no besiege?????

Users who are viewing this thread

drigi

Recruit
Hi everyone. It is my first time here, so any info is much appreciated.

I have started new campaign, 1.2, have a good uniform, weapon, companions, army and around 80 in game days. My problem here is- even do all the nations are in war, none of them has a marshal to lead other generals so nobody conquers anything. Can that be solved somehow or I should start a new campaign?

Thanks

Campaign AI doesn't seem to be very aggressive and factions appear to get stuck when voting is required, whether it's to appoint a marshal or award villages etc. Playing 1.2, I'm more than 900 days in and wars in general are pretty rare and limited to village raiding. I also noticed that once you have a dialogue with any lord about who should be marshal or who should get village x, then the choice is made within a few days. It's as if the AI won't make the decision unless your character reminds it.

Instigate the war yourself, that's what I did, provocation of another faction by attacking caravans, village farmers, or lords usually starts a war.  As for voting in a marshal, I approached the faction leader and supported his candidate for the position and almost instantaneously the kingdom appointed a marshal.  This procedure has worked for me numerous times hopefully it will work for you!  Good luck!

yes, I have done that with holland but still he does not call for a campaign, and other 6 leaders do not have a marshals. Maybe I should become a lord of every nation, one by one, and every time ask leader to appoint marshal, so they all are going to have them. and after that i should become independent and take some city while they all are making campaigns. hm..... 

I can't confirm this altogether. First when I played for Austria and defected to Rheinbund and back again it was exactly as Time Golem wrote:

Time Golem said:
Campaign AI doesn't seem to be very aggressive and factions appear to get stuck when voting is required, whether it's to appoint a marshal or award villages etc. Playing 1.2, I'm more than 900 days in and wars in general are pretty rare and limited to village raiding. I also noticed that once you have a dialogue with any lord about who should be marshal or who should get village x, then the choice is made within a few days. It's as if the AI won't make the decision unless your character reminds it.

But once Austria got to big after short time (about day 250), every faction declared war and also started sieges and they took over towns. No matter if I was in this faction before or not. Even Vienna and other native Austrian cities were taken over - indeed by Rheinbund were I was once member. The others (Italy, Russia) at least recaptured lost towns - I don't know if they do so without a marshal.

It seems that there is a certain minimum number of required votes for selecting a marshal.
I've seen the nobles selecting a marshal all by themselves but I share the impression, that it speeds up the process, when you cast your own vote.

All the nations select their marshals by themselves in my game, no need for faction hopping ^^

in my game all the 10 kingdoms generals stay within their kingdom borders,with no marshal to lead them, now 150 days, even most of them are in war with someone, so my campaign lack of really good action Maybe they all have become pacifists  :sad:

The AI is very aware of garrison strength so perhaps the rulers' 400+ army will try to capture a city by itself without a marshal but none of the other lords will make a move unless they can band together, which requires a marshal. The exception is if the garrison has been weakened. Weak cities also tempt factions to declare war. For example I captured Rome and left only 50 troops as garrison, immediately neighboring factions tried to provoke a war.

drigi said:
so there is hope  :grin:

Sorry, I didn't want to raise false hope... Just wantet to specify that in my game their is enough war and the AI acts quite aggressive and takes over towns. The issue that factions have no marshals without players intervention persists.
Faction hopping at start of the game is a possible workarround. But once a faction loses its marshal he will not be replaced again.

Aposynth said:
[...]
All the nations select their marshals by themselves in my game, no need for faction hopping ^^

@Aposynth: You are definitly playing L'Aigle Patch 1.2? Which version of warband do you play?

Back
Top Bottom