No More Trees 1.2, 1.2a & Burnt Trees Addon 1.0 for 1.003 & 0.808

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there a way to take out trees altogether?  And would this work for 1.011?  Sorry for the necro, just needed to know.

hi i really need a no tree mod for version 1.010 it would really help my performance on my old pc would be noce if u made this compatible with 1.010 thx.

Ok, I'll make a 1.010 compatible version soon, and look into taking out trees altogether as an option.

looks a bit unnatural when all the grass is lovely and green still :razz: giving the grass a more sinister look might actually give this a secondary purpose to it boosting FPS :wink: atleast in my opinion :smile:

Damn need compatible version for latest MB and ya maybe include an option to just remove trees all together or grass? Thank you great mod helps with my battle size.

I've used this mod, however, it's still lagging like it used to on a hilly terrain I'm fighting, so it makes no difference. It could make a difference if I'm not on hilly terrain, but that's not the case when your back is against the wall and you're fighting on hilly terrain. It's just unplayable and I know this is a native feature, it saddens me that even high end PCs have this problem, that's some really ****ed up glitch right there. The only options you have is auto-calc or go in-game and leave your character somewhere while you go smoke a cigarette and your army fights for you... at 2 FPS.

i seriously can't figure this out at all.  i downloaded the file but can't find out how to do the extraction, it doesn't even appear as an option.  any help?

Hi, everyone, and specially Talak. Thanks for your mod, I am using it too, couse I am also having fps problems, like many of us do, i guess.
I am new to M&B, and I spent days reading myself through the forums for solving several problems and customizing the game to my own taste.
About this TREE problem: you mod is solving the problem only partially, although still helps. But I was wondering: isnt there a solution to make the game NOT GENERATING so many trees? I am not very familiar with modding, but I noticed that when you generate terrain with the built-in editor (which cannot be used in random battles ingame  -atleast I havent found a way to do so-, only in custom battles), so in this editor if you put the vegetation generator to minimum, it will change some numbers -2 numbers starting from the 10-th number- in this long row of numbers describing the scene, for example:

0000000221202800000691a400003efe00004b34000059be  - that 12 is describing the density of your overall vegetation. This row of numbers can also be found in scenes.txt at the end of every scene description, like:

scn_random_scene_steppe random_scene_steppe 1792 none none 0.000000 0.000000 340.000000 340.000000 -0.500000 0x0000000221202800000691a400003efe00004b34000059be

You guys are good whit programming and modding. So isn't there a way of altering the scenes.txt in a way that the game woud NOT generate so many trees? I tried to do it myself but i dunno which line refers to which scene, you know what I mean. I managed to kill the trees in one random sceen, but didnt work for the rest. Couse you know, too many trees kills the framerate, but without trees the game looks creepy (as it is creepy whit only trunks of trees too). I would like to find a way of putting some vegetations around my castles and in some battlescenes, but fewer than normally would. Can anyone help me please with this?

Thanks a lot in advance and sorry for my english,it' not my native tongue :smile:

Dan_Grr said:
I've used this mod, however, it's still lagging like it used to on a hilly terrain I'm fighting, so it makes no difference. It could make a difference if I'm not on hilly terrain, but that's not the case when your back is against the wall and you're fighting on hilly terrain. It's just unplayable and I know this is a native feature, it saddens me that even high end PCs have this problem, that's some really ****ed up glitch right there. The only options you have is auto-calc or go in-game and leave your character somewhere while you go smoke a cigarette and your army fights for you... at 2 FPS.

agree, I got 4GHz dual core intel and it still lags in forest with hills :sad:

Um, slight problem here. Everytime I try to play M&B while using No More Trees 1.2 I get an error message saying
'Unable to open file: Modules\Native\Resource\talak_materials.brf'
while the game is loading.

I'm using M&B 1.011 and, to the best of my knowledge, have followed all the guidelines in this topic, but I was wondering what I did wrong to get that error message.

Back
Top Bottom