No custom servers till 2022?

Users who are viewing this thread

I heard from very reputable sources that custom servers will not be available till 2022. I have not found a thread explaining or announcing this on the website or forums.
But i would be very greatful if a developer or community manager would confirm or denie this.
I would also like them to explain thier reasoning behind this as there does seem to be no positives to this. I mean there doesn't really seem to be a reason why they havn't been released already. As you can quite clearly see Multiplayer is in an extremly bad shape atm.

Custom servers allow for custom maps and scripts it also allows multiplayer mods to be developed which is argueably one of the best things with warband is the range of multiplayer content. Full Invasion Persistent World etc.

Obvously we would love to see the full mod tools being released soon as well. As we approach a year 1 mark it is depressing to see the lack of development of the multiplayer side. A two year wait for custom servers seems like an incredbly stupid descision to have been made...

Private servers are the lifeblood of Mount & Blade multiplayer. Server owners offer a service to the community which brings players together and allows them to enjoy the game in a way in which we as a company are simply unable to. Community events, tournaments, new game modes and custom maps are just some of the ways in which people benefit from the generosity, dedication and hard work of these valued community members, and without them, the multiplayer side of the game would be a lesser experience.

:fruity:

GRUG NO WANT PLAY NOT GRUG CAVE
GRUG WANT GRUG PLAY IN GRUG CAVE WITH GRUG TRIBE
OOGA BOOGA OOGA BOOGA
GRUG NOT HAPPY TALE OF WORLD TRIBE NO ALLOW GRUG MAKE GRUG CAVE FOR GRUG TRIBE TO PLAY WITH GRUG
OOO OO OOoOO OO OOO GRUG SAD

We need server and community infrastructure before we leave EA. Adding it after game is released will make us miss out on the last big potential influx of old returning and new players.

I don't want launch to be destroyed by siege servers going down or being laggy for example.

OOGA BOOGA OOGA BOOGA
GRUG NOT HAPPY TALE OF WORLD TRIBE NO ALLOW GRUG MAKE GRUG CAVE FOR GRUG TRIBE TO PLAY WITH GRUG
Monke agree.
We need server and community infrastructure before we leave EA. Adding it after game is released will make us miss out on the last big potential influx of old returning and new players.

I don't want launch to be destroyed by siege servers going down or being laggy for example.
The fact custom servers were not even considered to be a milestone to get out of EA tells you enough how much TW doesnt give a **** about the MP

And the few devs on it are left with fixing up as much as they can to give the illusion they care.

Completely agree with OP, we need custom servers soon, even if they are super buggy etc, private servers were the lifeblood of warband without them bannerlord just seems so stale. I'll never understand why they tried to implement a matchmaking system instead of putting all their resources into writing good server code that they could release to the community on release of EA. Even if it needs alot of work please release something private servers and MP mod teams can work with.

"very reputable sources"
Continues to not name whatsoever what this reputable source is or what the source makes reputable. Lmao.

I have heard from myself that custom sever will come in 69 days.

Custom servers have been asked for 8 years now and for 8 years TW has said they will come but that they currently are not a priority. Making the 101th post about it will not make it quicker. They also said they will not give you a date (as they probably don't even have a date themselves, *software management*).

The sentence: "custom servers are important and the only reason Warband MP exists" has been said over and over so I don't think anything is being added here.

But a clarification if custom servers would be released before EA ends would be good.(I don't believe it had been mentioned anywhere?) Not in the same patch I hope. It would be chaos.

*Edit* Not as a promise, but rather what the MP team is planning currently.

Last night I dreamt of Bannerlord and I saw the future. TaleWorlds is going to make Custom Servers available in June 2022. Does this count as a reputable source? My dreams are typically quite accurate.
Heresy!
tumblr_melif5gGVQ1r7a2bao1_400.gif

Last night I dreamt of Bannerlord and I saw the future. TaleWorlds is going to make Custom Servers available in June 2022. Does this count as a reputable source? My dreams are typically quite accurate.
I'd say you should bring to this to resonant, he will make 10 mins video to just say one line

OOGA BOOGA OOGA BOOGA
REJECT TECHNOLOGY JOIN MONKE

Very educated post and I totally agree

The sources are existing server hosters which have aprently spoken to Callum already. I won't give out names publicly... But i also don't see how it benefits them to lie about it either?

What a load of ****. If it actually was 2 years in the future TW wouldn't tell their server hosts but rather just say they dont have a planned date. Also did the server hosts randomly ask TW about custom servers? Why? Custom servers are hosted by private people and does not use TW official servers.

Back
Top Bottom