[no rbm] There is a cool mod that changes damage / distance / armor.

Users who are viewing this thread

There is such a cool mod that changes damage / distance / armor. It is something between vanilla and rbm modem. Works fine on 1.7
If someone wants a better gaming experience, but without exaggerating (rbm), I recommend it.

Here is a new one that does the same thing.I use it with RBM ai+spear rework and battles are fair for every unit. Now only if i could command this cav to attack enemy cav/archers only and not the damn spear infantry....dreams..

Oh thanks! How glad there are mods that are engulfing the battle but not going to the extreme (rbm).
Here is a new one that does the same thing.I use it with RBM ai+spear rework and battles are fair for every unit. Now only if i could command this cav to attack enemy cav/archers only and not the damn spear infantry....dreams..

Oh yes! I miss it very much too. You divide the cavalry into 3 divisions, one left flank, the second right flank, the third attack the archers.

I found something like that, but I don't know how it works in practice.

I found something like that, but I don't know how it works in practice.
It doesnt work anymore,theres another mod but its only the bird view.

About RBM i think the mod would be ok if the game was around 1400+ when plate armour was functioning but we're in 1084.
In my eyes RBM looks broken especially cav is a joke as are archers in vanilla.

About RBM i think the mod would be ok if the game was around 1400+ when plate armour was functioning but we're in 1084.
In my eyes RBM looks broken especially cav is a joke as are archers in vanilla.
In Bannerlord some armors are slightly anachronistic. But technological decline was much less significant in the Byzantine Empire, thus they widely used composite armors (lamellar, scale, splint etc.) even in the XI century, when all Europe was relying on mail hauberks.

RBM creators are a little bit too pedantic when it comes to armor protection and weapon penetration values. If they see full body scale armor with double mail and lamellar vest, they cannot just make it's protection values equal to mail hauberks and call it a day. However they are working with what they see, if TW created such strong looking armors, RBM will give it adequately strong protection values.

In general, if you prefer more arcadey combat with short TTK and fast engagements, you should abstain from using RBM Combat Module. The AI module changes, however, are too good to miss, even if you like fast paced combat. Unless you prefer the vanilla zerg rush cluster**** melee combat.
Cavalry in RBM is very strong, so you will have to use heavy infantry, pikemen, terrain advantage and ranged troops, in order to stop it. Yup, just like in real life.

BTW, RBM is highly configurable - weapon damage, armor values and modifiers, troop skills and loadouts - can all be changed through the xml files.

In general, if you prefer more arcadey combat with short TTK and fast engagements, you should abstain from using RBM Combat Module. The AI module changes, however, are too good to miss, even if you like fast paced combat. Unless you prefer the vanilla zerg rush cluster**** melee combat.
Cavalry in RBM is very strong, so you will have to use heavy infantry, pikemen, terrain advantage and ranged troops, in order to stop it. Yup, just like in real life.
I do abstain from RBM because its broken,horses do 30+ dmg when they bump you,cav is so op they dont even have to hit anything just run around.

I guess if you want gameplay so reallistic they should just instanly kill you.lol i remember when they were taking dmg from hitting trees cav was dying by themselves...RBM is easymobe as vanilla just with different units thats all oh and lammelar/scaler armour isnt plate dont get confused :wink:

I do abstain from RBM because its broken,horses do 30+ dmg when they bump you,cav is so op they dont even have to hit anything just run around.
Okay, I guess a 500+ kg beast running at 45 km/h (plus a ~100 kg horseman) will gently shove you aside in case of impact. With zero to little consequences to your body. Totally broken LOL.

Last edited:
RBM is easymobe as vanilla just with different units thats all oh and lammelar/scaler armour isnt plate dont get confused
What's that supposed to mean? Metal lamellar and scale armors are much more protective than any kind of mail. It is not as good as steel plate of course, but Bannerlord is set in roughly 11-12 century.

Okay, I guess a 500+ kg beast running at 45 km/h (plus a ~100 kg horseman) will gently shove you aside in case of impact. With zero to little consequences to your body. Totally broken LOL.
I agree with @Theofilos about OP heavy cav in RBM. It´s not about realisim. It´s about gameplay and with RBM you can just run through the enemy archers line up and down forever and kill all of them without even hitting them with a weapon and they can´t do **** about it.

I still prefer RBM, because everything is better than vanilla.

I agree with @Theofilos about OP heavy cav in RBM. It´s not about realisim. It´s about gameplay and with RBM you can just run through the enemy archers line up and down forever and kill all of them without even hitting them with a weapon and they can´t do **** about it.
That doesn't mean cavalry trample charge should be as hurtful as a morning breeze.
I agree that cavalry power must be balanced out with higher wages/upgrade costs/food consumption. But AFAIK these values are hardcoded right now. And AI lords will just get troops for free anyway.

I am tinkering with RBM unit overhaul.xml right now. It seems if dedicated heavy pikemen are given strong armor and high skills, they can hold out even against tier 6 noble heavy cavalry.

As for the archers, when did archers pose threat to heavy cav? With no natural or handmade obstacles, archers in the open are totally dead, if engaged in melee with heavy cav.

As for the archers, when did archers pose threat to heavy cav? With no natural or handmade obstacles, archers in the open are totally dead, if engaged in melee with heavy cav.
I´m pretty sure that a single heavy cav knight alone wouldn´t be able to run down 50 archers. In real life they would at least try to kill the mount and when he is on the ground he is done.

The problem is that heavy cav units have like two lifes (mount), it´s hard enough to kill the mounts (for the AI) and after that there is still the knight.

The problem is that heavy cav units have like two lifes (mount), it´s hard enough to kill the mounts (for the AI) and after that there is still the knight.
Agreed. They should nerf horse armor. Imperial scale barding is impenetrable. Even Elite Cataphracts die more often than their mounts.

Dont get me wrong im full on for reallism but its a game and needs to be ballance.Hear me out

If collision and shield wall spears were working correctly and cav couldnt just run through like ''butter'' and you should flank only from sides/rear then yes cav could do 30+ bump dmg.
But this game is created with a small skirmish in mind you cant even give order to your troops who to attack so yeah ballance must be in place so gameplay isnt easymode boring.

Back
Top Bottom