Nordous' Sceners Guild

Users who are viewing this thread

TLD which is OSP has a few props which could be used for a harbour - I use them in my mod. They have to be rescaled though as they are far too big when you put them into warband if I remember correctly

Nordous said:
A little quote from the Bannerlord blog:

'One delight of Bannerlord's development toolset is the scene editor, which is used for placing all the objects like trees, and houses in a scene, editing the terrain, sky and lighting. It has taken large strides in the new engine and now has all the workings of a professional application with a great degree of control and polish. Not only does this massively improve the efficiency and quality of the scenes that artists can produce but it will be completely available for modders. As something that became a huge part of the previous games, modding is a primary consideration when developing Bannerlord'.

:cool:

http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/3

twdd_02_khuzait_village_brush.jpg

Soo promising :eek: Though I hope it won't be too complicated for little brain sceners (like me for instance)

Dear fellow sceners. I have a (or maybe more) question for all of you about siege ladders:
I was playing around with several ladders for siege scenes. Testing them, it turned out that sometimes it is possible to use two ladders. But with more or if they are too far away from each other, it gets unsatisfying to me.

Some example pictures are here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,214344.msg5408512.html#msg5408512

You all know there is only one entry point for the infantry defenders. So it is possible to place that entry in between two ladders f.e.. But that only works if those ladders are not too far from each other, because otherwise the attackers can easily and almost unchallenged climb the second (or third) ladder. Or they come from the side of the defenders who are queuing in front of the 'main' attacker's ladder. I always find that unfair and kind of stupid (as the AI is kind of stupid in Warband sometimes).

It would be possible of course to place some defence archer entries in front of the other ladders. But that means spoiling ranged troops with weak man to man combat skills. Let's say we don't want to do that.

How are your experiences with that problem - or - did anyone get more than two ladders/towers working in a proper way? I really mean proper, not just quite well.

Thanks for sharing your experiences in advance!

It's exactly how you describe it. And the defenders even spread out in an even line facing the besiegers,
meaning the wall with the siege ladder must be straight, and not by a corner or similar.
Another problem is to get the besiegers to use more ladders. Only so much can be done with the AI mesh.
So the only way to have more than one ladder is to place them close to each other.

I believe the developers of 'Rus XIII' managed to create more entry points and and improved AI to go with it.

I'd suggest not even bothering to try and work around a mess like that, I'd rather try to create something like a breached wall with multiple entry points, making it a bit more logical for the attackers to push strongly on one specific breach.

bpopa27 said:
Goofed around with the props again  :roll:
*snip*
Very inventive. You should really create some complete scenes. It would look great.
Try also working with hills. All your models are on flat ground.

gokiller said:
I still dislike the Roman era buildings mixed up there. :oops:
Have to agree. It's an odd mix of models.
But the ones far right look fantastic  :lol:

The problem is I want to have different districts of the town, and I don't know how to do that besides varying the models a lot depending on which district it is. That's why I put the wall there, and why there is an odd mix of models. I'll see what I can do about the poor district, though. :smile: (it has both gallic and log cabins inside of it, so I'll see about that. :smile:)

The Dark Robin said:
The problem is I want to have different districts of the town, and I don't know how to do that besides varying the models a lot depending on which district it is. That's why I put the wall there, and why there is an odd mix of models. I'll see what I can do about the poor district, though. :smile: (it has both gallic and log cabins inside of it, so I'll see about that. :smile:)

I highly recommend you to make use of Native's resources only. Polished Landscapes work well only with Polished Buildings. In your case, you can use city-swad buildings for richer districts. Since they are high, you can lower them into the gound and enjoy a nice townish look. On the village part, you can always put some village_house_h/g. As for the walls, the most actual are castle_battlement_f. Just take a visit around the Native scenes and take some ideas for spicing your scenes with details and you'll do fine on that part too.

Started scening again today:
y9ju66grbks.jpg
3mqi21vgqxiq.jpg
p1vuke9kt27j.jpg
The download for the skybox:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-8486463/skybox_cloud_1.dds.html

Bowman: I don't use Polished Landscapes, I don't really like it. I use the Cinematic Compilation. I'll see if I could only add the new models (but not replace old ones) from polished landscapes/buildings, though. :smile:

Vivar: That looks spectacular. :grin:

Dark Robin, I think you should scrap the whole rich/poor area thing. Such divide in class only makes sense in a large city. In villages as small as the ones you are working on, everybody should be relatively similar in social standing. You could do a poor village and a rich village, but not both in one. If you are intent on persisting with this, keep in mind that wealth should work as a pyramid. You want small amounts of big rich houses and large amounts of small poor ones.

Vivar: That sky is beautiful! I've always hated the lighting from dawn/sunset in Native, but that soft yellow looks fantastic.

EDIT: Thanks for the download :smile:

That's a good idea, thank you. :smile:

Edit: View from a rooftop, shows off the city a bit better, still haven't changed much though.
7xo0j.png

Back
Top Bottom