No custom servers till 2022?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hosting servers is more than just:
"Paypal me 10 bucks and here is a server for a day, this is the pass".

Youve obviously never hosted a server before because that is literally how it worked for warband and just about every other game with dedicated servers.

You would buy the server slots from a provider for a certain amount per slot per month and they would give you the tools to set up your passwords, module, etc.

You accidentally proved me right.

Youve obviously never hosted a server before because that is literally how it worked for warband and just about every other game with dedicated servers.

You would buy the server slots from a provider for a certain amount per slot per month and they would give you the tools to set up your passwords, module, etc.

You accidentally proved me right.
:facepalm:

I wouldn't talk to me about hosting servers lmfao.
I will repeat myself again, TW is NOT a server hoster NOR provider.

As you can see from your own post you already expect quite a few services of them.

They are a game developer who gives some events their own server with a password from time to time, that does NOT make them a damn server provider.

As you can see from your own post you already expect quite a few services of them.

They are a game developer who gives some events their own server with a password from time to time, that does NOT make them a damn server provider.
'quite a few services' lol
thats the bare basics.

yes they are a developer, but if they arent providing service for all regions while still selling there, they should provide the ability to host servers by yourself.

'quite a few services' lol
thats the bare basics.

yes they are a developer, but if they arent providing service for all regions while still selling there, they should provide the ability to host servers by yourself.
Yes, and they are a game developer and not a hosting company who provide those services. Bare basics of hosting can complicate your workflow quite a bit and it is not in the slightest their expertise. They develop a damn game so why are you expecting hosting services from them?
They just stick to their scope which is developing a game, not becoming a hoster.

What do you mean "they should"?
They are just a company trying to make money and apparently providing that ability is not on their priority to-do list. That you want them to host servers all over the world is just that, you wanting or requesting something.

Yes, and they are a game developer and not a hosting company who provide those services. Bare basics of hosting can complicate your workflow quite a bit and it is not in the slightest their expertise. They develop a damn game so why are you expecting hosting services from them?
They just stick to their scope which is developing a game, not becoming a hoster.

What do you mean "they should"?
They are just a company trying to make money and apparently providing that ability is not on their priority to-do list. That you want them to host servers all over the world is just that, you wanting or requesting something.
I'm not expecting them to provide servers, I'm expecting them to provide the tools for us to do it ourselves. Ya know, like it's been possible for 10 years on Warband.

They sell the game in SA. They provide no servers in SA, making the MP mostly unplayable there. Guess you could call that a scam, advertising a feature (MP) and then making it inaccessible...
Provide tools or provide servers. The only alternative to those two is not providing MP at all.

E: also read my signature

I'm not expecting them to provide servers, I'm expecting them to provide the tools for us to do it ourselves. Ya know, like it's been possible for 10 years on Warband.

They sell the game in SA. They provide no servers in SA, making the MP mostly unplayable there. Guess you could call that a scam, advertising a feature (MP) and then making it inaccessible...
Provide tools or provide servers. The only alternative to those two is not providing MP at all.

E: also read my signature
So what is your point then? My point is that asking TW to provide servers en masse is just ridiculous, I want custom servers to be released whenever as much as the next person. Custom servers aren't discussed here, private servers provided by TW are.

So what is your point then? My point is that asking TW to provide servers en masse is just ridiculous, I want custom servers to be released whenever as much as the next person. Custom servers aren't discussed here, private servers provided by TW are.
Pretty sure OP is about custom servers

From what I gathered Taleworlds would actually spend less in allowing servers to be hosted rather than hosting themselves.
Only reason they are not doing it was explained in one of mister out of time posts, where they don’t want to give out the idea that the game is better thanks to modders

OP is but not the person I'm replying to, he is mad that some communities get servers with passwords like CtA.
Well communities getting servers "borrowed" to them is far from custom servers.

It begs the question why TW is indeed not just turning on custom servers without custom servers files.

As seen before in warband you can simply host a game from your machine. Same is for bannerlord, it's as simple as turning a 0 to a 1 in the masterserver since from my understanding it's the only thing that prohibiting custom servers from being created.

