No Mercenary Contracts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Merc contracts were my bread and butter in Warband. I'd use it to fund building up a small but elite party and go from faction to faction to build my relations with lords by helping them in battle or letting them go. Raiding villages would help me build a warchest for when I finally pledged myself to a kingdom. It made mid-game to end-game a smooth and satisfying transition.

I'm sad to say I can't find any way to do that in Bannerlord. Factions will take you on as a merc, but will only pay you per party you kill at a flat rate of... 30 gold...

Needless to say this is not viable. I'm sure its a bug. No one at TaleWorlds would be this boneheaded over 10 years, right?

PS: please give us the option to recruit mercs from taverns from agents like you can with regular troops. There is no reason to have to load into and out of a scene every time

Last edited:
Merc play in general seems to be a bit... underwhelming period.

Ofc it's EA, but I think some things that bug me the most is that we'll never be able to join minor factions or create them. From what I understand of the game and lore so far, they're just glorified mercenary companies. I believe they confirmed that they will have bases and hideouts, but you can't actually join them. If that's the case, then you most likely can't form a mercenary clan/company of your own which again sucks.

Also tavern hires are the exact same as vanilla warband and it's really a bummer. Early game, I don't want to recruit 8 cav units for 3k-6k+ denars, at least give us the option to choose how many like other WB mods did instead of this break the bank to get guys that'll get one shot by a jav.

You also get the influence you earn converted to gold at a certain rate depending on conditions, think it's 50-300 iirc. Beyond that, it gives you an excuse to beat up faction armies and take their stuff without going outlaw which is very profitable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom