Users who are viewing this thread

Ncallstar08

Recruit
I’m tier 3, have tons of food, yet when I make more parties led by my companions, their morale randomly would start degrading until it reaches 0, then my companion gets caught by looters. Am I doing something wrong I seem to be the only person with this issue.

I’m tier 3, have tons of food, yet when I make more parties led by my companions, their morale randomly would start degrading until it reaches 0, then my companion gets caught by looters. Am I doing something wrong I seem to be the only person with this issue.

I experienced the same thing after capturing a settlement. Not sure why it happens. I suspect the parties are not replenishing their own food supplies, but I have no idea.
I have also seen parties from other factions wandering around with 0 or 1 combat ready troops, that I assume are experiencing the same phenomenon.

A suggestion to try: Create a party, then immediately go to the 'Let me see your troops' option. Give them enough of your own troops so that you can create an army. Visit some towns/villages and see how the companion party interacts with it. Do they recruit people? Do they purchase anything? Go to a few, then disband the army and see if the problem persists. I have a few parties running around, but had initially created them so my army could be larger. I didn't release them to their own devices until they had already gained some skills, been through a few battles, and visited numerous settlements. Now they run around looting villages attached to towns I am besieging, making the prosperity tank before I can capture them... ?

I did notice that they often recruit troops until their total unwounded is maxed. Then their wounded get better and I get messages of desertion from their parties while leading an army...

They also have a habit of taking the best noble prisoners after a large battle...

And traveling to the other side of the map...

I’ll try following and watching what they do. So they will interact with villages and recruit ppl even while in an army with me? I thought they had to be on their own for that. I did follow them around on their own and their morale just keeps going down. Also it would be nice to know what troops “desert” when the overflow happens. Is it the high rank troops or low troops. This is game breaking for me though.

I experienced the same thing after capturing a settlement. Not sure why it happens. I suspect the parties are not replenishing their own food supplies, but I have no idea.
I have also seen parties from other factions wandering around with 0 or 1 combat ready troops, that I assume are experiencing the same phenomenon.
Yeah it’s frustrating. If it’s a big maybe we can just recreate the party and see what happens.

I’ll try following and watching what they do. So they will interact with villages and recruit ppl even while in an army with me? I thought they had to be on their own for that. I did follow them around on their own and their morale just keeps going down. Also it would be nice to know what troops “desert” when the overflow happens. Is it the high rank troops or low troops. This is game breaking for me though.
  • From my experience, they will recruit troops and leave prisoners if in an applicable location. They also donated troops to a garrison a few times when I was a vassal of a kingdom, which pissed me off a bit since I was trying to keep army numbers high. I ended up visiting villages only. I haven't seen that again since I made my own kingdom though. I have made parties since then and those parties have grown to their max number.
  • I do not know what troops disband as it only states that "<number> troops have disbanded from <companion>'s party.". I never looked so closely as to mark what was there and compare it to when was left. Nor can we see their inventory, that I know of, to determine if they are picking up food or not.
  • Running around as an army should allow them to dip into your food supply. I have seen this happen, again when I was a vassal, where the log stated I had shared my food supplies with the army.

• From my experience, they will recruit troops and leave prisoners if in an applicable location. They also donated troops to a garrison a few times when I was a vassal of a kingdom, which pissed me off a bit since I was trying to keep army numbers high. I ended up visiting villages only. I haven't seen that again since I made my own kingdom though. I have made parties since then and those parties have grown to their max number.
  • I do not know what troops disband as it only states that "<number> troops have disbanded from <companion>'s party.". I never looked so closely as to mark what was there and compare it to when was left. Nor can we see their inventory, that I know of, to determine if they are picking up food or not.
  • Running around as an army should allow them to dip into your food supply. I have seen this happen, again when I was a vassal, where the log stated I had shared my food supplies with the army.
Hey I reached tier 4 and the party limit for my companions went from 65 to 81 but it took weeks for them to recruit only a few troops. Does it usually take long for them to recruit to their max? Also, they don’t level up with companions. ThAt kinda sucks

Not sure. Mine vary even amongst themselves. I think it largely has to do with what they encounter along the way. I've had companions show up for an army call with full ranks and then some (wounded warriors on the side which usually causes desertions later). I've had others show up with barely enough. On one occasion I had to rescue one of my companions who thought it was a good idea to attack an enemy who had superior numbers. They still have not gotten to lead another party yet. Their troops are also whatever they happen to pick up. Bandits, peasants, looters. They don't pick and choose.

Taking a quick look at Rhoe the Wanderer's party of 96 (clan rank 5), I see she may have been traveling a bit, that or managed to snag someone else's prisoners, considering I created her party around Odokh which is originally a Khuzait town in the East. Her party has Imperials, Vlandians, Aserai, Khuzait, Mercenaries, and looters. 41 different types/ranks of troops. I assume it took her a while to gather them, but I kind of let them do their own thing until I go on the warpath so I really don't know how long it took. Nor can I confirm if they level up or not. The only way I can think of to do so would be to give them a bunch of recruits and send them off to battle while sticking close with your own ranks full of recruits as well. Check after each battle to see if any of their troops evolved, and refill ranks to ensure they don't pick up more.

They also don't seem to be able to wholesale recruit towns/villages like the player can. They pick up 1 or 2, sometimes 3 recruits from a stop and they may do something else before recruiting more. They don't necessarily go looking to fill their ranks before engaging enemies. This increases recruiting time to max capacity as their current ranks dwindle from injuries/death.

It is happening to me too. Pretty sure they are starving as when I create the new party and have them join my army. I get messages saying I am sharing my food.

I found a mod called party ai something and it lets me put inventory such as good with my companions as well as command them. I haven’t had the morale issue yet with new games and new mods but I’ll test and see if the companions actually use the food I give them or just store it as extra bag space.

I have started over a couple of times to test this and I noticed the parties work fine, until you create a kingdom. At that point they immediately lose their morale, troops start leaving and they eventually get captured by bandits or worse, looters. Creating new parties after this is pointless as they seem to start with 0 morale and 0 food. Troops start leaving almost before I finish creating the party. :/

Need to find a fix as without parties it is very difficult to get anything done mid-game.

Back
Top Bottom