Server files wouldn't technically be released, but at least communities would be able to hold events between themselves.

We haven't given out any info about the potential release date of custom servers so any claims about hearing from "reputable sources" are invalid. When we have more to share on this topic, we'll let you know.
Well some hints of information would be appreciated. We did pay $50 for the game after all. I think that TaleWorlds should be honest about the time, even if it is far out, it would be very helpful to a lot of us.

Well some hints of information would be appreciated. We did pay $50 for the game after all. I think that TaleWorlds should be honest about the time, even if it is far out, it would be very helpful to a lot of us.
And you tell me about it, I can't even play the game lmao

Lmfao ok

If taleworlds isnt a server host

who is supposed to be hosting their servers?

Are you just bending over to the expectation that Bannerlord should have no servers?

Either Taleworlds is a server host and is currently hosting servers, or there are no servers, because nobody else is doing it. Youve created a Schrodinger's multiplayer where there simultaneously are servers despite no servers being hosted.

You might say wrong! There is a 3rd option! Taleworlds arent the ones hosting the servers! They are paying someone else to host for them! Ok. If thats the case we are back to my original point. Why cant community members pay the same people Taleworlds is apparently paying (since taleworlds isnt a server host according to you) to host their own servers on Bannerlord?

Lmfao ok

If taleworlds isnt a server host

who is supposed to be hosting their servers?

Are you just bending over to the expectation that Bannerlord should have no servers?

Either Taleworlds is a server host and is currently hosting servers, or there are no servers, because nobody else is doing it. Youve created a Schrodinger's multiplayer where there simultaneously are servers despite no servers being hosted.

You might say wrong! There is a 3rd option! Taleworlds arent the ones hosting the servers! They are paying someone else to host for them! Ok. If thats the case we are back to my original point. Why cant community members pay the same people Taleworlds is apparently paying (since taleworlds isnt a server host according to you) to host their own servers on Bannerlord?
You are seriously dense.

That they host their own server doesn't mean they provide that service to other people.

If TW accepts money to host servers they agree to deliver a service to that person, they need to provide tools to modify that server, TW is responsible for what happens on that server. If TW has downtime do they need to pay a refund? They need to provide customer support.

Hosting your own is a different cake than hosting for someone else.

You are seriously dense.

That they host their own server doesn't mean they provide that service to other people.

If TW accepts money to host servers they agree to deliver a service to that person, they need to provide tools to modify that server, TW is responsible for what happens on that server. If TW has downtime do they need to pay a refund? They need to provide customer support.

Hosting your own is a different cake than hosting for someone else.

I don't think anyone is expecting TW to open up a server for me and Steve, whenever we feel like playing on our own.

And perhaps there is some kind of issue with self-hosting from your own pc, perhaps to do with the siege Linux crashes or the resets after every game end.

But undoubtedly, TW is currently using dedicated servers to host the current multiplayer. The functionality is already there, there is already a method to alter gamemode/map/settings or there'd only be one gamemode.

So why hasn't that functionality which has existed for over a year, been made accessible to larger server hosting companies to set up and sell to individuals, just like warband?

It is now 2 months until release, we can say "it's EA" all we like, hopefully there will be a delay. Even if the delay was a full year, how long has it taken for other server changes to come into effect, like a dedicated duel mode? Or a ranked mode? How much longer until those are finished and tested? Then how much longer until custom servers then begin their testing? How long until they're finished? Will they hold full release until then?

There are alot of questions left hanging, I imagine because TW themselves hasn't got a solid answer to them either. But we haven't even been explicity told custom servers are a current priority, which incredibly might be the worst decision made so far, and there have been many bad decisions so far.

If this game releases without full custom server support, multiplayer is dead and buried. And we have no idea if that'll be the case.

hey

hey you

guy

hey

• Hosting our own servers (for the time being) allows us to collect a lot of useful data that is used to help us improve server performance and fix any crashes or other issues.

Back
Top Bottom