Nordous' Sceners Guild

Users who are viewing this thread

The Bowman said:
What I hate about the editor is that painting a mountain is torture. You have to either paint the desired area with an unique texture then apply the rocky one, or paint it on the original terrain and correct the edges (which I did)

If you're open to using an OSP this is a good one for cliffs:  Rock And Mountain Pack

jacobhinds said:
Recently, when i press the "generate ai mesh" button, the game just creates the edges and not the faces.

Every time I press that button my game crashes  :???:

Nordous said:
Here you go guys. :roll:
mb6_zps1e2da915.jpg

Looking good!

Sherlock Holmes said:
What's your fastest way of making giant wheat farms? I have  to click hundreds of too many times to get one that's fairly dense and large.

In the mod that I scene for thee is a ready prop of a big wheat patch. It makes things much easier but still takes fair amount of time and effort to make big fields.

And the other thing is that I'm not sure how badly does it overload a scene with props.

On your question of the prop encumbrance I am going to quote something said to me by Majin, not sure if it's true or not(Call in the mod-police to confirm).

Every prop uses 4 draw calls. One for the model, 2-3 for texture(my bad here can't remember what). The maximum amount of draw calls in Warband is 3 000, but similar items sync with each other(forests and stuff) which is why a scene using hundreds of unique props is much heavier than generic forests or vegetations using more props. It basically tells the CPU to load this or that to the prop.

Sherlock Holmes said:
On your question of the prop encumbrance I am going to quote something said to me, not sure if it's true or not(Call in the mod-police to confirm).

Every prop uses 4 draw calls. One for the model, 2-3 for texture(my bad here can't remember what). The maximum amount of draw calls in Warband is 3 000, but similar items sync with each other(forests and stuff) which is why a scene using hundreds of unique props is much heavier than generic forests or vegetations using more props. It basically tells the CPU to load this or that to the prop.

Mate... That's just AMAZING to know! Thanks. :grin:

Yeah, that's really helpful. Nice one Sherly!
I've been working on Minas Tirith recently, and I wondered if you experienced guys could give any tips or pointers on how to bring a decaying urban scene to life?

Well Minas Tirith is probably going to be one of the hit scenes of your mod so, as many unique props as possible. I'd make one spacy, wide street(sort of like Italian Via style) going as the heart of the town through all the levels, and then alleys, houses, busy NPCs, merchants, tavern tables, food carts, armouries, granaries closing in on it to make it narrow at certain points(because something's happening in the city). Catapult constructions/placements weapons and guard posts laying all around and such. I didn't do as many urban areas in my time, Bowman will probably have some more ideas, but all I'd do is fill it up with blushing activity and spend as much time making it really FULL as it was a major city and it was busy and blushing with "going ons".

Jarvisimo said:
Yeah, that's really helpful. Nice one Sherly!
I've been working on Minas Tirith recently, and I wondered if you experienced guys could give any tips or pointers on how to bring a decaying urban scene to life?

What do you mean "a decaying urban scene"?

New Wercheg. Still work in progress.

The AI meshes are done outside the town. This time, I have added new economic enterprises, like a hunter's post, a clay pit with a pottery, a bakery and a woodcutter.

Looking very good.

I really  like how big the scene actually is, compared to Native microscenes. Those hills and roads are also very nicely done, rolling naturally just like in reality.

Are those custom sky textures btw, I'd like to have them  :razz:

Thanks. :smile:
Everything you see in the screenshots is purely Native on its own. You can get the sky texture by setting the cloud range to +30 (might be wrong about the value) in the cheat menu.

Here we go.

The same screenshots just got updated by some additional ones which include the inside of the town.
Download.
The school begins tomorrow. When shall the new Tihr see the light of day...I don't know. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom