Users who are viewing this thread

In my current campaign I am trying to create a multi cultural empire and to reflect that I also decided to recruit noble troops from every faction available. The thing is they are not distinct enough and most of them field heavy cavalry. Some of them are utterly useless.

Here is my suggestion for a bit of variety among the Calradian noble troops:

Battania: Heavy Spearman with throwing weapons
Sturgia: Armored Archers (Vaegirs have the best archers in the previous game)
Empire: Heavy Infantry
Aserai: Light Shock Cavalry or Camel Cavalry
Khuzait and Vlandia can keep their Horse Archers and Knights.

(Vaegirs have the best archers in the previous game)
Maybe Battanians took their archery skills to the Kingdom of Vaegirs after the total destruction of Battania, and that's how the Vaegirs got good at archery despite their Sturgian ancestors sucking at it.

Maybe Battanians took their archery skills to the Kingdom of Vaegirs after the total destruction of Battania, and that's how the Vaegirs got good at archery despite their Sturgian ancestors sucking at it.
Hehe entirely possible. Unfortunately the devs try to mimic real life cultures too much, that's why we have Welsh longbowmen and Byzantine Cataphracts in this game.

Aserai: Light Shock Cavalry or Camel Cavalry
This!!! The aserai noble troop should have been camels and I really can't wrap my head around why it isn't.

For the empire I would keep the cataphract because otherwise they don't have any other cavalry. All the other suggestions seem fine tho.

This!!! The aserai noble troop should have been camels and I really can't wrap my head around why it isn't.

For the empire I would keep the cataphract because otherwise they don't have any other cavalry. All the other suggestions seem fine tho.
They are not much of use without a shield anyway, but I agree they should have some melee cavalry.

Back
Top Bottom