Version number
e1.7.0.
Platform
Xbox Series X
Graphics mode
Fidelity

Joebags1742

Recruit
Summary: The console ports are lacking a toggle for birth and death in sandbox mode. I don’t want to level my character along with companions just to start losing them all randomly after they reach 47 years old.
How to Reproduce: Start a sandbox campaign on console
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):

I tried to post this with the version being v1.0.0.2705, what it displays on consoles, but it wouldn’t allow me to post the thread with that version and so I looked up the latest bannerlord patch version instead. Sorry for any confusion.

We have fixed the version issue on the forums. Thanks for pointing this out!
Regarding the birth and death not being accessible on consoles is that we have decided prior to release to not include it at this point. But we might explore the idea of enabling it after the release workload reduces a bit. It is still not decided yet.
Marking this as in progress but we don't currently working towards enabling this as of now.

Last edited:
Regarding the birth and death not being accessible on consoles is that we have decided prior to release to not include it at this point. But we might explore the idea of enabling it after the release workload reduces a bit. It is still not decided yet.
Thank you for responding, I’d really appreciate it if the toggle was enabled again. I understand that other things take priority like bugs or content that isn’t properly implemented, but it would really make a big difference to me, at least for sandbox. Either way, thank you again, I just wanted to make certain that the team knew that the players do really care about the feature and hadn’t just forgotten about it or anything. Have a good day!

Yeah sadly we had to prioritize some issues before the release and this was sadly one of the topics that got delayed. But i will try to update this if we have a change on this issue. Thank you!

Hey there MArdA!

I'm a new console player (never could afford a good PC, lol). And I just wanted to chime in and voice my agreement with Joebags. This is a feature that I would really love to see for us console players! There are a number of people on reddit also bummed about it missing.

I'm really interested in the character building aspect of games. And from what I've seen so far in Bannerlord, I'm really excited!! I probably spent over 2 hours last night researching how the skills and attributes work, and thinking about which ones would compliment my character's story (not to mention fine-tuning their appearance).

So you could imagine the pang of disappointment I felt when further research revealed my character was going to inevitably die and that there was nothing I could do about it! lol

I would be absolutely overjoyed to learn that this feature is confirmed for release on consoles! And in my opinion, for those console players that could never quite scrap together the resources for a full on gaming PC, I feel that this feature would make the game much more accessible.

I would eventually like to try the birth/death mode, but the idea of being on a timer while familiarizing myself with this absolute mammoth of a game intimidates the hell out of me! 😅

Anyway, thank you so much for taking the time to listen to us and respond above. The transparency is something to be admired. I am greatly appreciative!

Yeah sadly we had to prioritize some issues before the release and this was sadly one of the topics that got delayed. But i will try to update this if we have a change on this issue. Thank you!
I understand having to prioritize issues to be able to release a game. Add my vote to enabling birth/death, otherwise why bother getting married? Having played Warband on console for years now, I’m greatly enjoying Bannerlord, but not having birth/death is a bummer.

Thank you for the kind words and I hope your enjoyment will just be more every session you play the game! As I said before it will come down the line and we are always aiming to achieve feature parity between all platforms. This feature does not however change anything regarding Battle Death, just wanted to note it as i personally still be confused about it time to time. :razz:

Kudos Marda! Can't wait to have it, as I personally hate to lose the character investment, only for such prosaic reason as death of old age. Great game, big thanks for bringing it to consoles!

Just to add my 5 cents, I have had other xbox players msg me about this feature, it's definitely affecting players enjoyment of the game.

Some players chose to start with a 50 year char, and then after 16hrs of gameplay to realise their character will now die of cancer without having a family. OFC they can bypass this by having a family but new console players don't necessarily understand that because they are thinking the PC "death" toggle is available on console as well.

Just wanna say I made an account on here to Express my want for this feature as well. My wife and were hella bummed when we found out our characters would eventually die.

Like others have expressed, I've specifically made an account here to ask for this feature. Unfortunately, I'll be holding off on playing until we can have this implemented. I don't wish to invest so much time in a character for them to die of old age.

To throw my 2 cents worth in, I'm in agreement with all the above. It's a fantastic feature and one that should really be implemented on sandbox mode.

It's a truly fantastic game you've made, keep up the great work.

When my family in my party started to die of old age I was so annoyed all the levels they had gone. I lost all motivation to carry on with the campaign. I'm now just waiting to play it again when or if birth/death is a thing. Or when I get my motivation back to level new guys.

This game would be awesome on consoles if death be disable seriously main character takes time to build and if you reach age 60 you die and start everything all over again it’s very sad but I hope taleworlds will fix this as soon as possible so i can go back play this legend game

Hey, as mentioned before by many others I would also love to have this option on console. I have decided to wait until this feature is Part of the game, so PLEASE fullfill our wishes to make this awesome game even more awesome <3

I would like Born and death also why should pc get something that console wants also it just don't seem fair to your customers for example I have to go buy it on pc for one option that not right so please add born and death to console

Marking this as in progress but we don't currently working towards enabling this as of now.
hey i started the game yesterday i really like the idea of playing with one character can u fix the problem with the birth and death ? we really need it in the xbox too not only the pc for the players we get attach to our character thx u very much i saw many people have the same problem and express it from octomber if u can fix it soon i aprecciete it much love <3

Birth and Death options can be found in the campaign options when starting a new game. I've been informed and confirmed that Birth and Death is in the console version of the game.

Back
Top Bottom