Need More Info No Peace against empire with no holdings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Doofus

Sergeant
I think I've seen this commented on before, but couldn't find a thread for it.

We took the last holding of Battania. their strength is 96 to ours over 17k. They have none of our lords prisoners. They will accept peace without us paying any tribute (in the past, typically, they required a lot of tribute to accept peace. Soooo...Absolutely everyone in my empire (Khuzaits) wants to continue the war. To what purpose? There is nothing to gain by continuing this, plus we are at war with a separate empire (Aserai) on the opposite side of the map (which we are losing because I'm not there).

Fix this Taleworlds. If an empire has no lands for us to gain, then we shouldn't want war, particularly when a peace deal will cost us nothing.

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
You can send your save files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Marda did you really really read what the person was posteing or did you use a cut'n'paste to give yourself some time *ehem*..

1. this is how the game is designed atm, and ot a bug.(is it a good design - imo -> no.)

2. this is something alot of other ppl have been *****ing about - that defeated kingdomes end up like Warbands pestlords(raid, intercept caravans, but never do anything else).
Typically with 1 king's clan and a few merc-clans, never bounce back, never try to siege or anything, besides acting like glorified raiders.

And to the op - you can get peace with them, it just takes "alot of effort".
track down all the lords and have'em imprisoned, wait until another faction is in war with them
Spend your influence to get peace even if its not popular and you may end up paying the "bandit-king" something.

I've done this many a time, just suggest a vote for something unpopular - everyone votes on it - you abstain.
This way you drain the kingdome of influence which isnt ideal, but in the end you end up if you are a decent player with more influence than most lords, even the king unless you are the king(then you can overrule for lots of influence).
Then put the vote for peace.
The oher option to get peace with such pestlords, is to be hated by everyone and get a trait called devious(no honor) - capture lords of hostile factions and execute them..

Yeah, I was actually hoping to override the vote, but even paying the max influence it lost something like 60-40. Its not worth my time to keep pushing it to get them out of influence. I own nothing in the Battanian lands anyways. Let the other lords deal with it. Just wanted to post this as something that makes absolutely no sense in the game.

I might be able to send over a save file, although I preferred the old method. It was simpler.

Yeah, I was actually hoping to override the vote, but even paying the max influence it lost something like 60-40. Its not worth my time to keep pushing it to get them out of influence. I own nothing in the Battanian lands anyways. Let the other lords deal with it. Just wanted to post this as something that makes absolutely no sense in the game.

I might be able to send over a save file, although I preferred the old method. It was simpler.

Depends on how much influence you have and or what perks you also pick, meaning you can recoup alot of the influence you spend etc or your proposals cost less influence to start(50 instead of 100)

Typically in my plays the King have like a few thousand influence the rest of the clans like 200-500.
Meanwhile I got 4000.

So I just propose that same unpopular vote over and over and over, until they are dry, they have no more influence and thus when you vote - win.
Basically the whole "end game part of the game" is "less than exiting to put it this way imo.

Start and midgame is so great, then you come into this area that really needs fleshing out, but I'm guessing they've not actually (or I hope for their sake) that they arent done with this latter stage of the game at this point, and that it will improve.

But some of the features from Warband is sorley missing, exile of kings with no lands etc.

Can't you kill the remaining clan with cheat commands? I always wanted to try but I don't think there's a way to activate the cheat menu on cloud. TWs will probably never address this issue, I remember some dev advocating this guerilla warfare in a few old topics.

Can't you kill the remaining clan with cheat commands? I always wanted to try but I don't think there's a way to activate the cheat menu on cloud. TWs will probably never address this issue, I remember some dev advocating this guerilla warfare in a few old topics.

Well if TW dont adress it, its a stepback from how it was resolved in Warband, and one would assume that they kept things that "worked" from that game..
As for the cheatmenu and killing clans, yes you can prolly do that, I've not tested this scenario though, so I'm asuming based on other posts and some experiments of removeing the merc-clans from the game(as I think they affect the game experience in a negative manner(read instead of going for peace a faction will hire 10+ mercclans to prolong the war, however the clans dont really do nothing besides raid(which have its effect sure)(they arent enough in the party to summon into armies, so the faction who hire them keeps on loosing more and more ground, until they hit the point of no-return)(this works on AI VS AI, but not in AI VS Player imo).

You can also go around fight'em and behead them all, and the clan will go extinct and so will the kingdome..
Note that this makes you very unpopular and may even lead to you getting beheaded should you be captured by your foes..

That said, I know that modders will fix it as with all other things that TW havent done or may not implement.
I dont use mods while playing during ea, but will after, so I got a good selection of mods being tracked over on Nexus, which will enhance many aspects among the game.
While in all honesty I'm not good at modding, I did manage to mod some in Warband with guides, so I'm guessing if its not that much harder I'll find the right guide and tweak things my way down the line :wink:

I still think that the game isnt that far into the testing yet or assume it, that they are "focusing" on end-game effects quite yet.
Pretty sure they will add more meat to the bone etc.

Quick question, since you mentioned beheading. Have you been beheaded before? Did you pick a new heir? The only time my main character has died in this was when he was captured & beheaded (even though he had good traits, I assume it was an evil lord).. When I was beheaded that ine time the game immediately crashed afterwards & I avoided being captured by that lord on my restart of the most recent save.

Quick question, since you mentioned beheading. Have you been beheaded before? Did you pick a new heir? The only time my main character has died in this was when he was captured & beheaded (even though he had good traits, I assume it was an evil lord).. When I was beheaded that ine time the game immediately crashed afterwards & I avoided being captured by that lord on my restart of the most recent save.
Never been beheaded and I dont behead either, cause I'm not that type of player tbh.
I just based it on what I've read.

I supppose its not true that I've not beheaded tbh, as I've done some lol-plays ->
I have beheaded npc's though, in some "lets see if I can exterminate this annoying kingdome" back in the day when Khuzait was roflstomping all.
I just wasnt tied to any faciton, and just picked them of one by one.

For me its the same as op said. The southern empire doesent have any fiefs since ages and ages and only 3 clans left, not even 100 strengh but still they demand money from me to make peace and never vanish.

For me its the same as op said. The southern empire doesent have any fiefs since ages and ages and only 3 clans left, not even 100 strengh but still they demand money from me to make peace and never vanish.

Do my trick if you have the influence to make the "pestlords stop" - propose peace until there is no more influence in the other lords in the kingdome(just dont vote each time, abstain so you dont waste that).
Eventually after some time they are out of influence and boom peace.

Ideally they adopt some of the suggestions we've made in various post, and at the very least do like Warband where the defeated king would exile, and could return.

I still hope that they arent "focused" on endgame mechanics yet, and such things will be "fixed" (improved) down the line.

TO understand and debug the issue we need a save file where this issue is present. That's why we need a save file.

So are you telling us that this isnt suppose to happend?

Or are you thinking of the game in "Storymode" or Sandbox.
Sandbox is what I only play.
Storymode you do the quest and some factions will be gone right(never played it to that part tbh).

In sandbox in all my plays I've never ever had a "kingdome" (starting one) ever disappear, or that they will keep on raiding/looting/intercepting caravans, hard to get peace with(mostly cause of the other lords in your faction have no desire for peace).

Are you understanding what we're trying to say, or are we not explaining the issue clear enough, or is it "talking along eachother as we say" whee its the the sandbox vs storymode difference?

Save file was sent yesterday, as requested. I actually think its right after that happened because it was late and I stopped playing then. I haven't played since because I've been busy. So you should be bale to just load up the save and see the 0 tribute, 0% interest in it, peace status.

Addendum in theese cases, besides the other ways I've described, you can get peace with them though in a few other ways.
1. another faction declare war upon that landless(cause if they where paying tribute to them before they see no point in doing so.)(as with all factions if the powerbalance shifts too much.(most of those you can get peace on same day, just getting less tribute or paying them instead of a 2-3+ front war).
2. if your faction starts to loose badly against other opponents, the intrest in peace will grow in general, and I've gotten peace with a "defeated faction" that way.

Overall though, they need to implement the features from the mod over on nexus if they arent going to do the Warband - Exile route.
The mod I'm tracking is "no war for the defeated" and well once a kingdome holds no land, they cant declare war, and any war they are involved in will go to peace.

I mean if the defeated kingdomes actually did make a comeback(ok so I've seen it 1 time, Khuzait did manage to take a castle from Southern Empire once they where defeated, but they couldnt hold it).
But in the current game all they do is act like pestlords. (atleast now they cant go into your towns to sell the things they looted from your raided villages..)
Need to add a "grievance/grudge for the npc's so raiding do have its very high risk - should you be captured by a lord with legit grievance - chop chop..)

Back
Top Bottom