No wonder A.I. constantly votes for war...if 200 a day is the target profit for workshops,

Users who are viewing this thread

It's mostly the early game that needs the tweaking. Once you've established a kingdom and you have several fully upgraded fiefs, then the economy pays for itself. This game moves too fast to wait for that. By year three, Khuzait has 1/3 of the map. Vlandia has the western half of Sturgian territory, all of theirs, and usually much of Battania or Western Empire. Sturgia is gone. Aserai has held most of their ground. Almost all of the Empire factions are down to 4 or 5 fiefs left. The only reason Battania is holding their own in my play through is because I'm Battanian, constantly roaming with a 500 god stack, killing off whomever were at war with to pay for my army. If you don't create your kingdom early then you end up having to face two giant kingdoms when you do and usually one of them is bordering you and declares war on you as soon as you form your kingdom.

I like that they're nerfing back massive income from caravans, broken workshops, and slowing down the speed of upgrading fiefs to limit the cash flow. I shouldn't have 2 million denars by the time I get my first fief.

What I don't like is that the AI(particularly the factions with predominant cavalry: Khuzait and Vlandia) are steam rolling into a gigantic early lead: turning the game into a predictable battle against massive cavalry dominant kingdoms, with a small newly established kingdom.

I understand they need to kill off the excess inflation to prevent everyone getting rich in three years. At the same time, they need to figure out a way for the A.I. factions with ideal locations and cavalry dominant troop trees from making the game a battle between them by year 3. If you're going to nerf the growth of player factions, then you should figure out a way to keep the Khuzait's and Vlandian's from owning half the map by the time my first heir gets out of diapers.

I like slowing things down because I want to experience prolonged, realistic attempts at conquering the world. In medieval times, that required multiple generations to come close to accomplishing that. Khan, Alexandre the Great, and maybe a few others made massive expansion over the course of their lifetimes, but didn't finish the goal, because they died and the next leader appointed was not as competent or driven. Ghengis Khan DID NOT conquer half the known world in three years.

Pull the massive A.I. expansion back if your going to remove the tools that players have to compete with them, because right now you have to have a 500 man god stack by year four to have any chance of surviving the cavalry onslaught that occurs when you form your own kingdom. Right now the only tool you have to financially compete with the horse kingdom expansion is to grind smithing(which is broken and will get nerfed soon).

Nerf the damn Khuzait and Vlandian expansion please.

Last edited:
Ghengis Khan DID NOT conquer half the known world in three years.

He didn't, but Calradia is a much smaller place.

I think a reasonable nerf to conquest speed is simply increasing the time it takes to siege down a town (not a castle) greatly. Instead of something like 4 days to build siegeworks, ram and towers, instead have it take more like 15-20.

He didn't, but Calradia is a much smaller place.

I think a reasonable nerf to conquest speed is simply increasing the time it takes to siege down a town (not a castle) greatly. Instead of something like 4 days to build siegeworks, ram and towers, instead have it take more like 15-20.
Have they toned down siege weapons in a recent patch?

I tried the old 4 treb siege on Dunglanys last night and my trebs got wiped out by the towns siege weapons for the first time ever.

Why not? You obviously do not have the economy to support fully upgraded troop tiers? Now that does not mean there can/should not be economy balancing, but not having perfect elite troops but always forced to work with a mix is what keeps it interesting.

I do not always upgrade troops and rather have a good number of troops being upgraded over time so my above average troop levels get constantly refreshed as recruits go through all their stages.And it's cheaper on top of everything. As a wiped lord army will restart with completely crap troops having a core of elite troops, backed by decent troops and recruits that can gain xp by not being on the losing side you still win a lot and with a large margin.

^^^ This.

I have my archers upgraded to top tier, because they rarely die and this make them most effective, infantry stay at tier 3, because they die all the time no matter what and they don't do much except staying in shield wall. I'm split on strike cavalry though. They don't do much anyway and serve as distraction mostly, but low levels die a lot more.

Fix caravans income and profits from trading goods. So frustrating saving for a caravan for it to make no profit and just be a liability and not make any money. Economy has been broken in these updates and game has become a boring grind now. I’m not playing this game until there are more updates now

How long do yo think it will be profitable? Since devs done nerfing caravans and workshops, I believe, smithing will be next.
I think it will stay profitable for a while since it is only the "player" that use/abuse it. None of the lords use it and outside the player it doesnt affect the world economy. Caravans and workshops are passive eco-buffs and both are dependent on the world situation. As such I would think there are far higher priorities to fix; world eco-balance (before a playerbased skill). But after world eco I wouldnt neither expect nor want them to to leave it "unfixed". I mostly use it as a placeholder until eco has settled down.

I have absolutely no interest in grinding some bull****e crafting mechanic. If I wanted to do that I would play minecraft like the other 10 million mindless, eight year old, zombies.

I understand that we're in early access figuring these things out, but I already have a job that's not fun. I play for fun.

At least the dev's could throw us a bone to keep early access fun, or I'll just quit playing and let everyone else grind smithing until the game is actually playable.

If you play ea for fun (like me tbh), then using blacksmithing for eco is in my experience far (and very far at that) less timeconsuming than other ways to get eco rolling. Just kill some looters for materials, make 2-handers, go straight to workshops/caravans (we are talking 1-2 weeks ingame depending on luck), or just continue selling weapons when you need to. Only thing you need is hardwood to make coal, which isn't hard to get. But there is no grinding involved (as far as i know) since you can make 2-handers from the start (could be wrong here but i always could when i wanted to).

It is a bit cheesy but it lets you dive straight into action without much thought towards eco. I expect it to be nerfed in the future but hopefully not before world-eco is stabilized and running.

I have absolutely no interest in grinding some bull****e crafting mechanic. If I wanted to do that I would play minecraft like the other 10 million mindless, eight year old, zombies.

I understand that we're in early access figuring these things out, but I already have a job that's not fun. I play for fun.

At least the dev's could throw us a bone to keep early access fun, or I'll just quit playing and let everyone else grind smithing until the game is actually playable.
i just started playing around smithing and it's super easy. all u need is to invest in some wood. so you can make charcoal. and with charcoal, you can smelt gear that you loot from enemies (usually smelting and selling raw material is more profitable than selling the weapons themselves). through smelting gear you'll unlock recipes. and with recipes you can make weapons.

there are no requirements for making weapons meaning at smithing lvl 1 you can make something that requires smithing level 200, you'll just make a ****ty version that's weak but it will still sell. certain things sell for more money, for example. 2h swords and axes typically give me 50k-100k+, 2h polearm also decent, javelins too. I'm literally robbing cities of all their money from 1 weapon i sold them, and then i rob them of 20k worth of trade goods. cause that 1 weapon sold for 100k. i make a batch of weapons and need to run to 10 towns to sell them. some towns don't even have 30k so i don't even trade with them

There seems to be two types of players. Ones who want a short game-play session (easy economy), and others who want to fully immerse themselves (tough economy). I'm not sure how difficult it would be to create an economy tab in Campaign options, were players can adjust the difficulty of economics.
To be fair: last patch they got a bunch of the Trade Perks working. So incomes should have been balanced a bit along with the nerfs.

There seems to be two types of players. Ones who want a short game-play session (easy economy), and others who want to fully immerse themselves (tough economy). I'm not sure how difficult it would be to create an economy tab in Campaign options, were players can adjust the difficulty of economics.
To be fair: last patch they got a bunch of the Trade Perks working. So incomes should have been balanced a bit along with the nerfs.

Imo you shouldn't try to split the playerbase between "easy eco" and "tough eco", while calling the latter "fully immersive". The eco-system is broken atm (ea after all) and devs themself have mentioned that prices and income are bugged (at least this haven't been fixed so far as i recall, open to be righted if i'm wrong).
My guess is that many who play the "easy eco" now are just waiting for an overhaul on the economy system (myself included) before they go that path again.

My point is that while things are like they are, neither choice is more "right" or "more immersive" than the other.

FIX THE PHAT LEWTZ ECONOMY. Selling junk to Ye Olde Pawn Shoppe should not be the way to make money. War should be costly, not profitable.

Have they toned down siege weapons in a recent patch?

I tried the old 4 treb siege on Dunglanys last night and my trebs got wiped out by the towns siege weapons for the first time ever.

I've been doing a mercenary playthrough (siege? what siege?) so I haven't been able to see any difference.

Back
Top Bottom