Resolved Nogand forgets questline

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.2
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
I got to the point in the starting questline where the PC rescues their two young siblings Varic and Alda, and brother Nogand takes them to Jalmarys. I went to Jalmarys, bribed my way into the keep, and found Nogand. He had the exclamation point for a quest. I went up and pressed F. He addressed me as “Captain” and there was no dialogue about the two siblings. I was able to put Nogand back into my party. Now he shows in the Clan screen as “Travelling to Jalmarys”, same as another companion already in my party, while Varic and Alda still show as “Staying at Jalmarys”. I did not see them in the keep (held down Alt to look for their outlines), nor did any other character have the exclamation point for a quest.

Looks like the questline got broken.

I got to the point in the starting questline where the PC rescues their two young siblings Varic and Alda, and brother Nogand takes them to Jalmarys. I went to Jalmarys, bribed my way into the keep, and found Nogand. He had the exclamation point for a quest. I went up and pressed F. He addressed me as “Captain” and there was no dialogue about the two siblings. I was able to put Nogand back into my party. Now he shows in the Clan screen as “Travelling to Jalmarys”, same as another companion already in my party, while Varic and Alda still show as “Staying at Jalmarys”. I did not see them in the keep (held down Alt to look for their outlines), nor did any other character have the exclamation point for a quest.

Looks like the questline got broken.
It is not broken, they'll stay there until they grow old enough to be able to join a party
You can't find them because all of the kids under a certain age don't appear anywhere
I was asking myself the same thing but now one of them is in one of my kingdom's fief and i can get him into my party

It is not broken, they'll stay there until they grow old enough to be able to join a party
You can't find them because all of the kids under a certain age don't appear anywhere
I was asking myself the same thing but now one of them is in one of my kingdom's fief and i can get him into my party
Thanks for the explanation. I would think this should be reflected in initial dialogue when meeting Nogand, then.

I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom