Nordous' Sceners Guild

Users who are viewing this thread

jacobhinds said:
what are the advantages of scene editing through a hosted server? I see a lot of people doing it, just wondered what the reason was.

Two main reasons for me: you don't have to travel through the single player map to the location you need (or even create a new character and skip the initial quest) and it's much easier for me to trace the scene in the module files and scenes.txt since it's quite easy to remember multi_scene_1, 2, 3 etc.

Thus, hosting a map is nothing more than a shortcut for scening.

And I'm proud to present you another scene for the upcoming update of ACoK - Sisterton:

mb29_zpsb4f78e37.jpg

mb34_zps2bd59256.jpg

mb33_zps7ae95ff5.jpg

mb30_zps6b284ba3.jpg

mb35_zpsad4d2cc9.jpg

mb38_zps935abd02.jpg

mb36_zpse8778e99.jpg

mb39_zps47db0f36.jpg

mb41_zps841d2ce6.jpg

mb40_zps6f462135.jpg

That is a gorgeous map. That outer wall is impossibly round!  :smile:

I'm guessing the item kinds are crashing your game because MP might use a script for "pruning" items (to make dropped projectiles/weapons disappear.) Try pausing the game (cheat mode: ctrl+F11) before doing your editing. If you reload the scene with the items in place, they should be ignored by the pruning script...

Of course that's just a theory. If it's happening in single player as well it might just be a problem with a certain item mesh, or something.

You know, there comes a time in life for a mapper when he copies other's idead  :lol: I fear I will be the first tempted to do so with our dear Nordus's map idea!  :lol:
Great work Nordyboy

New modernish bars/taverns for my mod

Every npc in this scene is an actual npc (not just a scene prop), they move, drink, play guitar, dance ect. Still WIP though but I like how they are coming along

EinR9rx.jpg

1ckVg4s.jpg

Adorno said:

Ruthven said:
That is a gorgeous map. That outer wall is impossibly round!  :smile:

I'm guessing the item kinds are crashing your game because MP might use a script for "pruning" items (to make dropped projectiles/weapons disappear.) Try pausing the game (cheat mode: ctrl+F11) before doing your editing. If you reload the scene with the items in place, they should be ignored by the pruning script...

Of course that's just a theory. If it's happening in single player as well it might just be a problem with a certain item mesh, or something.

It helped! :shock: I'm so obliged... Thanks for helping, much less pain in the arse now.

ElPadrino said:

bpopa27 said:
You know, there comes a time in life for a mapper when he copies other's idead  :lol: I fear I will be the first tempted to do so with our dear Nordus's map idea!  :lol:
Great work Nordyboy

hiner said:
That scene is at a whole other level. The bar has been set gentlemen.

von Afton said:
bpopa27 said:
Prettymuch the scene of the year if i may say so! :smile:
So far yes Absolutly!

BRAVO! Nordeus S!
i take the mesh is done to?

The mesh is currently being done. :smile:

Hey guys, sorry for the late answer and thanks a lot for your praises! It's really nice to hear from ya'll and will definitelly drive me doing more scenes. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom