Need More Info No mods installed. Crash report included old mod data. Possible source of problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2021-02-09_19.53.48_00000000000000000000000000000000

dcolinfox

Recruit
Okay. I can only give you information about what I saw during the crash report upload. I've been playing with a clean install (I uninstalled and deleted all mods). There are no mods installed and thus none enabled. During a crash report, I saw a reference to a mod called PartyScreenEnhancements.xml. Again, this was NOT installed or active. To be clear, it's not a selectable option in the launcher. However, it was included on a previous install that was completely deleted.

The game is somehow accessing old mod data (perhaps from old saves; I don't know). I don't know if it's from mod settings in the launcher or when the game starts up, but if there is a software config error somewhere, it could be the source of a lot of problems. Then again, it could be nothing. Since I don't have source code, I can only point you to this.

(Edit) The described file was located in documents mod config. It may just be a dangling unused file and may not have any relevance to anything.

Last edited:
Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

No. Everything is clean. New install. New saves. No mods. I believe it was a config file for a mod located in my documents that did not get uninstalled since it's not part of the game and was uploaded because it existed under the Mount and Blade 2 documents folder. It's likely not relevant to anything, but it's better to say something and it be nothing than to say nothing and it be something.

i got this kinda same problem too..

i keep crashing on the same event when i attack 73 strong looter with my 72 army.. i look at the report files, some mod files are there.. so i try disabled the mods, load, make new save, then attack the looter again.. and in the middle of the battle it keep crashing.. and the report files is still the same.. the files that crash is the mod i have disabled.. i even try to delete the mods from module directory and retry the game again but same thing happens.. the report files is still the same.. i look more deeper in the report files, there is even some very old mod i have been deleted it since 9 months ago and never installed it in my current game.. but somehow it appears in the report files..

any suggestion how to fix this? why old mods keep appearing in report files and make it crash eventhough i have deleted it?

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

i got this kinda same problem too..

i keep crashing on the same event when i attack 73 strong looter with my 72 army.. i look at the report files, some mod files are there.. so i try disabled the mods, load, make new save, then attack the looter again.. and in the middle of the battle it keep crashing.. and the report files is still the same.. the files that crash is the mod i have disabled.. i even try to delete the mods from module directory and retry the game again but same thing happens.. the report files is still the same.. i look more deeper in the report files, there is even some very old mod i have been deleted it since 9 months ago and never installed it in my current game.. but somehow it appears in the report files..

any suggestion how to fix this? why old mods keep appearing in report files and make it crash eventhough i have deleted it?

I figured out why it's in the reports and I don't believe it's an issue as I originally suspected. The mod files included in the crash report are leftover files stored in "Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\". They are config files left over by the uninstalled mods and they are included because of their location. Deleting those leftover mod files fixes the issue of them being included in the crash report even though the game itself is not using them.

The only issue I can see coming from it would be on the developer end if they see it included in the report and believe there is an active mod during the crash when there are actually no active mods. I believe this bit of info should be forwarded to the devs and maybe shared with other players to prevent any false-positive mod info in the crash reports.

Back
Top Bottom