SP Native "No stowing polearms" mod?

Users who are viewing this thread

While digging through weapons.xml, I noticed the variable: "DropOnWeaponChange="true"

I've been wondering if there's already a mod out there that adds this to all two-handed weapons that reasonably ought not to be able to be stowed on one's back in the middle of a fight. I really, really don't feel like writing a mod myself, especially since (as a GOG customer) I don't have access to the modding tools, and I'd have to re-write the mod by hand every time the game is updated.

A forum search for "stow polearm back" showed up zero results, but I think that might just be a deficient forum search function. Anyone got anything?

While digging through weapons.xml, I noticed the variable: "DropOnWeaponChange="true"

I've been wondering if there's already a mod out there that adds this to all two-handed weapons that reasonably ought not to be able to be stowed on one's back in the middle of a fight. I really, really don't feel like writing a mod myself, especially since (as a GOG customer) I don't have access to the modding tools, and I'd have to re-write the mod by hand every time the game is updated.

A forum search for "stow polearm back" showed up zero results, but I think that might just be a deficient forum search function. Anyone got anything?
Well, the player can drop any weapon with the press of a key (G). You also have the possibility to try a little tweak of mine which "hides" the polearms in similar way like gta.

Mod link----> Magic Holsters

While related, that isn't quite what I'm looking for. I'd prefer that mod over the way vanilla does it, but I'm not only looking for a cosmetic change; I'm looking to make it so that no character is able to stow a weapon that they logically ought not to be able to stow.

Unfortunately, I have a hunch that, even if I were to go through all of the polearms and add "DropOnWeaponChange="true", that'd break a lot of units' balance, because I suspect that the AI isn't designed to deal with DropOnWeaponChange. Every time AI cavalry are stationary, they stow their lances and draw their swords...

Which is another reason I'm hoping someone's already made this mod. Without modding tools, I can't fix a problem like that, for sure.

Back
Top Bottom