Resolved No launcher load / Save/load game crashing fix (possibly)

Did this help at all?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Havenn

Recruit
This may or may not help people but I figured since it took me 2 days to realize something so simple I wanted to bang my head on the wall lol....

I was playing fine then my launcher would not LOAD at all through steam. The EXE file would work but then saving and loading saves would crash the game.

So whats the point of playing? lol

I went to each folder for Bannerlord in Steamapps and My Documents. right clicked and unchecked the read only...... Didnt work "Im saying what I did because I am not sure if it was combo of things or not."

Anyways, I did that then tried every fix imagineable online that I could find. NOTHING WORKED.

I then said screw it. I disabled my firewall, antivirus protection, cloud delivered protection, automatic sample submission, and tamper protection. Im running windows 10 btw.

Restarted steam, ran the game and the glorious launcher appeared.
I turned my stuff back on too soon though.

Went to save my game and it crashed, tried to load and it crashed. TURNED OFF ALL THE AV STUFF AGAIN, now it plays and save and loads no issue, even after turning it all back on...... I guess allowing it to connect with my pc and access the right files without the hidnerance of the AV stuff was enough for it to be allowed afterwards? Or it had a clear path now? I have no idea, I dont pretend to know much about any ofthis, but im stubborn and it works again now with mods! lol Hope this somehow helps someone.

Hi, the save file directory was recently changed, so the game might have needed permissions to access and alter folders. Glad to hear it is fixed for you! Marking this as solved.

Back
Top Bottom