Noble Genocide

Users who are viewing this thread

iRkshz

Regular
I think that the percentage of the chance of death among the nobles is too high :xf-mad:

DvapoDC.jpg

It's at 10% right now and they're planning to lower it to around 2% once "testing" is done I believe. I wish I had your luck though, I've been trying to wipe out the Battanians and halfway through they've become pretty damn resilient to deathblows.

There is a plan to reduce the death chances. The deaths from automatic battles will be enabled and the overall death chance will be reduced by about 80% as well. Also, the medicine will affect the life and death of heroes a lot more so that a 0 medicine and a 250 medicine doctor will have very different outcomes when stabilizing wounded heroes.(similar to wounded troops).

There is a plan to reduce the death chances. The deaths from automatic battles will be enabled and the overall death chance will be reduced by about 80% as well. Also, the medicine will affect the life and death of heroes a lot more so that a 0 medicine and a 250 medicine doctor will have very different outcomes when stabilizing wounded heroes.(similar to wounded troops).
I think you need to reduce the death rate to planned levels ASAP, as it will have to be balanced based on player feedback and this will take a few months at least.
It will also make a lot of players happy, as they are trying to play the game for fun, not for generating potential death bug reports.

This is really good to hear. I heard ai vs ai deaths will be added to the game before but I did not heard about medicine. It is also a good touch. Thank you for letting us know.

It's a good news

I think you need to reduce the death rate to planned levels ASAP, as it will have to be balanced based on player feedback and this will take a few months at least.
It will also make a lot of players happy, as they are trying to play the game for fun, not for generating potential death bug reports.
+1

That'll be a big help! I hope we get some revisions and addition to medicine skill building too so we can get that 250 skill a timeframe that is viable. Doesn't mean much if the medic will croak shortly after or if you've finished the whole map already. I don't like having to take 100s of recruit and and get them, shot up by forest bandits over and over for a tiny bit of skill, but that's the best I can do in current form.

Agreed. The "they want everyone to die for bug reporting" was a little pacifying months ago but we're well past the time for "plans" to be updated into the game.

lower it to around 2% once "testing" is done I believe
OMG, 2%? That's critically low, why would ever have this feature if lords will be almost immortal again?

Just remember that we had (and maybe still have) a 2% chance of being executed by the AI lord who hates you. Question: how many times have you been executed in all your playthroughs?

@SadShogun please, tell me you won't lower it to this ridiculously low numbers

OMG, 2%? That's critically low, why would ever have this feature if lords will be almost immortal again?
i don't think so. @SadShogun said auto-resolves will result in death now. think of it as rather than the players killing up to 10% of lords (per battle!) with lords hardly dying otherwise, all lords have a small chance of dying all from battles around the map as suppose to only around where the player is. I know 2% is small, but it's PER battle. factions is almost always in war with one another and go through at least least a few dozen battles + sieges + raids by the end of it. anymore than 2% could result in factions committing self-genocide.

Just remember that we had (and maybe still have) a 2% chance of being executed by the AI lord who hates you. Question: how many times have you been executed in all your playthroughs?
It's a fair point. Executions can happen if they hate you but it's too easy to keep enemy lords in good favor just by catch and release. Things like killing their clan members in battle and forcing villages to give supplies or troops should lower it too.
That said, as mentioned above, that 2% will be for auto resolve too and I would dread to see that at 10% and have the message log filled with people dying across the world constantly.

Glad to see this will be coming soon. And great about it being tied to the planned medicine changes.

Do lord deaths play a role in warscore currently? Or any plans on having deaths play a role in wanting to stop a war?

After 2 hours worth of continual battles while I was laying siege to a single castle (even before I got the camp set up), I currently have 23 Vlandian lords prisoner in my party. I usually catch and release, but this series of battles became infuriating.

I wonder what would happen if I just executed them all?

After 2 hours worth of continual battles while I was laying siege to a single castle (even before I got the camp set up), I currently have 23 Vlandian lords prisoner in my party. I usually catch and release, but this series of battles became infuriating.

