Nordous' Sceners Guild

Users who are viewing this thread

Siege barricades (forgot the exact name) can be used as wooden palisade. Or the uglier large arena palisades.
Antonis said:
EDIT: Also, if I edit a castle(not make new one, just add more stuff into a castle scene), should I go into a siege and then edit the scne there or something? Thanks!
No. Castles only have one scene (unlike towns that have a specific scene for sieges).
During a siege the siege ladders or tower is scripted to spawn. So you can edit all you want just don't move walls or other props where the siege equipment spawns.
Using cheatmode you can see where the equipment spawns in the castle scene.

Thanks! I don't plan on major edits, anyway, just repositioning/adding and such. Already added a wooden gate with towers in a village(Azgad), using the wodden towers and a platfrom made by Stepan Dinav for his castle packs, he has tons of useful stuff. I will take some pics when I have some worthwhile to show.  :smile:

gokiller said:
Something new from myself.
0833A7BE211DE418F0E91A524228807E31E6D6DA
C6138A998A1D6E236B40F4903D7F2465F6FC7B73
B6593A99E1CF8AB9848675207D44F34E8F45396A
Nice. For Bellum Imperi?

Isn't there a terrain code editor online somewhere? I need to set my terrain code to have no grass. I remember seeing one but forget where it is.

Figured it out. But, whenever I try to spawn someone in instead of playing spectator mode, the game crashes. Anyone have this problem before where you can use spectator mode but it always crashes on spawning someone in? I haven't edited multiplayer codes at all and I tested the scene in singleplayer and the same thing happened when I spawned myself in by code.

The scene is 800 kb, which is a lot; but Bowman's OSP towns are upwards of 1000 and they still work fine.

Looks nice. The AI barriers confuse me. Shouldn't the green ones be flipped around?
Is it done? Terrain could use some smoothing by the brook (moat?), and have dirt instead of grass texture.
Also, some flora would be nice, like bushes, trees, and stones. There are also no scene props other than buildings, so it looks abandoned  :smile:

Adorno said:
Looks nice. The AI barriers confuse me. Shouldn't the green ones be flipped around?
Is it done? Terrain could use some smoothing by the brook (moat?), and have dirt instead of grass texture.
Also, some flora would be nice, like bushes, trees, and stones. There are also no scene props other than buildings, so it looks abandoned  :smile:
Yeah it's all turf at the moment. Should be regular grass. Only turf by the castle courtyard. I'm thinking of adding a lot of trees in the surroundings and other scene props around but haven't gotten to it.
What I'm puzzled is as how to make the the courtyard "pretty", what scene props to use, or if there are OSP packages with those kind of props. Say creating a rose garden, with a nice fountain and tall hedges?

Shiiieeet. You get to play around with modular sets? Color me jelly.

Also, did you make the timelapse parts by deleting all the objects in the editor and then reversing the footage? Smart trick.

So been doing a bit of scening just for the lolz. (as in it's not meant for any mod)

Making this scene on the 1257 AD mod. It's still a heavy WIP though as you can see.

A5FA8C4EADA2A7AD73C2BC5033E7DE6372FB5D3C
5B0B8A167FFF8B86D871E322E3BEA212FC056AC2
0DD15381D6EEF3E24EC0BACBB3BDAF9719B32E8E

Any suggestions on making some good looking farm fields? Preferably without using wheat or the olive pillar thingies. (Forgot the damn name of it. :facepalm:)

Hey back.

Also, did you make the timelapse parts by deleting all the objects in the editor and then reversing the footage? Smart trick.

Yeap  :twisted:

Code:
Any suggestions on making some good looking farm fields? Preferably without using wheat or the olive pillar thingies. (Forgot the damn name of it. :facepalm:)

I've made few farm fields in my latest map.
There is a screen. Maybe it can give you some ideas how to do them.
7756EA9028934943CC3AF4C62F139FF3B00C3E20

The way I do them is by dividing square sections of the farm plots, then giving them different colors with the ground painter. Looks especially nice from higher ground.

Some tests with new resources, ultra high polys and textures res...
With some trees from Skyrim  :mrgreen:

aEldc.jpg
_dM3j.jpg
SUyqF.jpg
N_PlG.jpg
82-cm.jpg
TYZ8M.jpg

Good performances  :shock:
I try to add shadows for grass, but i'm afraid it's impossible, maybe a DXT5 texture with fake shadows...

Back
Top Bottom