towns or whatever, I still have to respect the entry points numbers? (Can I use, for example, entry point 11 in a map that isn't a village? )

Madijeis said:
If I make brand new scenes for singleplayer that aren't villages, towns or whatever, I still have to respect the entry points numbers? (Can I use, for example, entry point 11 in a map that isn't a village? )

entry points are used on the mission setup code (scripts). So if you are creating a new script just for them, you can do whatever you want.

This script, as a example, defines the mission used on conversation (dialogs):
Code:
  #script_setup_troop_meeting:
  # INPUT:
  # param1: troop_id with which meeting will be made.
  # param2: troop_dna (optional)

("setup_troop_meeting",
    [
      (store_script_param_1, ":meeting_troop"),
      (store_script_param_2, ":troop_dna"),
      (call_script, "script_get_meeting_scene"), 
      (assign, ":meeting_scene", reg0),
      (modify_visitors_at_site,":meeting_scene"),
      (reset_visitors),
      (set_visitor,0,"trp_player"),
	  (try_begin),
		(gt, ":troop_dna", -1),
        (set_visitor,17,":meeting_troop",":troop_dna"),
	  (else_try),
        (set_visitor,17,":meeting_troop"),
	  (try_end),	
      (set_jump_mission,"mt_conversation_encounter"),
      (jump_to_scene,":meeting_scene"),
      (change_screen_map_conversation, ":meeting_troop"),
  ]),
Note that player is EP 0, and the partner is EP 17. Now look at the mission template:

Code:
  (
    "conversation_encounter",0,-1,
    "Conversation_encounter",
    [( 0,mtef_visitor_source,af_override_fullhelm,0,1,[]),

(17,mtef_visitor_source,af_override_fullhelm,0,1,[]),
As the script did not override flags (if you should have a helmet, armor, which team you are, etc) the MST definitions are the ones that count.
In this case you + npc won't show the helmet, it will add 1 copy of each, no AI...

gokiller said:
Lovely! Love that landscape.

So here the random castle with town etc. Still not entirely finished. Although I have to admit. I'm not exactly satisfied with it.

E9098CE2A077D6437D5B0D69C821C5F44810D674
79B0520B5F2A90766FE1D27057B8F0266AE42BA7
8886A07B8F314D712DDD661A093D5B5C483E2919
32B9ABFAD3CE329666F37AF870827464A4CD25CD
B8B3CB4A3FB57A09224AD43DDA0EC59CB51CFD58
That's so good looking! I imediatly tought of Darksouls 3 or something of the sort

Once again:
The_Scream.jpg

A single scene might take someone a combined time of 20 hours. Even at minimum wage that's over $100,000 or 5 years of work you're expecting for free. I get that modding is an unpaid hobby but there are...limits. :lol:

Nobody will mind if the scenes are repeated. Even the most well-made mods might only have 5-10 scenes per settlement type. Scening is tedious work.

SenpaiHinds said:
Once again:
The_Scream.jpg

A single scene might take someone a combined time of 20 hours. Even at minimum wage that's over $100,000 or 5 years of work you're expecting for free. I get that modding is an unpaid hobby but there are...limits. :lol:

Nobody will mind if the scenes are repeated. Even the most well-made mods might only have 5-10 scenes per settlement type. Scening is tedious work.

20 hours?  :lol:  I have over 4000 hours into my mod so maybe I shouldn't release it, because you are expecting it for free? Modding is tedious work  :lol:

But seriously I just hate making so many villages the same,but if I can't get help that's what it is. one man can only do so much. I was hoping for different villages for the non human races

SenpaiHinds said:
Once again:
The_Scream.jpg

A new form of slavery!

Lor Dric said:
20 hours?  :lol:  I have over 4000 hours into my mod so maybe i shouldn't release it, because you are expecting it for free? Modding is tedious work  :lol:

That's not what I meant. I'm just pointing out that you won't get many takers by giving 3-digit figures for the number of scenes you expect. Especially since most players won't spend very long in scenes anyway, if at all in the mid-late game. Having a multitude of scenes is not a priority for any modder in my opinion.

It would be different if I told you to spend 4000 hours on a mod of my choosing, but when you're making an original mod it's hopefully something you want to do yourself, regardless of who else is interested. Similarly when people make OSP scenes or OSPs in general it's because they felt like it, not because somebody on a forum asked them to.

SenpaiHinds said:
Lor Dric said:
20 hours?  :lol:  I have over 4000 hours into my mod so maybe i shouldn't release it, because you are expecting it for free? Modding is tedious work  :lol:

That's not what I meant. I'm just pointing out that you won't get many takers by giving 3-digit figures for the number of scenes you expect. Especially since most players won't spend very long in scenes anyway, if at all in the mid-late game. Having a multitude of scenes is not a priority for any modder in my opinion.

It would be different if I told you to spend 4000 hours on a mod of my choosing, but when you're making an original mod it's hopefully something you want to do yourself, regardless of who else is interested. Similarly when people make OSP scenes or OSPs in general it's because they felt like it, not because somebody on a forum asked them to.

My last scener only made about 30 scenes and I was happy I'm not asking anyone to make that many scenes I'm saying I could use that many if someone made 1 or 2 that would be great

how about 1 orc village, 1 dwarf village, 1 short elf village, and 1 tall elf village that sound better?

Back
Top Bottom