No such thing as balance in a skilled based game

Users who are viewing this thread

S01DIER

The title pretty much sums it up. I see alot of people complaining about balance in the game and I believe they aint thinking this fully through. If every item in the game caused the same hit point people would still complain about balance. The more you practice the better you get at this game. Alot of players are coming across people who played all the MnB's, They have years of experience and play time. Keep playing the game and practice

99% agree with you, I hate those tards who just get angry because they dont even know what a feint is and call you a cheater and a tryhard because of it. Those people should either try nolifing the game or simply learn the basics of the game which you could easily do if you took a small bit of time. But there are things for balance exactly like the throwing meta that was a one shot pila 99% of the time. That was unfair and its good that it changed, thats why I agree with you 99% of the way.

Lesson: Get Gud M8 to all those tards

For sure, When people speak of balance it can only refer to hitpoints and the items being used. Way to many people are using the word "Balance" and refering to class/ wtf knows. Being a long time player of the MnB's like many others we can easily see people are complaining over the wrong stuff. I do agree about the pilla and it was a much needed fix. Mostly all other noise about ingame Balance in my opinion are players who are coming across seasoned players and they are complaining about how they dont match up. You can remove deaths from the score board and change all the hitpoints you want. Darn you can even ruin Cav with all the complaining but THIS WILL NOT MAKE YOU ANY BETTER AT THE GAME. "Only Practice makes perfect" So the more complaining that goes on the more BS we gotta put up with in every patch that comes out. Yall may be players of the game but thats all we are. Its there game, Its there choice and they will do as they see fit. Im sure they would relase a poll if they Fing wanted to lol

I do agree about the pilla and it was a much needed fix.
So, the pilum was unbalanced but at the same time there is no balance?

You make no sense, of course there is balance in a skilled game.
Because crush through, insane cav hitpoints and what not were all so balanced! Go home.

So, the pilum was unbalanced but at the same time there is no balance?

You make no sense, of course there is balance in a skilled game.
Because crush through, insane cav hitpoints and what not were all so balanced! Go home.
This was inregards to how much damage was being done. A 1 HIT YOUR OUT IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND

This was inregards to how much damage was being done. A 1 HIT YOUR OUT IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND
There are plenty of weapons that are one hit you out in Bannerlord, the pilum wasn't special for that reason. Also, your title is "balance doesn't exist in a skilled game" which is just complete bs. But then again don't even know who you are so what did I expect, sorry my bad.

There are plenty of weapons that are one hit you out in Bannerlord, the pilum wasn't special for that reason. Also, your title is "balance doesn't exist in a skilled game" which is just complete bs. But then again don't even know who you are so what did I expect, sorry my bad.
The point im making is it dont matter what you change or how weak/strong the item is. You have many Seasoned players currently playing. People are becoming confused in Balance / Pure Skill. Much more goes into this to like teamwork and knowing how to play ur class. Also the other players class / weak points or best opportunity to win

The point im making is it dont matter what you change or how weak/strong the item is. You have many Seasoned players currently playing. People are becoming confused in Balance / Pure Skill. Much more goes into this to like teamwork and knowing how to play ur class. Also the other players class / weak points or best opportunity to win
If that's your point then your thread is useless in this place since nearly everyone still coming here is part of the seasoned, salty veteran group.

If that's your point then your thread is useless in this place since nearly everyone still coming here is part of the seasoned, salty veteran group.
LOL. I would'nt come here to get anything fixed first off. I think we all know you'd have better luck catching fish with a frying pan then someone from the team getting on and doing somthing we want fixed. So take away what you want and believe what u wanna believe buddy

LOL. I would'nt come here to get anything fixed first off. I think we all know you'd have better luck catching fish with a frying pan then someone from the team getting on and doing somthing we want fixed. So take away what you want and believe what u wanna believe buddy
You made a post about casual players which was never stated (again), then it was pointed out to you that only seasoned players come here, and you go on about "fixing stuff" which was never even said in the post you quoted. Like what is your point? Balance doesn't exist for casual players??

So buddy, stop drinking massive amounts of alcohol (I hope that is what you did, otherwise you should worry) and go drink some milk and be a good boy.

I agree with your point that "practice makes perfect", and game design based around that philosophy is definitely superior and more respectable, but (to avoid confusion) not only can there possibly be imbalanced elements in a game with skill-based mechanics, there can be features that are so annoyingly cheap that it still makes you frustrated and fed up to play against even if you manage to counter it skilfully, whether tactically or mechanically.

Everyone who understands what i mean just give your selfs a pat on the back. You made it

You made a post about casual players which was never stated (again), then it was pointed out to you that only seasoned players come here, and you go on about "fixing stuff" which was never even said in the post you quoted. Like what is your point? Balance doesn't exist for casual players??

So buddy, stop drinking massive amounts of alcohol (I hope that is what you did, otherwise you should worry) and go drink some milk and be a good boy.
he wants to buff cav btw, citing the class to be unplayable ? Any further questions to be asked?

Perk system is indeed not the best. Passive benefits are needed to protect class niches. In fact, you can still do archery and cav duties okay right now. if it were equal, you'd see a lot of horse archer peasents. That sounds ridiculus

definition of "balance":

1. "basic balance": every role can do certain things in their position. if any role is replaceable, we can think it is an "unbalanced role". every game has that kind of role.
2. "great balance": that "certain things" (referred above) are what players really want. inf players want to fight rather than holding the shield or running around; cav players want open fields and large battles; archers want to shot targets... etc

If the game offers you 2 things:
1. the ability to play what you want.
2. those strategies are really trash. In order to win, you must play what you don't want.
------- that is only "basic balance" and it's a trash game.

I mean, i can understand that individual player skill can help late joiners overcome certain disadvantages when some peasant units go up against better equipped units like shock troops or medium/heavy infantry though it's apparent to me that the game has some pretty egregious balance issues that I'm starting to think are intentional. As i've mentioned in other threads, we've a 24 armor heavy archer that can bodyshot most infantry units to death and deal additional damage to a unit type that's already making himself a bigger target for archers to shoot. And that's on top of TaleWorlds insisting that the game should be played like a late 2000s tacticool shooter with a medieval skin.

I suppose I should also mention TaleWorlds' insistence on having a unit that's intended to overwhelm better-equipped enemies with sheer strength in numbers in a game where teams are expected to have even headcounts.

Bring back recovering throwing spears from corpses, nerf armor, boost menavlion infantry movement speed. Balance problems solved. I'm not a fan of all the multiplayer changes last year. Especially the armor buffs/perk system. I resonate with what Roadpork said big time.
If the game offers you 2 things:
1. the ability to play what you want.
2. those strategies are really trash. In order to win, you must play what you don't want.
------- that is only "basic balance" and it's a trash game.

Back
Top Bottom