Resolved No child it's been 3 years since I married

Users who are viewing this thread

So I married Nadea, Garios' daughter, when she was 18 or 19 somewhere around there. I immediately took her in my party. She has really good warrior stats (riding 120, athletics 120, tactics 120, one-handed and bow both 180, two-handed 140, polearm 160), but she has only 60 charm. She is now 22 and I have no child. I don't know if I missed the notification telling me that she was pregnant or not, is there any way to check if she is pregnant? It's been 3-4 years since I married her and took her in my party, maybe I missed the notification but anyway the child should be already born, right? Maybe I saw that when she became 21 years old she became taller. So I don't know, maybe she couldn't get pregnant until she was 21 or? Is there any way to check if she is pregnant? I am 38 and she is 22 but I don't think there is any problem with that difference because there isn't any in real life...

So I married Nadea, Garios' daughter, when she was 18 or 19 somewhere around there. I immediately took her in my party. She has really good warrior stats (riding 120, athletics 120, tactics 120, one-handed and bow both 180, two-handed 140, polearm 160), but she has only 60 charm. She is now 22 and I have no child. I don't know if I missed the notification telling me that she was pregnant or not, is there any way to check if she is pregnant? It's been 3-4 years since I married her and took her in my party, maybe I missed the notification but anyway the child should be already born, right? Maybe I saw that when she became 21 years old she became taller. So I don't know, maybe she couldn't get pregnant until she was 21 or? Is there any way to check if she is pregnant? I am 38 and she is 22 but I don't think there is any problem with that difference because there isn't any in real life...

Stop drinking Mt. Dew, wear boxers instead of briefs and maybe turn the bed to point East or West, depending on how its pointed now. :wink:

I've already created a topic about this issue :

I would advise you to check from now on and try to remember if you've ever seen wether any child has been born in your whole save (you should see a notification about other people children's birth).
I believe your save is, like mine, corrupted about birth and no one will born until you start a new game.
I haven't seen any recently but when I select a random character I see that he made a baby in 1090 wich is after you start the game (I think) and then another one in 1087 so there were new ones, but recently none.

Samething happened to me a while ago. Married for 3-4 years with no child then suddenly she got pregnant and after that 5 times more.

I wrote about it in the thread I've already made about this issue, it was my first playthrough, I had everything on realistic and death disabled. I've lost a battle against an enemy lord, but instead of the usual "you've been captured" thing, I had the message "you've been killed".
Then an interface appeared allowing me to select an heir (same as when you create a party and you can select which companion). The only choice I had was my wife because my 7 children were too young.
I was like WTF I don't wanna die so I've just loaded back my save from before the battle and this time I was just captured.
I should have made screenshots, didn't think it was so rare of a thing.

But I died with death disabled so it was probably a bug.

I've got 5 with another on the way. Started in Summer 85, it is now Spring 88...no twins. I'm 33, my wife is 26, so around 30 and 23 at marriage. A child every other season.

Father: Brian (30), King of the McRae clan (as I don't have any vassals atm) Note: Brian is the Irish spelling, for my ancestry
Mother: Manan (23), eldest daughter of Tais of the Banu Qild clan of the Aserai confederacy

Summer 85 - 7th Got married to Manan
Autumn 85
Winter 85 - 7th Meinher (M) is born (conventional)
Spring 86
Summer 86 - 19th Lulya (F) is born (helpful)
Autumn 86
Winter 86 - 18th Varmond (M) is born (conventional)
Spring 87
Summer 87 - 15th Papenbard (M) is born (conventional)
Autumn 87
Winter 87 - 11th Zandina (F) is born (helpful)
Spring 88

I did have one fief and my own kingdom when we wed, so I am uncertain if that plays a role. Also, apparently you can get twins as well. I am wondering if that is only from specific spouses though (as in those who have a familial history of fraternal twins). The best part I find with this is that my wife travels with me. All of my children are listed as "HOLDING" in the clan interface. Since it is all caps, I am assuming that it means holding just as a party holds position, but I can't help but picture my character and wife galloping into battle while juggling five babies (soon six).

There is a hidden stat in the game for every hero, fertility and it's a bool. In my game i never had children in more than 7 years of game while my friend during the same period had his wife pregnant 9 times. So i checked with the console and my wife isn't fertile ...

It's not a bug. If you do not get children, change wife. Well i know you can't, so wait for my quest to heal sterility :p

Back
Top Bottom