I wonder what would happen if I just executed them all?
He negative trait and relationship penalty you get would get would be enough to make passing persuasion checks very hard.

i don't think so. @SadShogun said auto-resolves will result in death now. think of it as rather than the players killing up to 10% of lords (per battle!) with lords hardly dying otherwise, all lords have a small chance of dying all from battles around the map as suppose to only around where the player is. I know 2% is small, but it's PER battle. factions is almost always in war with one another and go through at least least a few dozen battles + sieges + raids by the end of it. anymore than 2% could result in factions committing self-genocide.
For my current playthrough, I never had so many deaths in one battle. The OP's screenshot seems more like a coincidence rather than regularity. And I have many large battles 1000 vs 1000 in the current playthrough. I've lost about 4 companions in ~20 game years and a few nobles (including 2 wives). Others always get wounded, go to jail, escape, repeat.

2% is WAY too low. With this death chance I can go play Warband and won't feel the difference, because of the immortal lords here and there.

For my current playthrough, I never had so many deaths in one battle. The OP's screenshot seems more like a coincidence rather than regularity. And I have many large battles 1000 vs 1000 in the current playthrough. I've lost about 4 companions in ~20 game years and a few nobles (including 2 wives). Others always get wounded, go to jail, escape, repeat.

2% is WAY too low. With this death chance I can go play Warband and won't feel the difference, because of the immortal lords here and there.

Pulling some numbers out of nowhere really, but if we assume each lord is bringing 80 troops, we've got 25 lords on the battlefield. They spawn first and often fight recklessly, so I'm going to assume 20 of those 25 (80%) go unconscious - not exactly a stretch. 10% chance puts it at ~2.5 lords dying each battle; 2% puts it at ~0.4 lords dying each battle. The OP's screenshot is definitely unfortunate - double as many as one would expect from random chance from my random assumptions. But even at 2%, if you have 3 battles of this size in each war, you'd got a ~99.8% chance of having at least one noble die - and a very large chance multiple die. That's hardly impossible to see happen in a campaign, but less likely to lead to a depopulated field of nobles than ~7 nobles dying each war.

(my numbers might be off if it's only a 10% chance to die when they're hit with a lethal blow, and other blows that don't deal enough damage/are blunt/whatever don't have a chance to kill them, I haven't checked that)

Pulling some numbers out of nowhere really, but if we assume each lord is bringing 80 troops, we've got 25 lords on the battlefield. They spawn first and often fight recklessly, so I'm going to assume 20 of those 25 (80%) go unconscious - not exactly a stretch. 10% chance puts it at ~2.5 lords dying each battle; 2% puts it at ~0.4 lords dying each battle. The OP's screenshot is definitely unfortunate - double as many as one would expect from random chance from my random assumptions. But even at 2%, if you have 3 battles of this size in each war, you'd got a ~99.8% chance of having at least one noble die - and a very large chance multiple die. That's hardly impossible to see happen in a campaign, but less likely to lead to a depopulated field of nobles than ~7 nobles dying each war.
That's all strict statistic, in fact nobles die very rare in my playthroughs. Even in sieges, where lords die more often, because of their quantity, the death probability is very low - in 4 sieges I played in a row, only 1 lord died (and he was already at the brink of the death anyway - 56 y.o.).

So, I am against 2% probability for lord to die in battle. It will ruin the whole death feature.

That's all strict statistic, in fact nobles die very rare in my playthroughs. Even in sieges, where lords die more often, because of their quantity, the death probability is very low - in 4 sieges I played in a row, only 1 lord died (and he was already at the brink of the death anyway - 56 y.o.).

So, I am against 2% probability for lord to die in battle. It will ruin the whole death feature.
I think death in battle chance should consider npc age. Older = higher chance.

Do you plan to add player only options for lords like try to get away, surrender, negotations to avoid battlefield encounters if odds are bad for one of them?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom