Resolved No War bug, kingdoms declaring peace right after war starts

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Kingdoms declare peace a day or two after declaring war, leading to a peaceful game where there is very little wars and nothing is happening.
How to Reproduce: Not sure how this happened, I am currently a vlandia mercenary for vlandia and I notice nothing is happening with the wars and that they end soon as they start.
Have you used cheats and if so which: none. vanilla. NO MODS
Scene Name (if related): world map
Media (Screenshots & Video):

I am seeing there is occasional war between kingdoms but most of the time it is peaceful. No more than 2 or 3 wars going at once in the whole game after some months. Please fix the long peace time

fast peace/wars is caused by if I can be blunt a poor tribute system.

So the factions declare war to stop paying tribute from a faction that they did before or to get tribute from them.
Typically some faction that is at war with multiple factions will get this.

As the other post mentions sometimes peace can last "long time".
I've had peace in one cast last for 6 months then it was for 2-3 years nonstop vs 1-3 factions at once, then abit of peace then I was locked in eternal war for the next 40+ years..

Keep in mind that there is a 30 day hard peacetime between factions once peace is agreed upon.
So Vlandia who typically is at war vs Battania, Sturgia and Western Empire and sometimes Aserai, already is getting good tribute from all of theese they may see no need to wage war so to speak.

Try joining some other faction who is at war for instance. Your a merc you say so leaveing have no impact in terms of relations etc.

Related. I split from Sturgia to form a kingdom. War. One fight. They sued for peace. Now no one is declaring war on me. They are way stronger than me. Others are still declaring war on others, but no one on me. Maybe not a bug, but the AI should be trying to take advantage of my weak position. Also, notice the indication of peace (dove) in the middle and the indication of war (under Sturgian leader) on the right.
F459DD76BDB6555CB1A782FFF7B504B3BB7ABCA4

Back
Top Bottom