SP - General No more cardboard armor and helmets (Suggestion)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you tired of getting beaten by a peasent with a crossbow while wearing literally Plate+mail+fabric armor ? Or some expensive tier 6 helmet ? Read this for a while then for i have some ideas here to make things interesting and closer to beeing realistic.

Saying right at the beggining, there are a lot of demonstrations of this you can check if you want, most blunt weapons or even a heavy crossbow cannot pierce a really badly made plate armor let alone well crafted one. Even solid hits with a warhammer against a standing dummy doesn't do any significant damage unless you hit the same spot multiple times, it depends on quality of the armor how much it takes before it gets deformed and makes life harder for the wearer. And also blunt force attack from outside with a weapon won't damage the wearer unless you manage to bend the armor inwards strong enough to make an impact with the body.

So we cleared out the realistic part of the story, ofc this cannot entirely be implemented into the game due to, well, we need balance right ? But we can improve what we have so it makes more sense.

First off, how should armor work in this game compared to how it works right now. There should be weak points where your armor doesn't really protect you depending on the armor you are wearing, for example if i am wearing a mail armor, i should be pretty much completely protected against cuts but stabs, blunt damage and bolts, arrows should be able to deal significant amount of damage. If i am wearing a plated coat or a lamelar i should have a significant amount of defence against every type of damage.

Also there should be weak spots depending on armor you are wearing, like neck, arms, legs and such, where this significant protection doesn't matter.

But how can we balance this ?

Simple, make armors damageable, meaning ? If i get hit by a crossbow, let's say from chest, second bolt from chest should start to deal more damage to wearer and slow the wearer down due to armor starts getting bent or even pierced at some point. Every hit should deal some amount of damage to your armor just like it does to your shield and it should downgrade your armor after battles depending on how much hits you received and reduce the effectiveness of the armor, therefor you can receive signifcant amount of damage from things your armor should protect you from.

How do we repair and polish the armor then ?

We add actual blacksmitsh in towns that can help you with the situation for the right price. Or you can do it yourself if you have enough smithing skill.

This is my solution for cardboard armors, is it perfect ? probably not. Is it implementable ? Heck if i know. But i think it is a good enough suggestion to mention.

Ty for reading.

Nah. If you get killed by 10 stones whilst wearing end-game armour, it's on you. You're just a noob.
So does it take 10 stones in medium and easy settings to ? Or should an noob master the highest difficulty settings in an chess game is the question you may answer

Back
Top Bottom