No custom servers till 2022?

Users who are viewing this thread

What a load of ****. If it actually was 2 years in the future TW wouldn't tell their server hosts but rather just say they dont have a planned date. Also did the server hosts randomly ask TW about custom servers? Why? Custom servers are hosted by private people and does not use TW official servers.
It is entirely possibly they may have asked about a release date and gotten some vague information.

We haven't given out any info about the potential release date of custom servers so any claims about hearing from "reputable sources" are invalid. When we have more to share on this topic, we'll let you know.

Damn it. Every time i see a thread about custom servers i read everything hoping for new info
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

"very reputable sources"
Continues to not name whatsoever what this reputable source is or what the source makes reputable. Lmao.

I have heard from myself that custom sever will come in 69 days.

Custom servers have been asked for 8 years now and for 8 years TW has said they will come but that they currently are not a priority. Making the 101th post about it will not make it quicker. They also said they will not give you a date (as they probably don't even have a date themselves, *software management*).

The sentence: "custom servers are important and the only reason Warband MP exists" has been said over and over so I don't think anything is being added here.
Don't even reply to Flyburn mate ^^.

I think it is possibly hypocritical of Taleworlds to tell us they dont have anything to say about custom servers while previously having issued cease and desists to the people who managed to create them.

They did have something to say. They said "no"

We haven't given out any info about the potential release date of custom servers so any claims about hearing from "reputable sources" are invalid. When we have more to share on this topic, we'll let you know.
What i thought when he said so... But it was from a guy that i would never have expected to lie about such a topic...
Since a community manager and you have now denied feel free to hide or delete this thread...

What annoys me is you give youtubers like Lionheart (call to arms) event a private server and not anyone else. That's absolute b.s.
You can make exemptions for one and not for all. I'm disappointed with TW.

What annoys me is you give youtubers like Lionheart (call to arms) event a private server and not anyone else. That's absolute b.s.
You can make exemptions for one and not for all. I'm disappointed with TW.
"Private server" those servers are just as private as clan wars hosted by clans. The CtA servers are just servers setup with a password, nothing special about them. And of course they cannot give every lad his own server with a password, be sensible.

"Private server" those servers are just as private as clan wars hosted by clans. The CtA servers are just servers setup with a password, nothing special about them. And of course they cannot give every lad his own server with a password, be sensible.
Doesn't matter as point still stands, they still gave special servers for one and not others.

Serious question. Why not? The technology is clearly there and ready on their end if its already functioning for certain people. If the only thing stopping us from having private open servers is the refusal to buy more space or tech to handle the traffic then wtf.

But seriously. Whats stopping taleworlds from allowing people to hose a passworded TDM, Duel or Siege server whenever they want?

Serious question. Why not? The technology is clearly there and ready on their end if its already functioning for certain people. If the only thing stopping us from having private open servers is the refusal to buy more space or tech to handle the traffic then wtf.

But seriously. Whats stopping taleworlds from allowing people to hose a passworded TDM, Duel or Siege server whenever they want?
Because servers cost resources? Hosting isn't free.

So if they would allow everyone to make random siege servers which are barely used then they are wasting resources.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be an option to arrange such a thing I'm only saying that it is very understandable that not everyone and his dog can get one.

So if they would allow everyone to make random siege servers which are barely used then they are wasting resources.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be an option to arrange such a thing I'm only saying that it is very understandable that not everyone and his dog can get one.
Well we know hosting cost $$$, which myself included are willing to spend.

Well we know hosting cost $$$, which myself included are willing to spend.
You don't seem the brightest so let me give you a couple of hints why your suggestion is rather ridiculous.
TW isn't a server hoster.
Bannerlord is an early access game.

Also, resources are more than just big fat stacks of cash.

TW decided to give a couple of community events dedicated servers, maybe contact TW with your amazing idea and they might give you a dedicated server too as they did with the duel server!

It's the same as crying why Youtubers and Streamers get early access to some games and you don't.

Involvement from taleworlds in server hosting is the worst decision. There has already been a bit of speculation about servers being hosted in the back-end by taleworlds, which is a terrible idea for server modding.

Either it's full custom files, or it's nothing

As I said. If the cost is the only thing stopping Taleworlds from allowing it, Taleworlds is literally broke. Like about to go bankrupt and the game isnt getting finished broke.

Unless they are embezzling funds or something else wild like that, we know this simply isnt true, because Bannerlord is one of the best selling games in the last year. Granted, its possible the long development had them operating in the black for quite awhile, but I seriously doubt they are anywhere close to in danger of going under.

This is also completely glossing over the issue that numerous clans and communities would be more than willing to simply pay the cost of their server for Taleworlds. It makes no difference to GK or IG if they are paying a 3rd party to host or Taleworlds directly. Its the same money for the same purpose as long as Taleworlds is charging equivalent to what a 3rd party like Oasis Hosting or Marksmods would.

As I said. If the cost is the only thing stopping Taleworlds from allowing it, Taleworlds is literally broke. Like about to go bankrupt and the game isnt getting finished broke.

Unless they are embezzling funds or something else wild like that, we know this simply isnt true, because Bannerlord is one of the best selling games in the last year. Granted, its possible the long development had them operating in the black for quite awhile, but I seriously doubt they are anywhere close to in danger of going under.

This is also completely glossing over the issue that numerous clans and communities would be more than willing to simply pay the cost of their server for Taleworlds. It makes no difference to GK or IG if they are paying a 3rd party to host or Taleworlds directly. Its the same money for the same purpose as long as Taleworlds is charging equivalent to what a 3rd party like Oasis Hosting or Marksmods would.
Like I said in the previous reaction resources is more than just fat stacks of money and TW isn't a server hoster.

CtA got their own server and so did Duel so have people even tried to set up their own events? It's very understandable that TW doesn't give everyone a dedicated server as that isn't doable and isn't their business.

Hosting servers is more than just:
"Paypal me 10 bucks and here is a server for a day, this is the pass".

Back
Top Bottom