Noble Troops are worth their weight in gold. I re-set if 1 lose a Khans guard. Concerned about notable system

Users who are viewing this thread

In my glitchy 1.5.8 new game I have no bandits, so I'm fully dependent on notables and prisoners (which come form notables too?) for my elite troops.
While I got a good amount of Khans guard by forcing recruitment, I feel their supply is going to dry up as the khuzait start to weaken. It really brings to light how valuable they really are. Even if it's been long grindy 15 mins of wearing down a big fat army, if I lose even 1 Khans guard, I must reset. No amount of money can cause a new 1 to replace it!

I really hope that we can have some more direct and potent means to increase the power of notables in our own fiefs. Currently it's very very slow compared to the speed of them de-powered due to wars. I would also like some way to especially recruit noble troops once I have a town! Why can't I spend a pretty penny to attract nobles troops form all around?
You can already get them in mass from bandits (unless they don't spawn lol) so it wouldn't be a new advantage, just an alternative!

I guess if they really dry up I'll go to batania and steal their noble troops!

I think you'll find that your bandits are all having a party in some distant part of the map.

I thought I had none, then I bumped into some uncountable number seemingly over a hundred parties of sea raiders all gathered between Ocs Hall and Rovalt. All of them. At once.

Yeah. My trading party of 20 wasn't going to Rovalt that month.

When you take into account the effort it takes to build up relationship in order to be able to recruit one or two extra noble troops from the few towns who produce them, grinding that 150 in leadership for Veteran's Respect becomes a no brainer. That's not even accounting for the fact that if you recruit bandits of high enough tier (steppe bandit raiders in the case of Khan's Guard) it's one less war horse that you will need to buy in order to promote them the rest of the way to the top. Getting noble troops out of bandits is too much better than recruiting them off village notables. I don't think Veteran's Respect should be nerfed. Noble troops should be more abundant in villages instead.

I don't think Veteran's Respect should be nerfed. Noble troops should be more abundant in villages instead.
I agree. 150 leadership isn't super fast to get either, even if you faction up and lead armies asap. As for my no bandit game, I had unexpected turn of luck :smile:
It's still not Khan's guards but I got a treasure trove of high tier Aseria troops, and over 40 warhorse units! Sadly it pushed my wage into 3K plus, I'm going to have to take chaikand now to balance it out!

I think you'll find that your bandits are all having a party in some distant part of the map.
Maybe but I did a tour of the world already and looked in all the hot spots and no luck!

Back
Top Bottom