Resolved No red/green comparison stats

Users who are viewing this thread

Somehow, Weapons, armor and horses no longer show red or green colors when comparing something that you have equipped. It still shows red or green for trade goods tho.
1AC6F0D0778FEAD64A361533A873F1AF4D018052

same for me

It worked for the first 15-20 minutes of the game. I am now over 11 hours into the game, with multiple restarts. It has never shown me the red/green comparison since those first 15-20 or so minutes of playing. I feel like it was after I got my first companion that it stopped working. It would show me the red/green colors, but then on switching to companion it stopped working. Not sure if that's connected, but that's around when it stopped working for me.

same for me

It worked for the first 15-20 minutes of the game. I am now over 11 hours into the game, with multiple restarts. It has never shown me the red/green comparison since those first 15-20 or so minutes of playing. I feel like it was after I got my first companion that it stopped working. It would show me the red/green colors, but then on switching to companion it stopped working. Not sure if that's connected, but that's around when it stopped working for me.
it seems to be connected with taking Trade perks, specifically the first one

I was able to replicate this in 1.0.2 with the following steps:
(excuse my verbosity)
  1. Create new campaign character with trade greater or equal to 25
  2. Skip tutorial, don't touch any perks, go to nearest town and look at equitable items. You should have the red/green comparisons on the tooltips for the equipment's stats. E.g. if you have a ****ty sword and look at a nice sword, the nice swords tooltips will have a bunch of green numbers!
  3. In the character window, select either of the two 25 perks, "Whole Seller" or "Appraiser"
  4. You will no longer get the red/green comparisons in the weapons stats (except for the requires category, that will still show red/green indicators in the tooltips)

same for me

It stopped working with me when i got my fifth companion

I think they only compare when the piece of equipment you are looking at is of the same type as the item presently equipped to your player. Like you have to compare a one-handed axe to another one-handed axe that is presently equipped for it to show up. Like when I try and get the red/green comparison between a two-handed sword and a single-handed axe, it doesn’t show up.

I have at least one companion and haven’t noticed it change....... yet.

Lost mine as well and definitely perk related like scked said and even gave an example to replicate... and I hadn't had any new companions since i started the game a day ago.

I think they only compare when the piece of equipment you are looking at is of the same type as the item presently equipped to your player. Like you have to compare a one-handed axe to another one-handed axe that is presently equipped for it to show up. Like when I try and get the red/green comparison between a two-handed sword and a single-handed axe, it doesn’t show up.

I have at least one companion and haven’t noticed it change....... yet.

To clarify the reported issue; we actually DO get a tooltip (because we ARE comparing similar item types) and the data in the tooltip is correct (as far as I can tell) but the comparison colours and some other text formatting are missing.

Exactly - I'm trying to figure out if it's just an XML that can be edited like some people did for the Battanian/Sturgian items that weren't appearing in singleplayer, but I can't seem to find a stats/character/skills XML that actually has all this in it.

Lol, speak of the devil. I am now today getting the same issue. :facepalm::lol:

The only part of the item that is now highlighted in red/green are the skill requirements. Such as the riding skill depicted in the picture Zer0motivation uploaded.

I hadn't even noticed I was missing this until now. Good spot lads.
I've also gone down the trading route, so naturally, I have one of the aforementioned perks too.

Back
Top Bottom