No garrison after I capture a town/castle as a marshall

Users who are viewing this thread

Arszi

Knight
If an NPC marshall captures a town/castle, a small number of garrison will be present. But if I capture one, there will be a garrison of 0 men. If I switch to manage it myself and place a few soldier to protect the fief, I get a -10 relation with the town. Is it a bug, or what should I do to avoid 0 men garrison and the -10 penality?

I believe it is as intended.

You just killed the army and city guard, raped and pillaged the city and you're leaving your men to "keep order", if this happened in my town, I'd be pretty pissed. (what I did do was use tweakmb to modify how much buying a round of ale at the tavern to give a lot more relation)

NPC lords give absolutely zero craps about their relations to villages (and technically, there are no relations between npcs and fiefs).

Sorry but I know nothing but this for now.

Never mind, I found the solution, I was able to hire mercenaries in the manage garrison menu.:lol:

I fixed it simply by modyfying the tavern quest to give 10 relation rather than one. So i take town, switch garrison to my control then npc, then do the quest to have 0 relation. Obviously i don't abuse it to go to 100.

Also saying that it is intended is a dumb thing. Most of the time if you reset the town it can get like 10 troops, basically some beggars from street became the guards, any and every lord will be able to take it over. Waiting doesn't help. I tested it before doing my tweak in tweakmb. I waited for a week maybe even 10 days, nothing nadaa garisson was still 0 peps. Only way is to either
- switch garrison
-give the town to lord

I did wait without switching the garrison on-off, did not lose relation, and got new batch of troops each time, going up by 10. It seemed like if the garrison was recruiting lances that I'd get, but it was still fine by me.

Foster161 said:
I did wait without switching the garrison on-off, did not lose relation, and got new batch of troops each time, going up by 10. It seemed like if the garrison was recruiting lances that I'd get, but it was still fine by me.

I am wondering about this too:I took a town and started with 56 mercs available, and a few days later I had 62 troops in the garrison. Any idea what the # per week might be based on, besides presumably town prosperity and leader's popularity?

Back
Top Bottom