No Helmets for Imperial Trained Infantrymen? (and other things) (1.7.2)

Users who are viewing this thread

So as of the latest patch the Imperial Trained Infantryman no longer has a metal helmet, just a cloth coif. I know that the Imperial troops started out massively over-armoured compared to other factions but things seem to have swung too far the other way. The Imperial trained Infantryman is the only tier-three infantry troop without a metal helmet and now has head armour of only 14 compared to around 30 for most of similar troops from other factions, on top of not having a spear to defend against cavalry with.

As I say, I understand that things get adjusted for balance etc. but it seems like the pendulum has swung too far. A while back the Imperial Cataphracts lost their lamella gauntlets for lordly padded mittens, not even mail mittens, despite having no cape to give added protection and before that, the Palatine Guards lost their unique helms. Then you have items that have never been used in-game like the cataphract lance.

Also, as of the latest patch both of the golden Imperial helmets seem to no longer be for sale. The plumed one disappeared in 1.7.1 but both are gone now.

I think the Empire culture troops need a bit of a reassessment in the general direction of giving some of them slightly heavier armour, and also bringing back more of their unique look. As it stands the Palatine Guards look very similar to the crossbowmen and the Equites have almost the same outfit as the Veteran Archers. For example, the Palatine Guard could get their helmets back and swap their current body armour for the Decorated Legionary Mail plus the new caped harness. Equites could get the tall helmet instead of the kettle hat, which would be a more appropriate choice for cavalry. They could also have an option to use the leather shoulders that match their body armour instead of just the current neck guard.

There are also some weird weight values assigned to the new body armours, they seem far to heavy for both what they are and the assigned armour values.

I don't think TW really knows what they're doing at times. Feels like they just end up putting out the wrong stuff half the time and go woops.

Either that or they have their own notions about what's good and why. Just like when they removed throwing on pilums.

Just like when they removed throwing on pilums.
Pilum throwing seems to be bugged, at least in 1.7.0, I have not tested further versions. Check this thread and contribute to it:

I don't think TW really knows what they're doing at times. Feels like they just end up putting out the wrong stuff half the time and go woops.

Either that or they have their own notions about what's good and why. Just like when they removed throwing on pilums.
:lol: ... it's the Bannerlord experience™

Pilum throwing seems to be bugged, at least in 1.7.0, I have not tested further versions. Check this thread and contribute to it:
No bug but another intended design decision™... my sweetheart Lucius Confused :iamamoron: check this out:
Dejan said:
[...] I can confirm that their ability to throw the pilas was removed intentionally. It's still being discussed internally though. If you have any specific feedback related to that, I can forward it. [...]

Looking forward to them reverting that change.
They are "internally discussing" this important change since about 8 weeks. Don´t expect anything to change related to pilums...

Should a pilum be throwable as it was used historically?

TW:
14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.jpg

They are "internally discussing" this important change since about 8 weeks. Don´t expect anything to change related to pilums...

Should a pilum be throwable as it was used historically?
Your question is surely a bit sarcastic :wink:
But veryveryvery... 'seriously'...:grin: if not throwable then should not be called Pilum, thats so a special roman term, would be better. Anyone who knows that 'term' and there are surely not few expect a throwable ''speer''.
Perhaps there could be also the design of a 'Longbow' and because to strong as ranged weapon you can use it only as a longer baton or at least throwable (here 10 meters) like a boomerang.
So to make a gun with same design to a club has nothing to do with game-balance, thats only missed topic... false.

Back
Top Bottom