Nobody wants to make peace!

Users who are viewing this thread

bbaydogdu

Sergeant
Currently I'm playing as a vassal of Western Empire. My faction conquered all the imperial settlements and now waging war against Vlandia, Khuzait, Aserai and Battania at the same time. We are winning against some of them and others getting our ass kicked since there is no way to deal with them all. They are also not fighting against each other. Seems like my faction is the only menace in the game. However other vassals of my faction aren't willing to make peace with any of the enemies no matter what the situation is. They are all going for the fight till the end. Another immersion breaking issue in my opinion. I wonder if anyone experienced this.

Last edited:
Yes it's normal. They think they can win and have to really really bad bad losses to want peace, even then a week or 2 and they're back on their feet they will vote for war 3 4 and 5 again anyways. I you want you can make a big army and just hand out by your fiefs as the enemies wreck them all over, then they''l want to make peace, for a week or 2.

What version are you on?

Since 1.5.7 I've rarely been in a war with more than one opponent, and when I am it's usually because both are obviously overmatched. In fact it seems to me that the moment a second war opens, the first is very quickly settled, and if it isn't, I can propose it and it will be accepted.

What version are you on?

Since 1.5.7 I've rarely been in a war with more than one opponent, and when I am it's usually because both are obviously overmatched. In fact it seems to me that the moment a second war opens, the first is very quickly settled, and if it isn't, I can propose it and it will be accepted.
I'm playing 1.5.7, a merc of the Northern Empire. We're waging war with the Battania for quite a long time. They've lost 3 cities they'd taken from NE earlier, then they lost 1 city and a few castles on their territory. I personally killed in battles a few nobles, the majority of their lords (including Caladog) are imprisoned. Strenght balance is somewhat 5000 NE vs. 2000 Battania.

Still, Caladog cosplays Duncan Macleod and refuses to make peace with us, though it is clear now that they have no chance to win this war. And I continue killing their nobles who try to raid nearby villages.

I've never played as a mercenary. Can you propose peace?
Nope. You can only fight and receive money for each defeated enemy party. You take no part in the inner politics of the Kingdom you fight for (which is logical, since you're only a merc).

What version are you on?

I'm also playing on v1.5.7 and I can't have a moment of peace.

I'm on 1.5.7 and leading the southern empire cause Rhaegea died in battle and they elected me. Early game wasn't too bad mostly 1-2 wars at a time, but once i conquered most of the map all the remaining factions were constantly at war with me, and my vassals were putting up meager defense on whatever part of the map I was focused on, I was losing cities faster than i could conquer them and none of my vassals wanted peace, only when we were losing a war by 10+ sieges would they even consider it.

Back
Top Bottom